A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 314,339
Currently Running With Scissors:
237 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Craftalong ~ Midsummer Term 2018 ~ Join anytime!  (Read 12306 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

katiebread
« Reply #250 on: August 12, 2018 05:32:46 AM »

OWL PROGRESS, NOT YET COMPLETED
OWL Progress by katiebread, on Flickr

She has a fin and a belt! What other body embellishments does she need? I'm thinking of gluing or sewing some of the beads from her belt scattered on her tail.

OWL Progress by katiebread, on Flickr

Messy stitching is messy.  Cry  I'm contemplating some kind of double dorsal fin ruffle thing to hide it but I'm afraid it'll just make it worse.

OWL progress by katiebread, on Flickr

Her face is stripped but I'm using the high humidity here as an excuse not to seal her and paint her yet. (You have to lay down a base coat of a clear sealant so the pencils, paints, and pastels have something to stick to.) I have no excuse for why she's still bald; her head is sitting in her future hair. Wow, that was a weird sentence. Grin Anyway, I need to make her a wig or re-root her but I'm waffling as to which method to use and distracted by other nearly finished projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: August 12, 2018 07:16:23 AM »

I posted this in the FB page too, but thought I'd also ask here...  Is there any interest in an HP swap soon?  Back to Hogwarts, I Want to Live in the Burrow, One Awesome HP Thing, etc?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: August 12, 2018 08:01:48 AM »

I posted this in the FB page too, but thought I'd also ask here...  Is there any interest in an HP swap soon?  Back to Hogwarts, I Want to Live in the Burrow, One Awesome HP Thing, etc?

My vote is for One Awesome HP Thing. Not that I wouldnt join the others, I just like the idea of focusing on one awesome item.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: August 12, 2018 10:15:47 AM »

~*Headmistress Jennie casts the Homunculus Charm ~ We are here!*~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: August 12, 2018 10:28:31 AM »

*Quidditch World Cup Quarterfinals Update*
The Quarterfinals of the Quidditch World Cup are nearly over!  With just a few hours of play left, let's check in on the matches...

In Match #9, the Chuddley Cannons are returning to form by losing to the Tutshill Tornados, 30 to 45.

In Match #10, the Wollongong Warriors have fallen behind the Puddlemere United, 25 to 60.

In Match #11, the Tarapoto Tree-Skimmers have pulled ahead of the Montrose Magpies 60 to 30.

And finally, in Match #12, the Wimbourne Wasps are down against the Pride of Portree 30 to 60. 

Be sure to get in your Quarterfinals projects before this round closes tonight at midnight, Headmistress Time!  (Central Standard Time)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #255 on: August 12, 2018 03:58:04 PM »

My vote is for One Awesome HP Thing. Not that I wouldnt join the others, I just like the idea of focusing on one awesome item.

I like the one awesome HP thing as well, but I'm open to any of the swaps
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn
interested in a private atc swap-i am collecting ATC cards to be framed in a collage and auction to raise money for Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma research. (ACCRF) project blog-    atc4acc.blogspot.com

pinterest.com/jenleahlynn
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2018 05:49:48 PM »

I've been hoping to see another HP swap soon!   Cheesy
One awesome would be great! But I'd probably go for anything HP swap based lol .... how about: Fill a flat rate? Fantastic Beast themed? Maybe something different like a 12 days -- oh maybe a 7 books, one item from each book?  Um... Hmm... yep anything would be good.  

Class: Floo Powder Pizza Parlour
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name:  Monster Post Its
Project Page Link: -
Brief Description:  Post It notes MY way!  Saw this idea online and wanted to try it out.  Keeping this idea for making teacher appreciation gifts this year!
Project Picture:

Class: Quidditch 10 ~ Wollongong Warriors
Project Name: Starry Night Stone
Project Page Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=455622.0
Brief Description: Using a strong stone I painted a Van Gogh scene for an art abandonment project.
Project Picture:

Class: Quidditch 11 ~ Tarapoto Tree-skimmers
Project Name:  Organic Balloon Vine
Project Page Link: -
Brief Description:  Made a balloon garland in the shape of a vine to climb at the wall at a ladies getaway night. Perfect backdrop to the refreshment table decorated with leafy greens and calming flowers.
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: August 12, 2018 06:04:57 PM by patty_o_furniture » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2018 05:57:03 PM »

I've been hoping to see another HP swap soon!   Cheesy
One awesome would be great! But I'd probably go for anything HP swap based lol .... how about: Fill a flat rate? Fantastic Beast themed? Maybe something different like a 12 days -- oh maybe a 7 books, one item from each book?  Um... Hmm... yep anything would be good.

OOOhhhh... 7 books swap. Love that idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

I'm alive!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #258 on: August 13, 2018 03:15:40 AM »

Any HP swap is good for me. I've been collecting hp merchandise in anticipation of the next one. But please don't close signups without me. I'm in the airport heading to Spain for a week long clowning course. I think i probably need my head examined- I'm a ball of anxiety (and I never get anxious with travel) this is my first big solo trip. Aarrgghh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My hair is coming back. I am getting better and I'm starting to craft again. Hit me up if you want a personal swap

www.pinterest.com/edelc
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: August 13, 2018 06:50:47 AM »

Any HP swap is good for me. I've been collecting hp merchandise in anticipation of the next one. But please don't close signups without me. I'm in the airport heading to Spain for a week long clowning course. I think i probably need my head examined- I'm a ball of anxiety (and I never get anxious with travel) this is my first big solo trip. Aarrgghh

Edel darling, I freakin' LOVE you.  Have a wonderful time in your clowning course.  We won't close signups without you, since we haven't even picked a theme yet!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Messenger Bag
Black and White and Red All Over
Meatless Monday: Summer Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...