A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 314,950
Currently Running With Scissors:
305 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sagittarius shirt  (Read 750 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

gala_apples
« on: May 11, 2018 09:04:53 PM »

In the recent Astrology swap, I made my partner a Sagittarius shirt. I printed off the design, then cut it into recycled plastic, and then stencilled it a dozen times. I think it came out quite nice.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
Jasper_Jasley
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018 10:40:00 PM »

that is SOOO super neat. You're excellent at this. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gozer
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018 04:09:47 AM »

What kind of recyled plastic? Like a stamp? I've seen that done with styrofoam. Curious how you did yours. Looks cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018 04:30:34 AM »

It looks great! What sort of paint are you using? It's vibrant & crisp which can be tricky to accomplish.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018 06:43:14 AM »

This turned out so cute! I, too, am curious which type of plastic you used to cut your stencil. I think I have only used mylar purchased just for that purpose and for larger scale stencils for wall applications.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 83
Patraw

Punk'd by Pinkie Pie again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018 07:30:11 AM »

Your shirt came out great; the bow/arrows shapes are very distinct and sharp! If you ever get the urge, I bet similar garments, using other Zodiac imagery, would look neat as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees

I'm so squishy!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018 09:16:55 AM »

You made such clear, crisp, stamps on the shirt!  How did you get the paint to go on so evenly?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
ETSY SHOP: www.etsy.com/shop/LadybuggirlCrafts
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

Too blessed to be stressed! Smiley
gala_apples
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018 08:22:01 PM »

Sorry for the late reply, my new job struck me down with a cold the day after I started there, this week has been just about trying to stay alive.

So I had this old old package of plastic, binder subject dividers, from back when I was in high school. I'm sure they still sell them, at least in September. It's pretty flimsy plastic, thinner than the plastic most store bought stencils are made out of, so a large stencil might not work (not to mention you're limited to 8.5x11 anyway) but mine was fine.

I printed out the image I wanted on normal printer paper, then put it underneath the plastic and traced it with a sharpie, then used an exacto to cut it out, being careful to leave bridges.

The paint is just the standard 'craftsmart' Michael's store brand. I do like ceramcoat acrylic paint best, but I don't have a store that sells it anymore, and I am always wary about paying online shipping. I mix it about 50/50 with delta/ceramcoat textile medium, which I can only get online, but it's only 10 bucks on Amazon, and the only textile medium my Michael's sells is freakin' 30something.

Thanks for all the questions, I hope this explains things a little better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Remote Caddy
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Rhumba Earrings
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Key Wristlet and Dog Leash

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...