A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,834
Currently Running With Scissors:
302 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: More Art- Less Craft 6X6 Art Swap Gallery!  (Read 8446 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
blupaisan
I work for Cats.

I am the DandiGirl, koo koo ka choo.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2018 12:25:53 PM »

oh my goodness, geekgirl1000100!- yours is my favorite so far , hands down!  What a stunning piece of art you made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are the Redcoats. And they are ours! Or tonight Becky Thatcher sleeps a widow!
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2018 02:40:35 PM »

I received this fantastic 6 x 6 acrylic pour from curiousfae!  Loving the gorgeous colours so much, like a really cool galaxy.  Acrylic pours are so fascinating to look at and I can't wait to hang this beauty up!  You're going to have to tell me what magic mix you used to get such good cells, I haven't tried pouring yet but have been watching lots of videos with so many different recipes.

Thanks for the awesome art partner Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

December 2, 2019 - Join us on  Facebook
curiousfae

mecca-lecca-hi mecca-hiney-ho!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2018 03:08:37 PM »

Glad you like it. It was so fun!

I'd never done one before either so I have a few (um...6) that I tried first to get the hang of what I was doing. There is a bit of prep before you do it, mixing paints, adding silicone for the cells, filling up your cup with layers and such but it's really up to fate with how it turns out. At least in my case it did. Wink

Of course, I didn't figure it out all on my own, I found an awesome gal to watch on YouTube. Her name is Myriam and her channel is called Myriam's Nature. She is a great teacher with helpful tips and detailed explanation of techniques. And her voice sounds so kind and sweet. I am now watching her videos on alcohol inks. It's my next endeavor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blupaisan
I work for Cats.

I am the DandiGirl, koo koo ka choo.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2018 03:25:48 PM »

Wow, Kelli, that is incredible. I have no desire to try it but I sure do love what it is doing for my eyes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are the Redcoats. And they are ours! Or tonight Becky Thatcher sleeps a widow!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2018 05:26:52 PM »

I love the "surprise" you get from that technique!  Thanks for the links...I might try that with the messed up canvases I did in this swap...lol...

Love the colors and the imagined pictures you can see within the pour!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
Onyxnox
Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2018 07:23:20 PM »

Oh wow - this gallery is ***FREAKING AWESOME***** - the combination of science geekery and gorgeous colour from edelc.... flower giraffes from fatewineroses - love the texture.  Blupaisan - love the mantis piece - the detail is great!  Kwality and her monster - that is a very pensive expression on that sweet monster face.  

OMG - the tentacle piece - WOW - awesome dimension! Mandykaye - love that tree - is that done with encaustic?  It has that lovely dreamy quality that layers of wax seem to give it.  Alteredmommy - love your layers - and was that inspired by the recent weather wonders of Spring?  It's been crazy all over Canada it seems.  

I love that bird piece from geekgirl too - love the use of the sheet music with it.  Curiousfae - your poured piece is gorgeous - I have always been intrigued by that - now I want to try it even more!

Yes, as CLM posted already, I carved that stamp for a Craftster Trading Card and figured since I made it, I will use it - I have been using it to sign off on the backs of some of the larger pieces I do, like hooplas, and canvases - if I remember.  I may never make another beaded mini me though - that was a lot of staring at myself and tiny beads!  Though now that  I think about it, I am not sure where that went.  Wonder what Jim would think if I were to hang that beaded me on the wall by his desk... or in the bathroom!

I loved how varied the pieces are - and so many people also went dimensional, or textural, or all sides!  You guys rock my world - I love this it is so inspirational!  It's not just visual appeal - but it feeds the creative soul too.  It makes me want to make more!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018 07:24:08 PM by Onyxnox » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandykaye
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2018 08:04:11 PM »

I received a beautiful painting from WiccadWitch today!!!!!

Its a painting of standing stones (like stonehenge) in the moonlight!!  I love it!! Thanks so much WiccadWitch!!! I know just where to hang this!!! The colors are a bit darker in real life, but I was trying to enhance the beautiful landscape she painted!

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018 08:41:55 PM by mandykaye » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandykaye
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2018 08:39:48 PM »

@Onyxnox, wow that is an amazing amount of work!!!!!! Beautiful!

@geekgirl1000100, that is also amazing!!

@curiousfae, I love how the poured acrylic turned out! I'm afraid to try it as I would probably just make "mud" lol! Great job!

Here is another pic of the one I sent WiccadWitch. I covered the canvas with some clothing pattern paper! I crinkled up a bit while still wet. Then I just layered paint over it and used a palette knife to paint the tree.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2018 09:40:17 PM »

What a cool technique...tissue and palette knife!

And wow, what a gorgeous landscape...in one of my FAVORITE colors!  I love the white highlights...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
Onyxnox
Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2018 01:45:42 AM »

Very nice - the colours are brighter than I thought for the tree.  Love the texture.

Love those gorgeous purples - a very dreamy, fantastical look!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...