A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,840
Currently Running With Scissors:
294 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: More Art- Less Craft 6X6 Art Swap Gallery!  (Read 8466 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
curiousfae

mecca-lecca-hi mecca-hiney-ho!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2018 02:59:37 PM »

curiousfae!  This is so you!  I can virtually HEAR it screaming your name! She def nailed it!

I know! I just feel so lucky and grateful.

I am not done though. I would't mind getting a little something from each and everyone of you to decorate my life!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JoyfulClover
Live long and prosper

Peace and long life

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2018 03:46:33 PM »

curiousfae!  This is so you!  I can virtually HEAR it screaming your name! She def nailed it!

I know! I just feel so lucky and grateful.

I am not done though. I would't mind getting a little something from each and everyone of you to decorate my life!

I mean, I 'wouldn't mind' either!  *Guffaw*

For realsies, though, this was a really great swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandykaye
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2018 08:04:47 PM »

@WiccadWitch, so glad you like it and it made it safely!

@sheepBlue, those tentacles are crazy good!

@kwality570, another adorable monster and love how its peaking out of the frame!

@alteredmommy, I love all the layers and colors! So pretty!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2018 02:27:17 AM »

Guys, check out the gorgeous piece I received from the talented Onyxnox!
Her art is based on what she loves in life...winter, woods and birches.  

And as an added surprise (I love surprises! Grin), the flip side has an awesome complementary three dimensional winter scene  Shocked

So much texture and glittery snow!!  Here's a close-up of it

And I have to show you the cool way she signed her work (love the stamped? stenciled? image)!

Onyxnox, thanks so much for sharing your art with me Smiley
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018 03:58:00 AM by loves2experiment » THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Winter Market 2019
JoyfulClover
Live long and prosper

Peace and long life

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2018 03:30:34 AM »

mandykaye your tree reminds me of Bob Ross with his "happy tree" style. The arching layers in the leaves with branches peaking through. And the colorway is unusual and lovely!

Onxynox! The texture!  The birches!  Double-sided? Are you kidding? I would have to engage in some slappy hands whenever someone wanted to look, so I could show it off properly! I really appreciate how you did not stick to just one medium, but both scenes are so charming.

Did you free hand your signature, or is it a stamp/stencil?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2018 04:00:36 AM »

That mantis piece is really something. How ingenious to use glue covered thread to form the wee baby. And the beady little eyes? Wonderful.

Kwality monster is kwality! That cute lil' face peeking out is the best.

The tentacles are incredible. Just wow. That is a lot of suction cuppity goodness right there.

Mandykaye I would love to see more pics of that textural tree, how did you do that?

alteredmommy's nature scene is amazing. The colours are so vibrant, I have no sort of paint in my stash that looks like that. Beautiful.

Onyxnox I was waiting to see what you were working on, no less fantastic than expected. The double sided is just so you and what a lovely little vignette. It is darling.

All the baffllement over Onxy's stamped signature clues me in that some of y'all somehow missed the most amazing swap of all. The Craftster Trading card exchange, I happen to know she carved her likeness just for that. In the second round she copied it in seed beads, even more awesome. Seems we are in need of another round of that swap so you guys can join in. I'm always hoping to add to my collection Wink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKERS GONNA MAKE, YO!

Craftster member 2006-2020 #CraftsterFriendsForver #craftyfriendsforever

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2018 05:21:45 AM »

I love every.single.bit. of the art created by oxynox!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2018 06:56:57 AM »

Wow! For the last few days, I have been dismantling my crafting room since we are painting it in preparation of moving...I have so many pieces in my room from many of you, including alteredmommy, onyxnox, sheepblue, Leapfeetfirst...I am carefully wrapping up everything to take to to my own home, but it is sad not to see it all everyday...I am so inspired by all of these pieces!!!

And, the admiration continues...

sheepblue...your tentacled mass is epic!  I am so glad it made it  mostly intact...so many fine pieces!

kwaity570...count me in as an admirer of your work as well...and yes, someday, I, too am going to snatch up a piece of your art in one way or another!!

mandykaye...I have been watching your art progress over the years and just love your layering and textures...what a pretty tree you created!

alteredmommy...what paint brand do you use?  The blues in your piece definitely are the most vibrant I have ever seen!  I love that to me, your piece seems tumultuous and stormy...and yet hopeful and happy...very nice work..and, did you do it while traveling?

onyxnox...thank goodness I have a few pieces from you...I can see why having you as a partner is desired...I love that you created a 2-for-1 for loves2experiment!  Your trademark birches with that awesome blue is just gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2018 07:33:08 AM »

WOW!  I've been in Amsterdam the past week and a half eating cheese and seeing every possible museum I could stuff into my day and the fabulous art continues-this gallery is so amazing!

edelc-what a beautiful testament of family love, using the molecule of oxytocin is the coolest idea

fatewineroses-your flower bedecked giraffe is so cute, love the expression you captured

bluepaisan-lovely watercolour of the mama mantis and the little 3D baby>I also live in a place far too cold for the praying mantis, they are so cool

kwality570-another super cute monster, I like how you treated the canvas to make the frame for him

sheepblue-OMG this tentacle explosion is freaking amazing!!

mandykaye-love your textured tree, so pretty!

onyxnox-that is a gorgeous winter birch piece, making it double sided is ingenious!

alwaysinmyroom I use Golden liquid paint, it has the most yummy translucent colour I've ever seen!  kinda spendy but you don't need much as it is highly pigmented. 

Off to check my mailbox and see if curiousfae's package has arrived...and I'd like to remind everyone to feel free to post their pieces over in the More Art, Less Craft board and share with Craftsterland Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

December 2, 2019 - Join us on  Facebook
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2018 09:47:45 AM »

Here is the beautiful piece I received from geekgirl1000100!  She did an assemblage piece that incorporated my love of birds, music and the outdoors!  She really did think carefully about the construction...it is very well made and the parts holding it all together really add to the assemblage feel that I love!

The entire piece is covered and the rolled up music and twigs are held on with glue and wire...

Thanks for my art!  Hubby wants to hang it in the waiting room of his music studio so that his students and their parents can enjoy it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...