A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 314,946
Currently Running With Scissors:
255 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Whirling hat from old sweater  (Read 579 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 11, 2018 03:12:19 PM »

I saw this lovely hat on pinterest and surprise surprise, it led me back here and to a pattern even, haha!

I used a natural fiber sweater that only felted up a little bit so it still had lots of nice drape. Sadly there was not enough space to cut everything with the right side facing out so some of the pieces are wrong side out but you can hardly tell at all so I didn't mind.

The placement ended up creating a spiral pattern of the stripes at the top which I didn't plan but was very happy to see once it was together. I hand stitched a ribbon around the edge and a flower button at the top.

I sent it to Edel so the fit is better than what you see here on my tiny daughter, lol.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018 03:12:56 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

With hair!!!

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018 12:54:19 AM »

And I am the very lucky recipent. It actually fits perfectly, so your bi-coastal patterning works brilliantly! I love the hat, the colours are gorgeous and the spiral pattern is brilliant. And it is so soft and comfy. I know you gave me some floss to embroider on it, but I think I will leave it just as it is, it is perfect. Thank you xxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you. Make me something for my wedding next year (pink and white) and I'll make yourself something lovely

www.pinterest.com/edelc
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018 04:42:28 AM »

Making a hat long distance can be weird when it comes to figuring out size. Glad it fits and you like it, I hope you'll share a photo Smiley.

I should mention here as a general FYI I left the place where the ribbon ends meet unstitched to allow for any adjustment for fit. I hope you won't wear it with that straight pin I left in it Edel! LOL, Perhaps I should make a decorative flower to hold those ends in place. I'll send you something right quick my friend Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

With hair!!!

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018 05:05:34 AM »

Making a hat long distance can be weird when it comes to figuring out size. Glad it fits and you like it, I hope you'll share a photo Smiley.

I should mention here as a general FYI I left the place where the ribbon ends meet unstitched to allow for any adjustment for fit. I hope you won't wear it with that straight pin I left in it Edel! LOL, Perhaps I should make a decorative flower to hold those ends in place. I'll send you something right quick my friend Smiley.

Ha! No I figured out the pin. I'm going to make a pretty kahanzi (can not spell that word) flower for it tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you. Make me something for my wedding next year (pink and white) and I'll make yourself something lovely

www.pinterest.com/edelc
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018 05:15:11 AM »

I can neither spell nor pronounce that, ha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patraw

Punk'd by Pinkie Pie again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018 11:34:35 AM »

Lovely accidental spiral pattern and coloration!

The photo of your daughter wearing it with just her mouth/chin poking out reminds me of Holly Hobby and one of her huge bonnets!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018 01:02:45 PM »

This project is great from start to finish and from origin to the finishing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 83
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

With hair!!!

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018 01:30:05 PM »

Me mid sewing a flower for it

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.pinterest.com/edelc
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018 01:55:01 PM »

You are so dang cute Cheesy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

With hair!!!

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018 02:48:11 PM »

You are so kind. it's a shocking picture, but your kids are never quite as invested in taking a pretty picture as you would like!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.pinterest.com/edelc
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Key Wristlet and Dog Leash
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018:
Tute Tuesday: No Stitch Yarn Hat Ornament

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...