A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
141 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WIP Isabel Clara Eugenia journal ( 2 pictures/questions )  (Read 405 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

BelleBeryl
« on: March 27, 2018 04:05:10 AM »

Bit of a story. The family was off to Italy last summer and since I can not travel anymore. I wanted to do one of the Italian princesses as a journal. Somehow late at night I switched pictures because when I went to look for texts quotes etc  is a Spanish princess/infanta. So here I present  Isabel Clara Eugenia daughter born 1566 daughter of Philip II of Spain. Her age on painting is 13. Painting mentions date 1579. 
 I had coffee dyed but papers went greyish I prefer tea color is softer. So I put it/her away for a while...My teen daughter was doing highschool homework  and it included Philip II  so I tell her he had a daughter. And showed her the journal...My teen DD says the kid looks way depressed. Everyone in paintings looks very serious in paintings of that era. Anyway trying to cheer things up a bit I decided to add beads, glass pearls. freshwater pearls and stick-on gems. I am thinking of a way to add some big freshwater pearls that stay upright on the edge of the cover.
I do not have glue gun. I only use glue stick or sew by hand. I tried a little but is what you see on spine top, was hand sewn on cover. I want the front fairly oval large freshwater pearls 9 mm to stay upright sort of freestanding/floating at the rim/edge The cover is cardboard with paper so not sturdy bit soft.Any tips suggestions?I tried sewing on white lace but pearl sags.
I am searching my stash, some red lace and some black lace which I seldom use, maybe add that too...
The freshwaterpearls are I think seconds by Shipwreck beads had them many years in my stash since they have some nicks/tiny damage, question is would acrylic paint tiny bits stick to freshwater pearls?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018 06:40:00 AM »

I think that your journal is a mix of old and new...the colorful flowers add brightness to the journal as do the beads. I personally would leave the small nicks to get more of the aged feeling...but, I do think acrylic paint will stick to them if you must cover them...

A glue stick is not going to hold those beads to the cardboard...as you said, too heavy. Do you access to any kind of industrial glue like E6000 or even silicone glue used in home repairs? Can you string the beads and then tack down the string on the cardboard?

Can't wait to see more of this journal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
BelleBeryl
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018 02:45:20 AM »

Update. I made a second new journal same subject. My printer died this week waiting to hear if it can be repaired otherwise I have to buy a new one. So unable to scan anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Little Bunny Rabbit Toy
Hanging Around
Meatless Monday: Cinnamon Pecan Scones

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...