A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,833
Currently Running With Scissors:
268 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Broadway/Musical Swap  (Read 926 times)
Tags for this thread: musicals , broadway , swap  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Wizards_Pupil
Flying solo and Free

Demons run when a good man goes to war.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 20, 2018 05:47:34 AM »

Would anyone be interested in doing a Broadway/Musical swap? I'm open to any time suggestion Smiley I'm thinking a four point swap would be a good idea and we could have each swapper choose their top five or so favorite musicals and have the partner make items based off of those. (Movie, or theater)

Thoughts? And what would your top five be?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018 05:22:43 AM by Wizards_Pupil » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge." -J. R. R. Tolkien
"But as for me, I will always have hope." Psalm 71
“Courage, dear heart.”  - C.S. Lewis
Pinterest
Goodreads
gala_apples
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018 12:38:33 PM »

Top three are definitely Book of Mormon, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, and Queen. I've seen the queen musical on more than one continent, I've seen a few different versions of Hedwig live and watched the movie version more times than I can count, and I'd love to see Book of Mormon a second time.

After that it gets harder. I actually have a deep love of the Southpark musical movie, and own the soundtrack. Nightmare Before Christmas is great. I've seen RENT a few times live as well, though I think I'm a heathen who likes the movie better. Chess the musical isn't my fave, but there are two songs from it I listen to constantly. In May I'm going to see School Of Rock the musical and I'm SO EXCITED.

So yeah, my tastes lean more towards weird and new, not the classics. But I do love my musical theatre, and would happily join this swap.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
Wizards_Pupil
Flying solo and Free

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018 09:34:42 AM »

The Book of Mormon is coming on a tour to my state in August and I am so excited to see it. I love the soundtrack but haven't had the chance to see it live. I've only ever seen the movie 'School of Rock' but it was a blast. I've only seen four shows live, two of which were actually Broadway tour shows. Les Mis (a friend was in a local production. He played Enjolras. And not particularly well though he didn't hear it from me Wink ), Wicked (the first musical I saw live), Curtains (by my sister's college friends, it was a hoot), Phantom of the Opera (I found the 25th anniversary edition more impressive in every way), and, my personal favorite of the group, a hilarious local production of Little shop of Horrors.

I haven't figure out my own top five yet xD I love far too many and I seem to be adding more to my list everyday. I like classics (Fiddler on the Roof, Singing in the Rain,
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Goodreads
Kansas96
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018 12:21:50 PM »

This sounds like an interesting idea, but I like it and think it would be fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Thimbles71
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018 06:35:00 AM »

I would be so excited for another Broadway swap!  We did one a few years ago, I think.  I still have the mini-art quilt up behind my desk from the swap.  It has the lyrics from Wicked Little Town from Hedwig and the Angry Inch.  Which would definitely be in my top five musicals.  God, I love that show.

Top five is really hard because I think it's going to shift depending on what sticks with me.  Hedwig and the Angry Inch would definitely be in it.  Hamilton would have to be there, too.  What a remarkable show.  Dear Evan Hansen was spectacular.  I have loved Follies and Company for as long as I can remember.  Oh, the Secret Garden would have to be there.

I could sit here and probably come up with at least thirty favorites.  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Wizards_Pupil
Flying solo and Free

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018 10:15:34 AM »

When would be a good time for everyone?

It might be a good idea to list the top ten instead Smiley It'll make it easier to match up musicals that partners have seen that way.

Dear Evan Hansen is fantastic! Have you seen the new mashup between Hamilton's The Story of Tonight and Hansen's You will be found? It's terrific!

I didn't even know there was a secret garden musical. I adore the book and movie, so now I'm going to hunt that down ( Grin!). Hopefully it's on spotify Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Goodreads
Thimbles71
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018 10:56:15 AM »

I did see the mashup with Lin Manuel Miranda and Ben Platt!  Goodness, that was absolutely gorgeous.  I bought it immediately and it's on my playlist.  Love, love, love.  They performed it this weekend at the march in DC.

The original Secret Garden was in the early 90s, I think?  It's absolutely stunning music though.  Lily's Eyes has always been a favorite of mine.  They had a 25th Anniversary concert at Lincoln Center a couple years ago that was absolutely glorious.  And bringing it back to Hedwig (Grin), John Cameron Mitchell was in the original Broadway cast as Dickon.

I could talk about musicals all damn day.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Wizards_Pupil
Flying solo and Free

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018 11:51:35 AM »

I did see the mashup with Lin Manuel Miranda and Ben Platt!  Goodness, that was absolutely gorgeous.  I bought it immediately and it's on my playlist.  Love, love, love.  They performed it this weekend at the march in DC.

The original Secret Garden was in the early 90s, I think?  It's absolutely stunning music though.  Lily's Eyes has always been a favorite of mine.  They had a 25th Anniversary concert at Lincoln Center a couple years ago that was absolutely glorious.  And bringing it back to Hedwig (Grin), John Cameron Mitchell was in the original Broadway cast as Dickon.

I could talk about musicals all damn day.  Grin

I love this! The music is gorgeous and it's so interesting to look at the Dad/Uncle's story as well as the kids. Thanks for letting me know it existed Cheesy I'm going to have to add it to my playlist now <3

I bought the song Miranda/Platt song when I heard it as well, I didn't realize they actually performed at the march though, that makes it so much better.

I've never actaully listened to Hedwig, so I'm going to have to listen to that now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Goodreads
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018 04:54:14 AM »

I think I'd be into this Smiley I work in the West end, and it's totally not cool to confess this in the greenroom, but I'm a total musical nerd!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Wizards_Pupil
Flying solo and Free

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2018 09:14:35 AM »

Okay, I'm probably going to put this live sometime tomorrow . I'll give it until April 13th for sign ups, does that sound long enough? I'm thinking we make it four points. Does anyone think we need to make a medium or large required? I'm fine without putting that in unless someone wants it other wise.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Goodreads
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes
Meal Prep Monday: Fish Tacos with Green Sauce

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...