A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 315,125
Currently Running With Scissors:
173 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Poll
Question: THIS POLL IS CLOSED, DO NOT TRY TO VOTE HERE.
Yes, definitely.  (This means I'm ready to pay for my share of the house rental.) - 6 (85.7%)
I'm only a maybe. - 0 (0%)
Yes, definitely, and I'm brining 1 other person. (2 total) - 1 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craftster Meetup ~ April 26-28, 2019 in Asheville, NC!  (Read 32173 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

All lit up for the holidays ;D

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #730 on: January 17, 2019 02:12:00 PM »

Gozer, please come. When LeapFeetFirst says she's an introvert, she isn't just saying that to make you feel better. One of my clearest memories of her from Canada was how very quiet she was, but she was always with the rest of us and listening. There are so many ways to be a part of the group. I think we all understand the need for quiet and privacy and respect that in each other. Then, of course, there are people like me who are rarely quiet (part of my response to having been very shy as a child), so just tell me if my talking bothers you. My feelings won't be hurt and I can tone it down.

WORD!

I am too busy to breathe at the moment but I'm finding time to sign in and say, Oh Yeah, to all of that. There were all sorts of personalities at that gathering and it was so amazing, we were a beautiful blend of awesome!
Kathy, as you know, I just never, ever shut up, haha. Everybody can go to their corners when they get burned out from our chatter and we'll sit and gab with the other motor-mouths, haha.
<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
LadybugsAndBumblebees

I'm so squishy!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #731 on: January 17, 2019 02:15:51 PM »

I'm usually quiet till I get comfortable, then I'm a gabby gus!  It takes all kinds of people to make up this world, and I hope no one feels that they should not be a part of the meet-up because of who they are!  Besides, I have found the people on Craftster to be some of the kindest people I have ever met!

And Gozer, you seem like an awesome person, from what I've "seen" of you on Craftster-I hope you can come!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
ETSY SHOP: www.etsy.com/shop/LadybuggirlCrafts
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

Too blessed to be stressed! Smiley
BigBangMomma

Living the @Lynx2Lancer life on Instagram!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #732 on: January 17, 2019 04:09:57 PM »

I'm usually quiet till I get comfortable, then I'm a gabby gus!  It takes all kinds of people to make up this world, and I hope no one feels that they should not be a part of the meet-up because of who they are!  Besides, I have found the people on Craftster to be some of the kindest people I have ever met!

And Gozer, you seem like an awesome person, from what I've "seen" of you on Craftster-I hope you can come!

I'm definitely one of those quiet people until I feel comfortable, and then I'll chat all night! As I've become an adult, I tend to feel out of place a lot. Even though I can't make this event, it's nice to know that those of you I've "met" here, are sharing a personality that seems similar to mine. I definitely relate more to being an introvert, but I wish I felt more comfortable to be more extroverted. I'm definitely going to have to try to get in on one of these online chats that are planned during this trip to "meet" you all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

December Ongoing ATC Swap: 3 claimed/ 0 sent/3 received
Little Good Things Swap: Sent
Ongoing Wish Swap Rd 150: 3 claimed/ 0 sent/ 2 received
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #733 on: January 17, 2019 05:28:59 PM »

I am one of those introverts who hates to walk in the door to an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people. Once Im in the door and either see a familiar face, or find a spot in the room to sit and observe, Im okay. So, gozer, echoing what everyone else has said, please come, Id love to meet you in person!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #734 on: January 18, 2019 05:26:47 AM »

I have been chatting with JoyfulClover and we may carpool there. I am going to put my nervousness aside and try to go. The only thing that could stop me is my cats health. I have a 20 year old who isn't doing great. He's doing well right now but it's obvious he doesn't have too much longer. If he is still steady in April I will be there. I need to go check on how to get this rolling!

Just sent my payment! I am so excited for this!!  Grin
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019 09:01:17 AM by gozer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna

« Reply #735 on: January 18, 2019 10:28:29 AM »

YESSSSS!!

I wish your distinguished gentleman cat a great deal of comfort and napping!  Smiley

I didn't realize that our destination is in/around Buncombe County, which is actually a hotspot in my genealogy, on one side of my family. I don't know if I'll add a day to my trip to go explore the towns and graveyards, or reduce my presence on Saturday. But it's exciting to have a good reason to go see where I (partially) come from!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Does your household accumulate lots of dryer lint and empty toilet paper rolls? If you'll turn them into fire-starters for me, (stuff lots of lint inside the roll, fold edges, maybe add some candle wax), I'll happily send you something nice.
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #736 on: January 18, 2019 01:15:30 PM »

Gozer, I'm so pleased you'll be joining us. I promise you'll have a great time!

Calluna, just a suggestion: plan on doing your genealogy research on a week day. Libraries, newspaper offices, and courthouses will be open then as well as cemetery offices. Make an action plan and bring as much pertinent information with you as you can, i.e., names, dates, locations. Know in advance what questions you want to answer.  As for cemeteries, have you checked www.findagrave.com for your ancestors?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
calluna

« Reply #737 on: January 18, 2019 01:56:55 PM »

Thanks for the guidance, kbrison! I had forgotten that you're a genealogy pro; I'll have to hit you up with more questions. I've looked at the findagrave website in the past, but I haven't looked into anything for NC, since I doubted I would ever be there in person. Lo and behold, Craftster makes even non-crafty things possible!  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019 02:40:16 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Does your household accumulate lots of dryer lint and empty toilet paper rolls? If you'll turn them into fire-starters for me, (stuff lots of lint inside the roll, fold edges, maybe add some candle wax), I'll happily send you something nice.
LadybugsAndBumblebees

I'm so squishy!

« Reply #738 on: January 18, 2019 04:26:54 PM »

YEA, gozer!!!!!  Can't wait to meet you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
ETSY SHOP: www.etsy.com/shop/LadybuggirlCrafts
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

Too blessed to be stressed! Smiley
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #739 on: January 18, 2019 05:41:24 PM »

Thanks for the guidance, kbrison! I had forgotten that you're a genealogy pro; I'll have to hit you up with more questions. I've looked at the findagrave website in the past, but I haven't looked into anything for NC, since I doubted I would ever be there in person. Lo and behold, Craftster makes even non-crafty things possible!  Smiley

I wouldn't call myself a pro, maybe just an experienced amateur. When you grow up with tons of relatives and are always having to sort out the relationships, learning about genealogy becomes almost a self-defensive measure. Don't want to end up dating your own cousin, after all! LOL (It almost happened with my cousin Donna's daughter and our cousin Mary's son. Ouch!) But I'm glad to offer you any help I can.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Bowl Cozies
January 16, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Recon Sweater into Socks

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...