A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
291 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Poll
Question: THIS POLL IS CLOSED, DO NOT TRY TO VOTE HERE.
Yes, definitely.  (This means I'm ready to pay for my share of the house rental.) - 6 (85.7%)
I'm only a maybe. - 0 (0%)
Yes, definitely, and I'm brining 1 other person. (2 total) - 1 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craftster Meetup ~ April 26-28, 2019 in Asheville, NC!  (Read 46329 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

geekgirl1000100
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #900 on: March 20, 2019 06:03:11 AM »

Thanks Mistriss Jennie.  I've been running meetup groups for years so I learned long ago how to set my limits and walk away.  It's too stressful otherwise whenever organizing anything.

I saw your recipe.  Looks so yummy. I haven't posted a recipe in a while so need to think what I can make soon to contribute to the forum.

Thank you for having taken that on geekgirl.  If you haven't gotten enough response by now, you're right to set your limits and walk away on this.  We're grownups, and you shouldn't have to chase us.  There are so many great ideas surrounding this meetup, but it seems like we just can't make all of them happen.  I too was meaning to send you a recipe, but I've got my hands so full with the other organizational stuff that I just never got around to it.  Funny thing is, the recipe I was going to send you, I made on Sunday, and posted here on Craftster. 

Mistress Jennie's Guinness Stew

Might I suggest a personal challenge among ourselves?  To post a recipe you'd love to have made your Craftster friends, on the site?  I know kittykill is always looking for new recipes to feature (especially ones with a decent photo!), and we'd all have them forever on here.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #901 on: March 22, 2019 03:27:53 PM »

Then count on me to bring at least 4-6 bottles, mostly reds.

Ahh, a woman after my own heart.  Kiss

I could bring a folding table or two if we need?

Can you do so without it being an inconvenience to you?  If we weren't going to be crafty, and we weren't going to be doing gift exchanges and such, I'd say we probably won't need any extra tables.  But considering we WILL be crafting, and we will be doing side projects like making bookmarks and such, extra tables might be a fantastic addition.  But I don't want you to be cramped into a car for a long ride, with a suitcase on your lap because you're carting furniture for us too.  Smiley

We'll be driving my Santa Fe SUV. Since the tables fold in half, they easily fit in the rear trunk area, and our luggage will fit on top yet still leave good visibility.

As for the booze, I think I'll also bring the makings for margaritas, my current favorite drink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
19/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #902 on: March 22, 2019 03:36:34 PM »

Me, too! I already have my roving and spindle ready to pack.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019 07:23:36 PM by rackycoo - Reason: » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
19/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Welcome Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Washer Necklace
Can't Fool Mother Nature

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...