A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 314,007
Currently Running With Scissors:
256 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craftster Meetup 2019 (Happening in the South East US ~ But ALL are welcome!)  (Read 1967 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

StudioANF
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #180 on: May 18, 2018 10:25:52 AM »

Whooopppssss  toottalllyy meant to do that poll when I got the initial new comment email notification last time and finally just caught up on all the new comments (wowzers).  I've completed it now.

Glamping seems interesting, though the whole portapotty thing scares me.

If asheville ends up being the place, I've previously stayed in an airbnb and rented out a lodge with friends before and it was really affordable.  It was a bit of a drive to downtown though from the places we ended up picking, but they typically have several options with differing locations.  I'm not sure what the final headcount would be total, going, but I just quick searched for a place for 10 guests for the last weekend in April and found a home that comfortably housed 12 ( 4 bedrooms, 6 beds, 5 baths) for about 1572 total. of course, that all depends on everyone's preferences but figured I'd put that out there to give an idea on a possible price point.

My husband travels a lot for work so I know how hotel pricing can be expensive depending on location, time of year, and if there are any special events happening in that area. Smiley

I so love the idea of sharing techniques - I think that could be tons of fun. Although I'd have to figure out what I could contribute that didn't copy anyone else Wink  I will have to think up some ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2018 05:19:05 AM »

kittykill mentioned that the last time there was a Mod Meetup, they rented out an entire Bed & Breakfast.  Since they are locally owned, they might be easier to convince that we aren't going to trash their space, then the manager of a large chain hotel.

I'm still amenable to renting a whole house via AirBnB, but I'm still worried about how we pay for that.  Since it leaves on person's credit card on the hook, and they have to trust in everyone else paying them back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2018 06:31:57 AM »

My man suggests people forward whatever their share of the money would be to whomever agrees to do the booking, booking happens when everybody is paid up. Cancellations would not be refundable, understandably, but that space could be offered to someone else who might want to attend last minute and they could pay the original participant back their portion of the rental fee.

I have other ideas, I am working on typing them out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: No-Kill Cactus
Tute Tuesday: Wrap Skirt
Meatless Monday: Naan Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...