A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,833
Currently Running With Scissors:
324 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Poll
Question: THIS POLL IS CLOSED, DO NOT TRY TO VOTE HERE.
Yes, definitely.  (This means I'm ready to pay for my share of the house rental.) - 6 (85.7%)
I'm only a maybe. - 0 (0%)
Yes, definitely, and I'm brining 1 other person. (2 total) - 1 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 123
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craftster Meetup ~ April 26-28, 2019 in Asheville, NC!  (Read 77894 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 12, 2018 02:20:32 PM »

Dates & Location: April 26-28, in Asheville, NC!

Housing: We have officially rented the Lodge at Edenderry
The beautiful 7 bedroom house is just outside the city; a quick 15 minute drive to Downtown Asheville!  We have 18 confirmed attendees staying at the Lodge, so there are six spots left.  The cost to stay in the house for the whole weekend is $190.  That guarantees you a spot in a real bed (no couches or air mattresses), pizza for lunch on Saturday, and breakfast & dinner cooked at the house on Saturday too.

4/3/19 Note: The last day to withdraw from attending the Meetup, and receive a full refund is Tuesday, April 9th.

This event is being organized by Mistress Jennie & sheepBlue.  If you have questions feel free to ask either of them in the thread, or via PM.

Merch!
We've designed some tees, hoodies, totes, mugs, etc, for you to sport during our Meetup.  
Visit our Asheville Adventure CafePress Store to check it out!

Confirmed Attendees:  The Lodge (SIX spots left!)
1. Mistress Jennie
2. sheepBlue
3. StudioANF
4. Kbrison
5. Kbrison's DH
6. curiousfae
7. LeapFeetFirst
8. LeapFeets DH
9. craftylittlemonkey
10. craftylittlemonkey's DH
11. Abbeeroad
12. geekgirl1000100
13. perfectlyBohemian
14. Averia
15. anna.wahnsinn
16. craftADDchick
17. underthemountain
18. underthemountain's MOM
19. rhinoceroses

Confirmed Attendees: The Annex (a separate rental)
20. Missing Willow
21. rackcoo
22. cackle

Confirmed Attendees: Camping!
23. calluna

Confirmed Attendees: Day Visitors!
24. kayrun

Possible Attendees:

8/4/18 Note: If you wish to be listed as a confirmed attendee (or moved from the Maybe's list), please PM Mistress Jennie so she can add you to the list, and fill you in on how to make payment for your share of the house.

Itinerary (Please note that the times have now been finalized.)
Friday
4:30 - Attendee Check-In    
4:30-6:00 - Monniker-Maker Social: As everyone arrives & settles in, we will have an area set up for people to decorate their own name tags with markers, glitter, etc., along with drinks and snacks so everyone can get to know one another as more than an avatar.

6:00-8:00 - Dinner Downtown: Everyone carpools into Asheville.  We're taking a group picture with the Asheville Iron Sculpture, before folks disperse to have free time exploring places like the Grove Arcade, or Conundrum Speakeasy (HINT: Password is "Green Fairy") in whatever small groups they desire.  There are plenty of local restaurants with options for all eaters, all within walking distance from the parking garage & points of interest.  (Here is a custom Google Map made specifically for this Meetup.)

8:30-9:30 - Gift Exchange & Visiting Time (Hot tub, fire pit, relaxing with individual craft projects, etc.)

Saturday - Group Crafting Day!
6:00-6:50 - Morning Yoga & Meditation on the deck overlooking the mountains
7:00-8:15 - Breakfast

8:25-9:25: Workshop #1
        Beading w/Mistress Jennie - Downstairs: sheepBlue, craftylittlemonkey's DH, kbrison, underthemountain, PerfectlyBohemian, Clara

Fabric Bead Making w/craftylittlemonkey - Dining Room: geekgirl1000100, anna.wahnsinn, Abbeeroad, curiousfae, rackycoo, LeapFeetFirst, underthemountain's DH

9:35-10:35: Workshop #2
        Beading w/Mistress Jennie - Downstairs: MissingWillow, Abbeeroad, curiousfae, rackycoo, LeapFeetFirst, StudioANF

Fabric Bead Making w/craftylittlemonkey - Dining Room: craftylittlemonkey's DH, kbrison, underthemountain, PerfectlyBohemain, craftADDchick, Clara

10:45-12:15 Workshop #3
        Stumpwork w/sheepBlue - Downstairs: craftylittlemonkey, geekgirl1000100, kbrison, anna.wahnsinn, curiousfae

Needle Felting w/PerfectlyBohemian - Dining Room: Mistress Jennie, craftylittlemonkey's DH, underthemountain, MissingWillow, Abbeeroad, rackycoo, underthemountain's DH, Clara

12:25-1:25 - Lunch!  Pizza, Garlic Bread & Salads

1:35-3:05 - Workshop #4
        Stumpwork w/sheepBlue - Downstairs: MissingWillow, Abbeeroad, PerfectlyBohemian, cackle, kayrun, craftADDchick

Lattice Beaded Bracelets w/anna.wahnsinn - Dining Room: craftylittlemonkey, geekgirl1000100, kbrison, underthemountain, Averia, curiousfae, Clara

Spinning w/LeapFeetFirst - Loft: Mistress Jennie

3:15-4:30 - Workshop #5
        Needle Felting w/PerfectlyBohemian - Dining Room: MistressJennie, sheepBlue, craftylittlemonkey, kbrison, anna.wahnsinn, curiousfae, craftADDchick

Spinning w/LeapFeetFirst - Loft: Abbeeroad, kayrun

4:40-5:55 - Workshop #6
        Spinning w/LeapFeetFirst - Loft: anna.wahnsinn, craftylittlemonkey

Fabric Paper Making w/underthemountain: Donate some of your time to help utm make fabric paper for bookmarks.

Crafty Free Time

Saturday Night: Free Time!  Go tour Asheville's local breweries with Abbeeroad, grab a few friends and try an escape game, work on your own projects with the group, have a tarot card reading with curiousfae, or enjoy more hot tub & fire pit time.  (This is also a good time for crafty activities that aren't official workshops, such as a round-robin of altered book making.)

Sunday
TBD - Morning Yoga & Meditation on the deck overlooking the mountains
8:00-9:00:  Clean out the fridge for breakfast, or explore some of the nearby restaurants for breakfast, like Sky Mountain Pizza, a local favorite close to the Lodge.
10:00: Check Out!

Those who have some time on Sunday might like to visit the Biltmore, the Folk Art Center, the Zoo, etc.

Planned Group Events
-Moniker-Maker Social - As folks arrive at the house, we will have an area set up for people to decorate their own name tags with markers, glitter, etc., along with drinks and snacks so everyone can get to know one another as more than an avatar.
-Craft Exchange - Anyone who wishes to participate should bring a Medium (according to swap rules on size) handmade item, that anyone attending would be pleased to receive.  Basically an in-person version of a craft swap, but without knowing who you are 'sending' to.  There is no limit on craft type.  Folks are welcome to make anything that there's a board for here on Craftster.  A beautiful set of crocheted pot holders, some decadent bath bombs, a lovely dream catcher, etc.  But the goal will be that any Craftster would be pleased to receive it.  This event is completely optional!  If you don't wish to participate, you are not required to do so!  
-Brewery Crawl - Saturday Night our very own Abbeeroad will be leading a brewery crawl through several of Asheville's most famous breweries.  
-Craftster Trading Card Swap
-Supply Swap - Bring any craft supplies or finished crafted items you might not have use for, and let someone else have a go!  Think of this as a 'take a penny/leave a penny', but of craft supplies.  Folks will be able to leave out things they don't need, and take items others might not want anymore.  Smiley
-Tarot Readings with curiousfae
-Recipe Share - Organized by geekgirl1000100

Workshops
sheepBlue teaching stumpwork
PerfectlyBohemian teaching needle felting
Mistress Jennie teaching bracelet/sun catcher making
craftylittlemonkey teaching fabric bead making
anna.wahnsinn teaching lattice style beaded bracelets
LeapFeetFirst teaching spinning

Craft & Art Places to Visit Downtown (This list is in progress and WILL grow.)
Chevron Beads - offers some classes, including private classes for groups
Purl's Yarn Emporium - offers yarn dyeing classes for groups (open till 6:00)
Earth Guild Tools Books & Materials - Craft Supplies
Woolworth Walk - Artists & Makers Gallery & old fashioned soda fountain (open till 7:00)
Grove Arcade - Artist's Market, restaurants, shops, etc (open till 10:00)
River Arts District
Appalachian Craft Center
Horse + Hero Gallery
Biltmore Estate

Misc Places to Visit & Things to Do
Local Brewery Crawl
Haunted Asheville Ghost Tours
Enter the Conundrum - Escape Game & Speakeasy that does wine & beer tastings in the dark
Asheville Museum of Science
Hiking
Yoga

« Last Edit: April 24, 2019 08:29:58 AM by Mistress Jennie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018 03:15:23 PM »

Oh my word I want to come. Ruby falls, woo hoo! I am from southern Ontario, does that count?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PLEASE MESSAGE ME YOUR CONTACT INFO!!!!!!!!

Craftster member 2006-2020 #CraftsterFriendsForver #craftyfriendsforever

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018 04:26:34 PM »

Ooh I'm interested  Cheesy I'm keeping my ears out for this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please consider shopping the ***CRAFT STAR GARAGE SALE*** on ebay to support our crafty future!!
JoyfulClover
Live long and prosper

Peace and long life

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018 04:36:36 PM »

Depending upon who you talk to, Virginia is in the South! (we're a border state and historically was very split)

I am open to a lot, so I'm excited to see where this post goes and super appreciate your pro/con list.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
PerfectlyBohemian
Fiber Arts Moderator

Ooooo... Stickers!

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018 04:53:50 PM »

Oh oh, I'm totally interested! I also one hosting people if anyone has a strong desire to check out Raleigh, NC. Wink I am also open to travel depending on the dates. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
StudioANF
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018 06:43:04 PM »

Ooo! This sounds like tons of fun! I'd be willing to travel, depending on dates of course. I could also help out as tour guide if people were interested in the Raleigh/Durham, NC area. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018 06:25:33 AM »

Although I no longer live in the South, I am a Southerner!  I will be moving back in 2019.

I would be up to traveling for a meet up as long as it was within 3000 miles or so of my current home... Grin.

Raleigh is really nice, but then, so is Nashville...and so many other Southern cities!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018 07:10:23 AM »

I'm so glad to see that there is interest!  I've started a list of suggested cities in the first post, and I'll add Nashville into it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PerfectlyBohemian
Fiber Arts Moderator

Ooooo... Stickers!

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018 07:24:29 AM »

As far as places I would like to visit without a host - Savannah, GA, is on my bucket list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PerfectlyBohemian
Fiber Arts Moderator

Ooooo... Stickers!

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018 07:26:15 AM »

Also, Orlando. Yes, I grew up in FL and went to Disney and Universal a bajillion times, but I wanna go back and do it again. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 123 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...