A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,886
Currently Running With Scissors:
290 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rainbow Swap Gallery  (Read 5547 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2018 05:10:24 AM »

Mellius01, I am SO GLAD you ran out the house to send me the other Tree of Life patch!  Cheesy  Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2018 05:11:16 AM »

Mellius03, I'm surprised the yarn is Red Heart!  It doesn't feel scratchy at all, like Red Heart usually does.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2018 05:54:08 AM »

OMG Ive been pinned!  Kiss You know, I totally could have stitched rainbows forever. It was my favorite thing to do over the last month in the grey, rainy PNW. I have another rainbow idea in the works. This swap really got my crafty mojo going
I have to share a group shot, because I was unable to send one thing that I thought was so darn pretty.
Growing up, we would go to the ocean and visit a candy store. Everyone else got salt water taffy. Im not really a fan, but they also had jelly bellies all separated out by color and flavor and I would always pick out my favorites and have a rainbow bag of jelly bellies. I wanted to do something simular for Kansas, so I bought separate bags and layered them in a glass jar. It was so pretty. When I went to the post office, I dropped the jar and the lid broke and the whole floor was covered in rainbow jelly bellies! It was mighty embarrassing but the floor looked so pretty! Im really bummed I didnt get get to send it though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2018 05:58:17 AM »

The rainbow jellies all over the floor made me laugh...and cry...what a great idea!  Seeing all of the rainbow items really did cheer me up...

Some pretty awesome stitching and ideas...I really love the rainbow batiks...and I am going to look into that Red Heart yarn...I am usually not a fan either, but I know they have improved and the colors are just gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
dharma_rebel

put a bird on it

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2018 06:11:31 AM »

I managed not to cry until I got home (and now I can laugh about it), but I'm really surprised I didn't cry there. I usually really like the post man, but he told me he didn't have time to get me a broom!!?! And that I should just pick them up!!! I had about half of them picked up when this super nice woman came in and grabbed a flat rate box and swept them all into a corner and told me that if they couldn't get me a broom they could come sweep them up later.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mellius01
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2018 12:24:50 PM »

I've been in the TM patch swaps, and I even got a few TM patches in the ATC swaps, so I will be thrilled to show all of Craftster what we can make collectively!  Cheesy

That's what's great about swapping, you can collect so many great items like the TM patches and put them all together. It always amazes me the things people come up with.

mellius- I, like everyone else, love the ladybug patch, and the way the edging fabric matches it!

Thanks so much. I bought the cloth long before I decided on the ladybugs but I knew it would go great with the design. I'm very happy with how it turned out. The TM patches, nor sewing in general, are my forte.

Mellius01, I am SO GLAD you ran out the house to send me the other Tree of Life patch!  Cheesy  Thank you!

Oh, I had to send it, I made it just for you! I just hate that I'm so scatterbrained sometimes. I can literally lay something down next to me and not be able to find it five seconds later. lol

Mellius01, I'm surprised the yarn is Red Heart!  It doesn't feel scratchy at all, like Red Heart usually does.

That's one of the reasons I bought it, I liked the feel, very unusual for Red Heart. The lot seems to be "Blacklight". I've only begun seeing it in the stores here recently. I don't know if it's new.

When I went to the post office, I dropped the jar and the lid broke and the whole floor was covered in rainbow jelly bellies!

How disappointing, dharma_rebel. There's nothing worse than losing a gift at the last moment like that. How rude of the PO workers to treat you like that.

Oh, wow! I didn't realize that other pic with the beautiful colored cloth was a pillow. That turned out great with the different colors. Good job! Everything you made is beautiful.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandykaye
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2018 02:37:46 PM »

Wow! So many great rainbow-y goodies!!!! I love all the bright colors and different thins that are popping up in this gallery!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn
You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more. I shall have to throw out a wing soon. (J.K.Jerome)

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2018 01:39:20 AM »

So many pretty rainbows! And I now have my own goodies to add:

Bugaboo1 made exactly what I wanted, and that is cozy cotton socks! She also kept them on my favourite end of the rainbow (the one with all the purple!) And a happy rainbow of Skittles for my girls, who are always happy when a Craftster package contains something for them, too.

(Can't open the candy bag yet because then there won't be anything left to share)

Happy feet!

The purple yarn was hand dyed especially for my socks, and they are so comfortable and such a lovely fit! Steph, you'll have to help me out with the technical terms: The purple plain knit part fits like a yoga sock and stays where it's supposed to be, and the ribbed parts give me just the right amount of wriggle room (I hate socks that are too tight or too short). So this pattern is already perfect for me. And what makes these socks even more perfect is the entrelac part! Ever since I saw that I've wanted something with those pretty little squares, and now I have my entrelac socks!

Steph, thanks so much! And just in case I didn't make myself clear, I love those socks and will wear them forever! (In sock terms, that is.)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018 01:50:46 AM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2018 05:41:51 AM »

Those socks are just so incredible!  The color really is wonderful, but the entrelac really shows some skills! The pattern is interesting and must have been challenging to do!

wow...what a fantastic thing to get is a swap!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018 05:42:46 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
dharma_rebel

put a bird on it

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2018 06:18:23 AM »

Oh, wow!  Shocked Those socks are gorgeous!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...