A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,893
Currently Running With Scissors:
261 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rainbow Swap Gallery  (Read 5558 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
gala_apples
« on: March 07, 2018 04:50:13 PM »

sent
recieved
sent and recieved
sending late with communication

gala_apples - mandykaye
ladybugsandbumblebees - mellius01
kansas96 - dharma_rebel
anna.wahnsinn(3.19) - bugaboo1
curiousfae - monkey_girl(3.19)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018 04:35:57 PM by gala_apples » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
Mellius01
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018 08:33:07 PM »

Yay! I'm the first to receive!

I got a wonderful package from LadybugsAndBumblebees today and I'm excited to share it. There are many pictures so be prepared.

First thing, I open the box and I'm greeted by this:

Everything was wrapped so neatly and so colorfully.

I asked for a ton of different things and she tried to do them all. A dishtowel, for example, with a lovely crocheted hanger:

Dishcloths:

Coasters:

I love the beading on the edges.

A colorful spring scarf (this one had the beaded edges too, very pretty!):

Some awesome handmade rainbow colored stationery with a stripey book mark:

I love the texture of the paper.

And then as if all that rainbowy goodness wasn't enough... Extras!

Notecards, rainbow stickers, tangerine lip balm, and sticky notes.

Thanks for your generosity and thoughtfulness, LadybugsAndBumblebees, you make me feel like spring is finally here!

« Last Edit: March 12, 2018 08:36:45 PM by Mellius01 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
gala_apples
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018 09:06:03 PM »

I love the gradient of the scarf, very nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018 06:19:49 AM »

Just seeing the bright rainbow goodies makes me feel happy that spring is nearly here (despite our three inch snowfall last night!)...Grin

Love the scarf and the hanging dishtowel...LBABB finds the coolest things as well...tangerine lip balm?  yum!

Nice start to the gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018 12:14:23 PM »

All of the crochet stuff is awesome as usual (no surprise there, LB&BB) but the marbled stationary is super cool looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn
You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more. I shall have to throw out a wing soon. (J.K.Jerome)

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018 11:25:38 AM »

Wow, what an awesome (and huge!) first rainbow package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mellius01
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018 11:30:52 AM »

LadybugsAndBumblebees received yesterday. She was unable to post pics so I'm posting what I sent.

A knitted dishcloth and coffee sleeve:

A crocheted rainbow scarf:

A couple of TM patches, ladybugs:

And a tree of life:

And a few extras:

A cut of cloth, some novelty buttons, and scissors.

This swap was so much fun to craft for and my partner was awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018 11:44:29 AM »

They yarn for the dishcloth is beautiful. And I love those cross stitched ladybugs!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018 12:46:45 PM »

The lady bug cross stitch is absolutely beautiful!

Love how you made it rainbow...the fabric you used to turn it into a TM patch is perfect...wow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018 01:15:08 PM »

Let me offer my "commentary" on the items the lovely and talented Mellius01 sent me!

-The dishcloth is large and knitted in a way that makes it not stiff, like a lot of yarn dishcloths are.  I love it!

-A cup cozy which will come in handy for all the hot and cold drinks I'm always getting from Dunkin Donuts!

-The scarf, which is such an unusual grouping of rainbow colors...not your typical red, orange, yellow, etc...!  Mellius01, what kind of yarn did you use to make it with?  It feels different than "regular" yarn and I'm intrigued!  And no worries about my not being able to wear it till next winter...I mostly wear scarves as a fashion accessory, so I'll be wearing this well into spring.  Cheesy

-The rainbow fabric, some of which has already been cut into to make a Teesha Moore patch with!   Grin

-Package of dragonfly and snail buttons which are so much fun and will be used on some of the patches I'm making!

-Package of really nifty looking tye-dyed buttons which I will use for myself, and also for two Craftster friends that I am making something for as a little "pick me up"!  They will adore them too!

-A PAIR OF SCISSORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have a 14 yo DD.  She is a lovely girl but once she uses something, it disappears into the black hole of nothingness.  Scissors have been an issue between us for about a year now.  I've taken to hiding them, literally.  So I can always use new scissors.   Roll Eyes

-I must mention that I was so pleased when I opened the box the items came in and saw that she had re-used the wrapping paper I sent her items in!  Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

!!!!!!!!!*********I saved the ladybug embroidery for last b/c that was the last item I had opened from the package.  When I was opening up all the other items, I was "ooohhhing" and "ahhhiinnngg" over all them, progressively getting louder till I opened up the ENORMOUS ladybug Teesha Moore patch!  Mellius01 had asked me at the beginning of the swap, what item out of all that I had listed did I want the most.  I told her TM patches.  I was wondering why I hadn't unwrapped any yet, till I got to the ladybug one.  Then my jaw dropped to the floor and I squeed at the same time! (Yes, that is possible!  Grin)  CAN YOU BELIEVE HOW GORGEOUS THAT PATCH IS?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**********************

Then, after I PMed Mellius01 to let her know I received, she told me that there was one more patch in the mail coming to me.  I thought to myself:  "Why?" because what she had sent was most definitely enough!

In the mail today came the other patch!  THE TREE OF LIFE TEESHA MOORE PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I experienced a jaw dropping/squee-ing situation again!   Grin

I am truly amazed at your talent and generosity, Mellius01!  THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones
Ode To Coffee
Meal Prep Monday: Chicken Pot Pie

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...