A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 314,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
273 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: [RESOLVED] Can't update profile picture?  (Read 576 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 05, 2018 08:30:18 AM »

I have been trying to update my profile picture (hubby drew me monthly themed pics for Christmas!) and when I do try I get this error message:

I've tried with a few different images, this is the one I'm trying right now:

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018 11:48:45 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018 08:54:13 AM »

Yes, it's giving us fits! Cry  I have IT working to repair it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
Patraw

Jkl/z.?UCIO[;Tvadd!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018 10:34:38 AM »

Yeah, it's not working correctly right now, but, I probably change my Craftster avatar more than anybody, so, I knows what to do. Cheesy

If you upload the avatar you want to use to your Craftster photo hosting and use that address link in your profile (remove the opening/closing IMG tags and their brackets first though), your new avatar will work (it did for me, both my current Lamia "hug" one and my previous flickering candle animated gif).  I always manually resize my avatar pics to 128x128 pixels, so, I don't know if that's necessary or not, but it probably isn't.  I tried uploading my most recent avatar images directly from my desktop, and that didn't work, and I also tried using a link from my DropBox cloud storage and that didn't work either, despite the image link working fine outside of Craftster, but the Craftster photo hosting does work.

EDIT:  I just did it, here's the address if you want to use it:

https://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/334791_05Mar18_avatar.jpg
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018 10:42:30 AM by Patraw » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smeddley

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018 12:11:33 PM »

Thanks, I tried that and it doesn't work for me - now I'm just picture-less.  Sad

Though it's really creepy seeing my very personal picture as your avatar!  It's like... "oh wait no, that's not me..."  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018 12:23:22 PM »

I followed your instructions Patraw and it worked for me though it is distorted and I'm not sure how to fix it. Funny because I copied the exact image from my profile on here before the last time I changed it so it should be the right dimensions. Oh well, whatever. I will fix it later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I AM IN NEED OF GIRAFFE ITEMS!
70 giraffe gifts for mom's 70th this December, party decorations too. Please message me if you can help, thanks Smiley.

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018 05:52:58 PM »

Thanks, I tried that and it doesn't work for me - now I'm just picture-less.  Sad

Though it's really creepy seeing my very personal picture as your avatar!  It's like... "oh wait no, that's not me..."  Shocked

I just did it for you from my end, so you aren't pictureless.   That workaround doesn't always work, so it wasn't that you didn't do it wrong.  It just happened to work the second time I tried it on yours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018 05:55:54 PM »

Awww, thank you so much! I feel better now! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Patraw

Jkl/z.?UCIO[;Tvadd!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018 07:28:53 AM »

@Smeddley:  Hmm, not sure why it didn't work for you.  I just added a new avatar for myself again and had zero problems using the methodology I described.  Well, Sweets4ever fixed everything up for you anyway, so, it's all good.

@craftylittlemonkey:  Not sure why yours got distorted either, but I'm glad it worked for you.  Like I said, I always resize my avatars to 128x128 pixels, as I believe that's the maximum resolution for this forum's avatars.  If the width/height of your image weren't the same, I'm guessing that Craftster automatically resized the image resulting in the slight distortion, but I could be wrong.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018 07:52:09 AM »

Yeah, 128x128 is the best fit.  If mine is a different ratio, I'll add margins to it before uploading it.  I love your current avatar, Patraw!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Easy No-Sew Halloween Bunting
Witch, Please!
Meatless Monday: Buttercup Cream Cake

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...