A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 314,121
Currently Running With Scissors:
186 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Miniature bell jar scenes  (Read 412 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 13, 2018 08:00:29 AM »

Last year I joined the I <3 Valentine's swap and had the lovely edelC as my partner. I started a project for her but decided to switch to something else before I'd completed it. I thought I would keep the other little thing for my own trinket shelf but every time I looked at it with the intention of working on it, it very plainly said to me "No, I am not for you." until I finally figured I had better finish it and send it to Edel, the person it has belonged with all along.

The girl is black shrink plastic, I found images of silhouettes online and copied the one I liked best. Her balloon is shaped from very fine wire, the balloon itself is nail polish. Set inside a mini bell jar, I think Tim Holtz, with some miniature scene fake grass, both from Michael's. I got the man to take the kids to the beach and fetch back some beach sand which is what the path she is standing on is made of, a little piece of Hamilton Ontario lives in Ireland now Smiley.

LadybugsAndBumblebees and I did a personal swap recently and I sent her a little something for the members of her family. She said her son was difficult to make gifts for but she had something similar to this in her pinterest for him.

It's air dry clay painted with acrylics, the grass is the same sort used for mini scenes, the bell jar also from Tim Holtz.

It was difficult to get a good photo of something so tiny but I really liked the results and was happy with how it turned out. I hope he will enjoy it too.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018 05:51:02 AM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
steiconi
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018 09:47:02 AM »

Cool!
I love minis, am fascinated by stuff in bell jars, and adore silhouettes.  Trifecta!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." - Scott Adams
my website  http://wingsnthings.tripod.com/
my ebay  https://tinyurl.com/steiconi
TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018 02:49:24 PM »

HOT DANG! These look so great and then when I realized just how wee they are... [dead].
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy: http://suddenlytaxidermy.blogspot.com/
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/themistresst
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleOffPlumb

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 37
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018 05:50:17 AM »

Trifecta!

LOL! Awesome word!

The little jars are wee but they came in a package of 4 and those are the larger size. For comparison you can see the smaller ones (filled with sparkly eyeballs & teensy gnomes) here and here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
blupaisan

I work for Cats.

sumsumsummertime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018 07:08:39 AM »

the grand success of yours is gonna  inspire me to try this.
they are wonderful!!!
the one you sent to lbbb is awesome
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are the Redcoats. And they are ours! Or tonight Becky Thatcher sleeps a widow!
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018 10:00:39 AM »

I can see you totally rocking the tiny cloche creations blu, do it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Cool Pupcicles for Hot Dogs
Tute Tuesday: Flower Crown
Tiny House

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...