A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
NOVEMBER NEWS: Did you vote for the best DIY costume yet?
Total Members: 314,818
Currently Running With Scissors:
264 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HELP !!! Wedding Invite  (Read 510 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

yorkshiretyke
« on: February 11, 2018 08:36:16 AM »

Could someone help me !!! My son is getting married in 2019 & would like me to make the invitations, no problem, but he would like a Floral, Lacy, Embossed corner to them. I have a Scan n Cut & cannot seem to get it right. The invites will be 6 x 4 with the design on the top left & bottom right with a space of 3" in the middle for writing. Is there a Tattered Lace die cut I could purchase & utilise or some design from a company that I could use. I have been tearing my hair out over this as well as giving myself a terrible headache, if someone out there could help I would be grateful. Thanks in advance   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018 10:20:14 AM »

Do you mean literally Tattered Lace as in the company?  Because they have gorgeous corner dies that can be quite lacy, and detailed.  They are gorgeous, and I love them, but they can be pricey, especially being a UK company and importing into North America.  But if this is going to be a high use item like for a series of invites, it would be worthwhile.  You likely may need a shim or detail mat to get a nice detailed cut with a die cutting machine

Just go to their site and do a search for corner dies.  If you are not in the UK, then there are several companies that import their dies.  If you are in NA, let me know, I have ordered from one or two that carry their goods.

https://www.tatteredlace.co.uk/?s=corner+die

Otherwise, lots of other die companies that put out detailed corner dies.  These are American ones

Memory Box is one - not lacy, but often floral or nature themed - seasonal themes too, so if it is a winter wedding, they have some nice snow corner dies.  The cool thing is that they have some corner dies that do both cutting and embossing.  I think they also make the Poppy Stamps brand too - which may be under a different url.

http://www.memoryboxco.com/Corners_c_27.html

http://www.poppystamps.com/Corners_c_25.html

Spellbinders does a variety of corner dies - floral themed, some flourishes, not as lacy as Tattered Lace - again, just search corner dies

https://www.spellbinderspaperarts.com/

Impression Obsession does a few corner dies - more simple, floral/flourishes, but they make nice quality stuff, and can have matching stamps so you can add some coordinating heat embossing or stamping if you find a matching set.  For that matter, you may find that for Memory Box also

http://www.iostamps.com/

Or just try a general craft company like

Simon Says Stamp

Scrapbook.com

Frantic Stamper

These are three that I have used that carry a good supply of dies - there are others also I am sure, but with a quick look, these guys do carry a variety of corner dies.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018 10:25:15 AM »

Wow, look at that answer. You just gotta know who to ask Wink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
yorkshiretyke
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018 10:10:50 AM »

Thanks for the quick reply, will see if I can use them. I live in UK so there will be no problem getting them I will also look into the other ones. Thanks again for your help much appreciated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018 10:28:01 AM »

Oooh, those Tattered Lace ones are beautiful!

Would love to see your finished creation when you have them done, yorkshiretyke!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018 07:15:21 PM »

Oh yes - if you live in the UK - get the Tattered Lace - the detail is amazing and they have so many options!  I just wish they were not so expensive for us in NA!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Jewelry Art
November 14, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cupcake Bath Bombs

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...