A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 314,206
Currently Running With Scissors:
130 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Keep Me Warm Swap Round 3 Gallery  (Read 3185 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2018 07:51:00 AM »

All of the items in this gallery certainly have added to the warm feelings!

Love the hooded scarf...i would just wrap myself in it and be so snuggly...

I love the three part scarf...the colors are just my style...Kansas96...do you have a pattern link for it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
StudioANF

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2018 08:26:18 AM »

Yay, I'm so glad you like everything Dharma!!!  I had fun crafting for you Smiley

That mug is hilarious and the scarf is so pretty Momo! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geekgirl1000100

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2018 10:11:08 AM »

I am posting pics of the items I sent LadybugsandBumblebees - she's having technical difficulties Smiley
These are a combination of her pics and my pics.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2018 02:15:09 PM »

That scarf is gorgeous!  And, the mug rug!!  Do I notice some of the same fabric that you used for my wonderful bag in another swap?  All of the fabrics are beautiful...but the gecko makes it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
geekgirl1000100

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2018 02:30:37 PM »

Yes!  I haven't quite learned how to only buy the fabric I need so I had quite a bit extra and I love the colors.

That scarf is gorgeous!  And, the mug rug!!  Do I notice some of the same fabric that you used for my wonderful bag in another swap?  All of the fabrics are beautiful...but the gecko makes it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChameleonHound

Odds 'n ends are my specialty.

Beware the Platypirates and their tri-corner hats.

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2018 02:56:40 PM »

Check out this wonderful package I got from Calixita!

Firstly, the mittens she crafted, and boy are they WARM. Perfect for this blizzard we're having.

Then she showed off her fiber artistry with this amazing tea pot cozy. Look how adorable it is! Little crocheted mushrooms, embroidered greenery, flowers from crocheted embroidery floss and that beautiful butterfly!

Then there was this tea from a shop in Harvard Square, along with some fruit teas and Taza hot chocolate discs that I'm VERY excited to try. Also some Speculoos cookies that I *might* share with my boyfriend. Wink

She also spoiled me with this book and absolutely gorgeous bookmark for my collection, as well as some sticky notes that say "never say never - say no way in hell".  Grin

Even the box was cute with birds!

I love it all, and I can't wait to taste the tasty things and have the cosiest fingers and tea. Thank you Calixita!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018 02:59:35 PM by ChameleonHound » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever happened to the ongoing hoopla swaps?
LadybugsAndBumblebees

I'm so squishy!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2018 10:22:56 AM »

Whoo-hoo, my computer is actually working right now so I'm going to take full advantage of the fact to comment on the items that geekgirl sent me!

I've been having a difficult time IRL and with my computer, and geekgirl was EXTREMELY patient with me in trying to figure out how we were going to get the photos posted.  Thank you, geekgirl!

Without further ado, here is my commentary  Wink  :

-The scarf that she sent was EXACTLY like what I had on my pinterest!  Color for color, stitch for stitch!  And I can do the simple version of that stitch so I know how hard she must've worked on the more intricate stitch for this scarf.  And it's SO SOFT!!!!!

-DO YOU SEE THAT TURQUOISE MUG RUG WITH THE GECKO ON IT?Huh!!!! Do ya?  Do ya?  Cheesy  It combines THREE of my favorite things into one item:  turquoise, geckos, mugrugs!  I have it on my livingroom table as a decoration, it's a bit larger than a mug rug, so it works well there.

-She sent not one, not two, but THREE hot drinks!  TAZO I have never tried, but I'm excited to!  She looked hard for the type of Swiss Miss that I asked for and came thru, and she got the EXACT same brand/type of tea that I buy for myself and I was getting low on.  YEA!

-THREE CROCHET DISHCLOTHS!  I want to let geekgirl know, I especially like these!  Not only are the colors and stitches beautiful, but the fact that they are bigger and the stitches not so tight-it makes them more usuable, IMHO.  They've already been used twice since I received them!

-GELLI PRINT, LADYBUG THEMED thank you cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Another item where she combined three of my likes into one!  The two mentioned in the last sentence, and also that I love stationery.  I use these to include in my orders, and ladybugs matches my shop's name!

-The card she included is so pretty!  If there is not any writing on the inside front of a card, I save it to use again, as I did with this one.  The mug is a gift from someone else, but I used it to show what was in the bag in front of it.  IT'S A TEENY WEENY LITTLE ITTY BITTY SNAIL TEA BAG HOLDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Does it get any cuter than this?  I think not!  And there are so many in there that I am going to save some and give some to my son who is a tea drinker too.

-Last but CERTAINLY not least-a BIG, SOFT skein of (one of my) new favorite yarns!  In RAINBOW!  No more explanation needed.  It's just perfect.   Grin

Thank you so much, geekgirl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kansas96
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2018 07:31:02 PM »

All of the items in this gallery certainly have added to the warm feelings!

Love the hooded scarf...i would just wrap myself in it and be so snuggly...

I love the three part scarf...the colors are just my style...Kansas96...do you have a pattern link for it?

It was actually just the yarn we had on hand, it ombred from light grey to black. It was bought at Michael's I believe
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fatewineroses

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2018 10:13:34 AM »

Bugaboo has been patient with me and my inability to get to my post office box. Which usually isn't too much of an issue. My Post Office has overflow lockers that (usually) they put my stuff in. But the last TWO times, they have put awful slips of paper telling me that they were holding my goodies HOSTAGE and I must pick them up by standing in LINE.  Angry I like my post office peeps; but this was aggravating, since It's almost impossible for me to get there during the week. So. Many thanks to Bugaboo for being patient AND sending me a fantastic package!

Prepare for the spoilage!

The first thing I noticed was the box. It was from one of my favorite tea places. Did she steal one of my boxes I wondered? How did she do that? I received my stuff (which was held hostage by the post office) well before I sent my package. So I was completely baffled.

Then I opened it up and pulled and saw green. I pulled out these fingerless mitts first...and immediately put them on! The yarn is super soft and looks like a leprechaun knit them! A lot of green and a small bit of gleaming gold woven through the yarn.

See the gold?

In the same bag was this light and airy scarf. It has beautiful drape. Just gorgeous.

Next up there was a Tardis for my coffee cup! Which is awesome, cause...Tardis! Duh.

And finally...she knitted a cup. Yep. You read that right. She found this slick little mug that you can open up and slide something inside. So she knit me a mug. Which is just...mind blown.  Grin And finally, she got me not one, not two but THREE bags of one of my current favorite teas! It's Earl Grey Bella Luna and can only be purchased on the day of the full moon. I probably drink at least a cup or two a day of the stuff, so it goes fast!

Thank you so much Bugaboo! I loved everything very much and appreciate the extra spoilage!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2018 10:53:58 AM »

I hate my post office, too!  They did renovations and expected people to drive to a tiny po more than 20 minutes away!!  It was a rough time swapping for me during that period...no good time to go since it was always packed and closed early and opened late...no prior planning...ugh...anyway...

worth the wait...those mitts and scarf are gorgeous and so springy!!  What a cute idea for a mug!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric Paper
Craftster Rocks!
Meatless Monday: Strawberry Basil Muffins

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...