A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 314,798
Currently Running With Scissors:
136 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Silverware Pouch  (Read 744 times)
Tags for this thread: table_setting , 4th_of_july , patriotic , paperbag , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

hillcitybride
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« on: February 05, 2018 01:28:19 PM »

Whether you are hosting a party or cookout or want to spice up a regular dinner at home, these pouches are adorable!

Supplies:

Paper bag without a gusset at the bottom
Two small white bags
Fun napkin that is slightly larger than the bag
Set of plastic silverware (knife, fork, spoon)
Cute paper straw
Small decorative clothespin
Twine
Marker
Scissors
Hole punch (optional)
Salt and pepper

Start by taking your napkin so that the point will stick up out of the bag, and fold the ends in so that the napkin is slightly smaller than the width of the bag (below left). Then slide the napkin into the bag so that it sticks out slightly (below right).

Take your two smaller bags, and write salt on one and pepper on the other (below left). These are SO ADORABLE. Fill the pouches with a 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. THEN fold the top edge of the bags down so that one is longer than the other so that you can see the writing on both (below right).

Slide the back fold of the salt and pepper pouches over the edge of the envelope (below left), and use the clothespin to clip the salt and pepper bags to the larger bag (below right). Its starting to take shape!

Slide in your straw and disposable cutlery, and find a height that works for you (below left) for everything to peek out of the bag. Then fold (below right) the bottom of the bag towards the back to keep the silverware, straw and napkin peeking out of the envelope at just the right height. Almost done!

This step is optional, but I think it adds an element of cuteness. Cut a piece of twine long enough to go around the entire envelope horizontally while having enough room to tie a bow (below left). Then actually wrap the paper bag with the twine, tie your bow and secure the twine underneath the clothespin (below right).

You can set one at each place setting, or stand them up in a cute container for your guests to grab along the way as they get their food.

Our tropical themed one includes a spork, which is cute and functional, a polka dot straw and a solid napkin. The basic difference with this one is that instead of using a clothespin, I used the hole punch to punch holes into the little salt and pepper bags (and just used S and P) and tied it to the bag with twine. Super cute as a second DIY silverware pouch option!

And thats it easy, budget friendly and cute. These are a simple project that will offer a high impact at your next event! Click here for another easy, fun DIY idea.

Want to see more along with a video? Head to my website here http://www.hillcitybride.com/2017/06/diy-silverware-pouch/#
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Reel Crafty Girl
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018 05:34:20 PM »

I LOVE these pouches!! So cute!

Our County Fair has a table setting competition each year which I enter, I am tucking this idea away for a future table!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shelly
Scrapping, sewing, crafting, fishing, dogs, cats and turtles - it's all here
http://reelgirlsanimalhouse.blogspot.com/
pottermouth
Crochet Moderator
Vintage Crafts Moderator

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018 07:04:52 PM »

That's fantastic and also very elegant. Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hillcitybride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018 07:13:06 AM »

Thank you so much!! Smiley <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Where is my Cosmo?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018 01:46:52 PM »

Congrats! This has been chosen as a Featured Project! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Cupcake Bath Bombs
Rainy Days
Meatless Monday: Semlor aka Swedish Cream Buns

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...