A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,632
Currently Running With Scissors:
155 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Positive Affirmations Swap: Send-outs extended to Mon Feb 12 '18  (Read 12847 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
cabaute
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Fickle Crafter Extraordinaire

A loving heart is the truest wisdom. -Dickens

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: February 08, 2018 03:19:37 PM »

I'm glad it's been uplifting for people, I have loved it too Smiley.
More than 2 have contacted me about sending after the weekend so I'll extend send outs to Monday. Hopefully that's enough time and takes off some of the pressure, this should be a stress-free fun time for all Smiley.

I'm so happy to see this - I have one item pretty much done and I had mostly finished the other before I left town but then discovered that I'd made a dire mistake and would have to completely redo a huge part of it.  It is quite a relief not to have to try to cram everything into tonight in order to send by tomorrow; even though these are 'small' I tend to just work slowly (and I really want to run by a shop to see if they have something to incorporate into how one of them is displayed, which I haven't had the chance to do yet) so this extension is super helpful.  I did take my personal item on my trip and managed to get that finished so I will update the gallery with that.  Thanks for the extension!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/cabaute/
Yay!  I had a featured project! Faux Taxidermy introducing Sheldon, the Shoebill Crane
I love personal swaps!
WiccadWitch
« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2018 03:54:55 PM »

I too appreciate the extension. Had some things come up so I'm a little behind where I had hoped to be by now. The breathing room is very much appreciated  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PerfectlyBohemian
Fiber Arts Moderator

Ooooo... Stickers!

« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2018 04:36:17 PM »

I just finished up my craft for CLM tonight Smiley Mine is half done, so I'm switching to my dotee swap project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
jenleahlynn
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2018 05:40:13 PM »

The extension takes the pressure off so I can finish things up the way I want to. I also recieved from Rangerbeth today!
will take pictures of my wicked package tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

pinterest.com/jenleahlynn
Sarasmile

Arts and Crafts Ninja

« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2018 05:38:12 PM »

So glad to have a little extra time to put on some finishing touches I didn't think I'd have time for! I am hoping to get it out tomorrow, but if not, Monday for sure!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #155 on: February 10, 2018 07:00:39 PM »

Oh my goodness, I am so stuck with making something for myself. Seriously, what is my problem? Am I hung up on it being a grand fantastic gigantic effort or something like that? Urgh! I am going to get out some paints and make myself a simple little ATC just to get it out of the way. My perfectionism and over-the-toppery are gumming up my jam, man. I need an intervention! LOL.

How is everybody doing, do you think you'll be ready to send by Monday? How about the thing for you, are you stuck like me or have you got something planned/in the works?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #156 on: February 10, 2018 07:45:29 PM »

I might have the opposite problem? I didn't have any plans for my own thing, and then I realized that I had already been working on something that exactly fit the bill. The thing is it might be too large for this swap at this point? It's an embroidery, and I've spent quite a few hours on it. I just don't want my partners to feel cheated that I made this larger-scale thing for myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WiccadWitch
« Reply #157 on: February 11, 2018 10:48:31 AM »

Thinking/hoping I'll be ready Monday, had to start over several times and didn't get a chance to work on them yesterday Angry (waiting on drying right now, so taking a break).

I had started a 4 X 6 thing some time ago that I intended for an affirmation, so I may just finish that (if that's allowed) otherwise, yeah, an ATC or simple /plain 4 X 6 it will be  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #158 on: February 11, 2018 10:59:00 AM »

I think whatever size the thing is that you make for yourself is fine, the entire point was to set aside time to give to ourselves after all. Sometimes that's only a few minutes, sometimes it's a longer time. So long as we pay attention to our needs too now and then, be encouraging to ourselves, be a kind friend, that's all good.

I started stitching something for myself last night and since I've finished off all my other swap obligations I can actually focus on it for the rest of today. I hope to have a photo to post tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018 10:59:47 AM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #159 on: February 11, 2018 11:38:38 AM »

Doing a little calculating...

Participants = 20
Parcels in this swap = 38
Parcels sent = 21
Parcel still to be sent = 17
Items people have made for themselves = 4

That's amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Sausage and Veggie Foil Pouch
@Home This Weekend: Doily Display
July 17, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...