A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 315,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
220 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gingerbread Bakery Dollhouse (Pic heavy)  (Read 1655 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_challenge_122_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

ShiningStar
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018 03:19:19 AM »

I love this Cool!!!  Your gingerbread house is so creative and detailed.  I'm hoping you can relax now that the holidays are over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are  --John Wooden
lindyv321
Cooking Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018 06:08:20 PM »

This is gorgeous
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheArtsyRaven

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018 07:31:55 PM »

Thanks to everyone for the lovely comments.

It did take a long time to put it together, and creating all those details, but it was also rewarding. Not only was it calming, but I also learned a few things that will make my next giant gingerbread house slightly easier to create.

And to answer craftylittlemonkey's question, that lattice work was inspired by a youtube video I saw years ago, this man was making a wedding cake with this kind of detail, it was amazing to watch (sadly I haven't managed to find the video as I can't remember what it was called). The trick is to add more powdered sugar to the royal icing until it is hard enough so it can form a long thread without breaking, but not so dry it won't stick to itself, then it's just a matter of slowly piping it in thin air before attaching it to the curve above.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ShiningStar
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018 01:47:47 AM »

For future refrence when you find something you want to remember from You Tube make sure you are signed in. Later when you have a chance sign back in and click History on the You Tube page.  You will than find a list of videos that you have long since forgot about.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018 01:49:52 AM by ShiningStar » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are  --John Wooden
LimeRiot
Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2018 04:59:52 PM »

What a brilliant idea!! The little cakes and breads are fantastic...and the scooter, of course! It's hard to believe this is edible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheArtsyRaven

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2018 01:50:41 AM »

ShiningStar that is smart, and I do make sure I'm logged in, the problem is  that I think it's been 4+ years since I saw that video, and I watch a lot of videos on youtube. usually now whenever I find something I find interesting I add it to one of multiple hidden playlists so I can find it later without looking through my neverending history list, which contains both stuff I do like and stuff I don't like (and let's not forget all the stuff my son watches whenever he's using my computer)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018 08:22:16 AM »

Holy snap!  This is crazy-mazing!!!  I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Welcome Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Washer Necklace
Can't Fool Mother Nature

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...