A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 321,159
Currently Running With Scissors:
228 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2018 Ongoing ATC Swap Discussion Thread  (Read 7556 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm so squishy!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2018 09:14:38 AM »

You just made me suck my breath in and then go:  "Ohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! 

I used to read that book to my preschooler classes every year, all the time!  It's an amazing book, isn't it??!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patraw

Sparklers aren't toothpaste!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2018 02:16:38 PM »

Aye, that book is pretty amazing, and there are like 3-4 other books of the artist's creations available too!

NEVER put your ATCs between two copies of Entertainment Weekly, sandwiched between dozens of heavy hardcover books, to dry.  My cards stuck to the magazine and the colors from the Maybelline ad transferred to the front of my cards when I peeled them off (i.e., the white marks on the woman's chin and eye).  Fortunately, I was able to color/paint over those marks and salvage my three ATCs.  Then, because I studiously ignore all lessons that life tries to teach me, I dried the re-sealed cards again, this time between two lined sheets of notebook paper, and, you guessed it, the red/blue lines transferred onto my cards too and I had to fix them again.  In the past, I've always put blank white paper (to absorb moisture from the drying glue) around my cards before placing them between the books, and never had any problems, so, were I a wise person, I would have just continued to do that and saved myself a lot of work and grief, but, I am not a wise man.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blupaisan

I work for Cats.

sumsumsummertime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2018 02:20:27 PM »

I used to have a great stash of ready^cut cards. No more.
I do, once in awhile, need to make an ATC just for sanity sake so I check the current board and make one for someone , then hope I claim them before the month is up
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are the Redcoats. And they are ours! Or tonight Becky Thatcher sleeps a widow!
rockingbearranch

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2018 02:45:54 PM »

I have a stash of extra cards.

I press my cards with white paper towel. It scratches off pretty easily if you get some stuck. That is not an artistically correct thing to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Patraw

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2018 02:48:39 PM »

I've never tried white paper towels, but that does sound like a great idea; probably a heck of a lot more absorbent than regular paper too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
geekgirl1000100

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2018 03:02:11 PM »

I've learned this lesson the hard way more than once too.  Now I used waxed paper to cover my work before I lay something on it to flatten it.

NEVER put your ATCs between two copies of Entertainment Weekly, sandwiched between dozens of heavy hardcover books, to dry.  My cards stuck to the magazine and the colors from the Maybelline ad transferred to the front of my cards when I peeled them off (i.e., the white marks on the woman's chin and eye).  Fortunately, I was able to color/paint over those marks and salvage my three ATCs.  Then, because I studiously ignore all lessons that life tries to teach me, I dried the re-sealed cards again, this time between two lined sheets of notebook paper, and, you guessed it, the red/blue lines transferred onto my cards too and I had to fix them again.  In the past, I've always put blank white paper (to absorb moisture from the drying glue) around my cards before placing them between the books, and never had any problems, so, were I a wise person, I would have just continued to do that and saved myself a lot of work and grief, but, I am not a wise man.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patraw

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2018 03:15:52 PM »

I did consider wax paper, but, we were all out.  The only thing about that is wax repels moisture, so the cards would probably dry slower than on something that absorbs it.  I decided against aluminum foil or plastic for the same reason; they won't stick to the cards but they're also moisture-proof.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cmarion3

Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2018 05:58:20 PM »

I use parchment paper. I'm always afraid they will get stuck on something and be forever ruined.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Must craft....must craft.....
pottermouth
Crochet Moderator
Vintage Crafts Moderator

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2018 07:38:34 AM »

All of my art that needs flattening gets sandwiched between The Usborne Internet-Linked Encyclopedia of World History and The Kingfisher History Encyclopedia, two hefty tomes, and have been lucky that nothing has stuck to them. They do have plastic covers over their dust jackets, so that's probably why.

Jumping in this month; I'm itching to make tiny art!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WiccadWitch
« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2018 04:44:36 PM »

Filling out the questionnaire for August......not sure if I've posted in the thread this year......sooooo...here I am to meet the swap requirements Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Messenger Bag
Black and White and Red All Over
Meatless Monday: Summer Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...