A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,888
Currently Running With Scissors:
340 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 72
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2018 Annual DeStashAlong Thread  (Read 47957 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #620 on: August 03, 2018 11:07:40 AM »

That floss bobbin is so bitter sweet! sniff.

Love that rain/bow hoop!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 89
'19 FPs: 67
gaudiknight
« Reply #621 on: August 07, 2018 11:01:11 AM »

August

day ninety two by _Libby_, on Flickr

Color:  Rainbow  
Pattern:  Stars
For:  Pets
Challenge 1:  Make a scrappy project!  This is also a good time to go through your scraps and realistically evaluate how small something can be and still be useful.
Challenge 2:  On the go projects - Make something you can work on while you're out and about.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018 11:01:40 AM by gaudiknight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 08, 2018 08:22:56 PM »

I so got this month's challenge. I am all about scraps & rainbow!
Let's see... on the 3rd I posted that little rain cloud hooplah with the rainbow backing. The front fabric was a real small bit of hemp from before I had kids (we're pushing 20 years here) & the floss was inherited from my gran.
I made this crazy quilt pouch using pretty small scraps.

A DOTD kitty, the body is velvet from a vintage skirt I dismantled many years ago.

Colourful pouch from little bits of hand dyed fabric.

Another bright scrappy pouch.

And finally a set of rainbow meditation cushions.

My goal's been to work on the first thing that catches my eye each time I go into the studio. So far it's a fairly effective plan Smiley.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018 03:43:33 AM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

I'm not online as much as I used to be, don't panic if it takes a while for me to reply to things Smiley.
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 09, 2018 09:51:48 AM »

Here is my current project, it's based on this tutorial that I've had bookmarked for ages.

I added triangular pieces to the bottom of the strips so it would be straight across rather than points, I've since removed them from the longest points of the skirt because it actually created a point there, oops.
The central pieces are folded back into triangles as that's where the waistband will go, I'm working out how to cut an even circle there. The open edges get stitched together to form the skirt.

This is a child-sized version for my daughter, I had lots of tshirt left over when cutting one for myself and thought I'd sew hers first in case I came up against any issues. I'm hoping to replace my worn out old serger to finish the hem, the rest is stitched with a narrow zigzag to accommodate stretch.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018 09:52:31 AM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

I'm not online as much as I used to be, don't panic if it takes a while for me to reply to things Smiley.
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #624 on: August 09, 2018 02:00:47 PM »

CLM I love the look of this skirt. I can't wait to see it on her and the one you make for yourself
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
cmarion3
Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #625 on: August 11, 2018 02:02:48 PM »

Heres 0ne i did a while back
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=450100.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Must craft....must craft.....
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 11, 2018 02:07:28 PM »

Oh I love that skirt of yours and have had it bookmarked too. It's out of woven fabric, yes? This time I wanted something stretchy but I will make one like yours one of these days.

I finished both skirts and wore mine out today. I won't post it here because I bought all the shirts for it recently (2nd hand) but the one for her was made of the snippets left over from that, it was all headed for the bin (either the garbage bin or, more likely, the stash bins, haha).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet

^Sushi. My problem child.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #627 on: August 12, 2018 12:08:06 PM »

My goal's been to work on the first thing that catches my eye each time I go into the studio. So far it's a fairly effective plan Smiley.

That's a great plan! Love the DOTD kitty. Your skirt is coming along great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 13, 2018 01:57:13 PM »

Skirts are done and I've managed to focus on stash and UFO's for every project I've tackled in the past little bit. Now I am working on destashing digital files. I have way too many photos saved, not only inspiration pics, patterns and tutorial but of my own work too. I mean, do I really need to remember every zippered pouch, pin cushion, Teesha Moore patch, and paper craft I've ever made? I've decided that collection is out of control and I really only need to save the special things I might want to see again some time. But whew, it is a BIG JOB!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ashling
« Reply #629 on: August 14, 2018 06:14:48 PM »

I actually managed to finish the purple and black patchwork skirt I posted about months ago! I'll take pictures when I have enough light that it doesn't just look like an amorphous blob, but it's done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 72 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Chicken Pot Pie
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...