A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 314,563
Currently Running With Scissors:
267 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2018 Annual DeStashAlong Thread  (Read 34396 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm so squishy!

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: March 12, 2018 07:53:23 PM »

cmarion, you destashed your husband!  Awesome! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #361 on: March 13, 2018 06:52:34 AM »

Here is the progress shot of my green challenge this month...I joined an Afghan a month club to help me use up my stash...unfortunately, it seemed I did not have enough of any one color, so I had to buy more to make this one...but I am getting it all used up! Grin

Here is the vintage sheet that I used to make a robe (pic as soon as I figure out how to take a good picture!)...I used the scraps to make my fly embroidery and this one, my hummingbird embroidery...I also cut 5 inch quilt squares for my someday vintage sheet quilt...that just about used it all up!  Only 3 more sheets to go!  I donated the rest to a vintage sheet swap club on Facebook! Cost me $27 to mail it to Texas, but it was worth it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
cmarion3

Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: March 13, 2018 03:19:30 PM »

made me laugh so hard I peed my pants!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Must craft....must craft.....
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #363 on: March 14, 2018 06:11:04 AM »

made me laugh so hard I peed my pants!

Oh my goodness, I guess I have destashed a few of the men folk in my time. Or maybe I should just call this upgrading since my current foreverman is just about perfect. I finally got it right after lots of practice kissing frogs, ha!

That plate cover is something else. I guess there was a time when you got a dinner service as your wedding gift and kept it for life. No running out to grab something new, you worked hard to maintain your precious things.
While I would love to keep our handmade pottery safe for years to come I enjoy looking at it too much to cover it entirely. I was thinking more of just a piece of fabric to put between things. That may be entirely superfluous though if I just take care with stacking. We do have a couple of wonderful platters but they are used so infrequently that I believe they're mostly safe from harm.

I haven't made much in the past few days, only one little ATC which I'm mailing out on the way to my Artist's Way class this morning. We had our home appraised yesterday so I have been cleaning like a mad thing. The house is near perfect from end to end, except the studio rooms of course. That's a given, ha. My plan is to finish the sweater blanket next since it's all cut out and just sitting there. The kids are away for March break so I have lots of room all over the house to lay it out any place I like. After that the teenmanboy needs a new tshirt quilt, his is destroyed with cat scratchings. Now the cat's gone a new one should be safe to last him a few years.

I have also been helping a friend with her place. You would not believe the clutter and mess, yikes! We've taken a truck load to the thrift shop and have another to drop off today along with about 15 large sacks of garbage for the dump. We are not even finished one floor yet, there is still the entire main part of the house to go. I'm really hoping to help her set up a sewing and crafting area that will be usable for her and her children. All my practice moving my own stuff around and around and around should help, ha ha ha. If you can believe it, after that I have another friend with a new machine who needs help setting up a space. I am like the local destash and sort lady. I should hire myself out for that!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018 06:12:18 AM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I AM IN NEED OF GIRAFFE ITEMS!
70 giraffe gifts for mom's 70th this December, party decorations too. Please message me if you can help, thanks Smiley.

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #364 on: March 14, 2018 07:08:48 AM »

lol I actually "dreamed" of hiring you to help me destash and prepare for my move!  I bet you would be ruthless in what is salvageable and what should go!

I feel like I have made some progress since my goal is to have a simpler life at the beach...less stuff to care for and worry about...only keeping the best of things we worked hard for...the rest is just...STUFF!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #365 on: March 14, 2018 08:02:50 AM »

Well, that's kind of what I meant by, "maybe making protectors of a different sort": use the vintage linens to make "pads" to go between modeled on the foam ones that come with the quilted china storage sets you can buy at home & storage stores. I would never suggest linen envelopes for each and all of the plates!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy: http://suddenlytaxidermy.blogspot.com/
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/themistresst
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleOffPlumb

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 67
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #366 on: March 14, 2018 11:08:24 AM »

lol I figured I would do exactly that...use the linen part as the top with thin batting or something between...I could also use left over sheets as well...the linen envelopes would be only for one or two rarely used platters...I tend to use most of my things...I don't have a lot of things any more for show...you guys are like me...practical! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

« Reply #367 on: March 14, 2018 11:17:17 AM »

lol I figured I would do exactly that...use the linen part as the top with thin batting or something between...I could also use left over sheets as well...the linen envelopes would be only for one or two rarely used platters...I tend to use most of my things...I don't have a lot of things any more for show...you guys are like me...practical! Grin

I was so excited when I learned what those envelopes were for and I could use them! The small platter, inside the linen, sits in a short stack of small serving pieces on our open shelf in the kitchen, so while I don't put food on it all that often I use it as something pleasing to see every day. That said, I inherited my grandmother's wedding china several years ago - service for 12 + serving pieces and then The ManFlesh's mom gave me her mother's china about 3 years ago - service for 8 + serving pieces. I LOVE THAT STUFF! And I do use it a couple times a year - luckily they mix/match really nicely. If I had more storage that was easily accessible, I'd use them a lot more, because access is the only reason they are saved for special, not because I don't think we aren't special enough for nice things whenever. Wink That said, many of the serving pieces are easily accessible and we do use those.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy: http://suddenlytaxidermy.blogspot.com/

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #368 on: March 14, 2018 11:24:08 AM »

My sister and I inherited my mom's china that dad got her when we were in Germany...he got her two sets of service for 12. It was pure white china with silver trim...very elegant, but just not my taste. We ended up giving a set to each of our two nieces since neither one of them got china for their weddings (guess that is no longer a popular gift!)...

I am a flea market junkie...I adore mixing and matching vintage plates and bowls...I also have the mixed floral china from my MIL and her mother (two sets)...these I use and replace easily with new/old pieces. I am going to part with all of the glassware...it is a collection called Cambridge Mount Vernon...I probably have over 100 pieces...I just can't take them with me...

The china closet is also going...so...just have to take care of what I am keeping...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
TheMistressT

« Reply #369 on: March 14, 2018 11:33:59 AM »

I have read where thrift and resale stores can't get rid of lovely sets of china. They just collect dust. It makes me sad, but we each like what we like and the young people (also middle aged people like me) in general aren't into china. I find it sad, but not so sad that I feel like I have to give it all a home! I would love to get a hold of some coupe glasses though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Easy No-Sew Halloween Bunting
Witch, Please!
Meatless Monday: Buttercup Cream Cake

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...