A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 323,514
Currently Running With Scissors:
514 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 72
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2018 Annual DeStashAlong Thread  (Read 48025 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #280 on: March 04, 2018 09:28:03 AM »

Most of my larger fabric pieces were from my clothing sewing days...I have to decide if I am going to make what I originally planned or repurpose this fabric...many were purchased in foreign countries and some were inherited from my cousin, who was a dressmaker in Japan...she made clothing for women who had a $1m budget each year for clothing, so the fabrics are a little bit pricey...hard to give up, but worth nothing sitting in a box...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #281 on: March 04, 2018 09:41:26 AM »

Most of my larger fabric pieces were from my clothing sewing days...I have to decide if I am going to make what I originally planned or repurpose this fabric...many were purchased in foreign countries and some were inherited from my cousin, who was a dressmaker in Japan...she made clothing for women who had a $1m budget each year for clothing, so the fabrics are a little bit pricey...hard to give up, but worth nothing sitting in a box...

I'm salivating at the idea of your stash! And I totally understand... hard to give up, but deserves to not be in a box. It can be a good deal of effort, but it does feel nice when you can find just the right "benefactor" for this type of stash. Good luck with that!  Wink After I typed that, I realized you probably had a link to your pinterest in your signature so I clicked through and even though I already followed you I perused your boards! Why does it feel creepy to say this? It's not! It's not creepy!  Cheesy

Maybe I can bust out some lined/reversible shopping totes or something. UGH! It's the trick of finding something that we might need or at least use or that I think someone would actually want as a gift, not just a thing to fill the slot in the gift category, ya' know?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 89
'19 FPs: 67
TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

« Reply #282 on: March 04, 2018 09:52:32 AM »

I finished a lingering project! The flashcards have been around long enough that they were quickly becoming stash, the scrapbook papers were stash-stash, the various white finishes on the frames are stash. I did buy the frames just a few days ago specifically for this as none of the frames in my stash worked at all, but at least I didn't buy any to ADD to the stash, right?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #283 on: March 04, 2018 10:42:25 AM »

What a lovely set of new items for your laundry room!  That is another stash I seem to have...lots and lots of picture frames...I have painted some and repurposed them...guess I will frame items that I, too, have been meaning to do...but, after a while, there is no place to hang things...I already have six mirrors I need to find new homes for...nothing I can ship since many are huge and antique...

lol MistressT...someday I will have to tell you the story of bringing back one of my pieces from Japan...let me just say that a well placed decimal got it through US customs... ha ha ha...but, you are right...giving it to someone who might make better use of the fabric than me would be a better fate...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
TheMistressT

« Reply #284 on: March 04, 2018 11:43:51 AM »

What is it about mirrors? I walk around most of the time looking like a yoga-pants hobo, but we got mirrors all up in this piece! Probably because they are so much easier to coordinate in a space.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #285 on: March 04, 2018 12:40:29 PM »

I like them because they reflect light and a lot of things I like...I am also a casual slob, but, I know I also have a healthy dose of insecure vanity...I like looking at myself...it is like watching a movie that is still being written every single day...I don't know...maybe a mirror is a way for me to know I really exist...deep...lol...

I am 1/4 of the way done with my green destash!!!  I don't know if I will finish before the end of the month, but at least I broke out the yarn...already bored, so I will work on it later...I am planning on starting new things while finishing WIPs...one for one...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 04, 2018 01:23:02 PM »

Cute T, adorable Smiley.

All this cutting is for the first octopus. It's enormous, I can't seem to fill it no matter how many sweaters I cut up. I've been at it for days, I've had to wear a respirator from all the fluff.

Still got 2 full bins left but no way am I making another octo. My knuckles are a scabby mess from all the scissor work so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

I'm not online as much as I used to be, don't panic if it takes a while for me to reply to things Smiley.
TheMistressT

« Reply #287 on: March 04, 2018 04:14:32 PM »

This can be one of your crafting "foxhole" stories. Oof! I commend you - I would NEVER have cut the filling so small, regardless of obvious benefits.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Ashling
« Reply #288 on: March 04, 2018 09:19:11 PM »

I'm working on a couple of things right now.  One is my third scrap tiered patch work skirt.  The first one was a rainbow, I had to buy a little fabric for that, the second was all black and from leftover pieces, yes I had that many different black scraps, and this one is black and purple, because yes, I still had that many different black scraps!  After all that, I've nearly consolidated all my scraps into one place.  I think if I make a red one, I'll be able to put everything that's left in the same drawer!

The other project is a top from some cut stretch velvet (also black!) that I've had for several years and finally found something I think will work to line a semi-transparent knit shirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #289 on: March 05, 2018 06:48:15 AM »

Ashling...you know, I never even thought of a one color scrap skirt...I imagine it would be so interesting since there is no such thing as one kind of black...can't wait to see ...I also have a lot of black scraps (a bin at least!)...I am cutting out red, white and black pieces to make a quilt...I believe I need something like 444 pieces of each...lol...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 72 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: School Spirit Wreath
November 20, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...