A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 314,563
Currently Running With Scissors:
270 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 103
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2018-Reach for Your Crafting and Creative Goals!  (Read 55440 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

tendstowardschaos
'Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.' - N. Bonaparte

Motivated by the desire to achieve.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #420 on: March 13, 2018 07:59:32 AM »

Oh, so many great projects!

The curtains look really nice, CLM! That is such a fun print. I'm not big on sock monkeys, either, but yours is adorable - I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled.

T - The slip cover looks great. What a nice way to update your chair.

Your display board is gorgeous, Bunny! So is that winged rose necklace.

AIMR - Your embroidery is lovely. Is that the same background fabric you used for the house fly?

Sewing dolls from scratch is so much easier than customizing dolls but there's just something fun about taking a commercially available doll and making it into a unique piece of art Smiley

I love dolls and BJDs are so fascinating. The really nice resin ones are so expensive, though! I can't bring myself to spend that much on a doll. When I discovered repaints, I was in heaven! Taking a $10 doll and making it OOAK is so much fun. I just get hung up on the clothes.  Tongue

We got a puppy this past weekend, and it's still cold here, so I made him a sweater...that he doesn't like to wear.  Roll Eyes Ah, well. At least he goes potty quickly so we can get back inside where it's warm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #421 on: March 13, 2018 10:44:10 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW PUPPER! Super cute li'l sweater! Maybe he'll learn to like - or not notice or tolerate - wearing sweaters and such. Delia did!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018 10:45:43 AM by TheMistressT » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy: http://suddenlytaxidermy.blogspot.com/
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/themistresst
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleOffPlumb

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 67
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #422 on: March 13, 2018 09:31:39 PM »

Gradually trying to create my brand... here are the Rascal's Parlor goodies I cooked up in time for my last sale event!

Business cards I designed (logo courtesy of fellow C-ster, my DIL Chr1stchan)

Hang tags

These table signs were made from vintage frames that I painted and embellished. And some thrifted candle holders. I like how they turned out! They are great for my table displays, and  of course I can change out the message(s) any time I need to.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2018 09:32:57 PM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #423 on: March 14, 2018 01:48:26 AM »

The logo is wonderful...memorable, eye-catching, and easily conveys your style!  Very talented designer!

Love the frames...display is very important to catch people's eye!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
RedheadWithThread

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #424 on: March 14, 2018 08:21:15 AM »

Bunny, I love that display board. Very elegant and eye-catching. It would make a lovely piece of wall art, too! That necklace you made for yourself is gorgeous but it's to be expected because everything you make is beautiful. I'm in love with the stuff you made with your logo on them. Your DIL made a very memorable logo so kudos to her, too. I also love that cameo/key combo that you've got on the hang tag you made. Very elegant!

Always, I love the colors you used for that hummingbird! They really make him pop against the softer tones of the background fabric. I love the bottle cozies because I too am a fan of purple and bottle cozies are great to have.

Chaos, your puppy is adorable and his sweater is so cute. Maybe he'll learn to like them one day. I know my mom and sister's dogs hated their sweaters at first but now they love wearing them.

I finally remembered to buy the long pins I needed to finish this WIP:

It has its own post on the purses/bags/wallets board. I think it turned out rather well considering I had never used a twist lock or sewn piping on a bag. It's also the first time I ever made a bag with an adjustable strap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #425 on: March 14, 2018 08:32:18 AM »

LOVE the branding, Bunny! Right on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy: http://suddenlytaxidermy.blogspot.com/
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/themistresst
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleOffPlumb

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 67
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #426 on: March 14, 2018 11:14:47 AM »

That bag is gorgeous!  Was that using the fabric you got on sale at WM?  You put a lot of fine details into making it...nice job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
RedheadWithThread

« Reply #427 on: March 14, 2018 11:18:46 AM »

Chaos, I just noticed your comment about BJDs. Their beauty and pricing is what drove me to want to customize Monster High and Ever After High dolls. Yes, there are some gorgeous custom Barbies out there but the MH and EAH dolls are articulated like BJDs and make them more appealing because after they're complete, you can arrange them in all sorts of poses to display them. Poor Barbie can only sit or stand, unless you're lucky enough to find a Made to Move or other articulated body type.

Progress photo of my mom's Betty Boop doll mod:

That off-colored spot on her thigh appears to match, until the flash hit it. That's so weird Huh It didn't match but I touched up the color, which apparently didn't work.
The shoes she's wearing were taller but I cut off the taller bits and will be modding these with Apoxie then painting them so that they look like her classic red pump.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018 10:44:05 PM by RedheadWithThread » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RedheadWithThread

« Reply #428 on: March 14, 2018 11:23:32 AM »

That bag is gorgeous!  Was that using the fabric you got on sale at WM?  You put a lot of fine details into making it...nice job!

Yep! And I still have quite a bit of that fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #429 on: March 14, 2018 12:00:28 PM »

lol my girlfriends and I grew up with Barbies...so we do the Barbie wave, hello, and hug when we see each other...basically, as you said, one position and stiff arms and legs..ha ha ha...some were bent permanently at the elbow, so we do that, too...hard to dress them when the arms don't go...

Is the size of the dolls you do the same as Barbie? 11-1/2 inches tall?  What about shoes...do Barbie shoes fit?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 103 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Easy No-Sew Halloween Bunting
Witch, Please!
Meatless Monday: Buttercup Cream Cake

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...