A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 314,947
Currently Running With Scissors:
237 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 115
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2018-Reach for Your Crafting and Creative Goals!  (Read 65401 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #410 on: March 12, 2018 04:06:22 PM »

Red your doll making sounds painful. Mine was very easy, bday sock monkey (body made last year, handy) with a cute outfit. I realize gray pants were possibly not the best choice for a gray monkey but I had part of an angora sleeve that was a good size. The hair is a crocheted wig cap with latch hook strands. The shirt is fabric we poured extra easter egg dye on one year.
My daughter is currently smothering it with her love, lol. She had better hand it over to her friend when the time comes!

« Last Edit: March 12, 2018 04:09:09 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #411 on: March 12, 2018 05:39:16 PM »

What a lovely monkey!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 83
RedheadWithThread

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #412 on: March 12, 2018 05:43:25 PM »

That monkey is ADORABLE! <3 The pants look to be a different shade of grey to me so they work Smiley

Rerooting dolls' hair isn't usually so painful but I want her to look like she's got dreadlocks. I won't be covering her whole head, so it won't be too bad. I'm only putting yarn in strategic places for the hairstyle I want to achieve because a full head of yarn would be way too much hair.
I had the strangest mishap with my mom's Betty Boop doll. When I took her down from where I had her hanging to dry, the Apoxie on her right thigh slipped right off. Huh I have no idea why it did that but I used some epoxy glue to fix it. As soon as that's finished curing, I'm going to sand the Apoxie then paint it to match the doll's skin tone.
Sewing dolls from scratch is so much easier than customizing dolls but there's just something fun about taking a commercially available doll and making it into a unique piece of art Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

« Reply #413 on: March 12, 2018 05:53:26 PM »

That monkey is ADORABLE! <3 The pants look to be a different shade of grey to me so they work Smiley

Rerooting dolls' hair isn't usually so painful but I want her to look like she's got dreadlocks. I won't be covering her whole head, so it won't be too bad. I'm only putting yarn in strategic places for the hairstyle I want to achieve because a full head of yarn would be way too much hair.
I had the strangest mishap with my mom's Betty Boop doll. When I took her down from where I had her hanging to dry, the Apoxie on her right thigh slipped right off. Huh I have no idea why it did that but I used some epoxy glue to fix it. As soon as that's finished curing, I'm going to sand the Apoxie then paint it to match the doll's skin tone.
Sewing dolls from scratch is so much easier than customizing dolls but there's just something fun about taking a commercially available doll and making it into a unique piece of art Smiley

When I first learned about Barbie "repaints" and allllll the stuff that went into it I was gobsmacked. That was about 2000. Now that I know a lot more about crafting and various media and such and have seen so much more than the ones I first saw... I'm flabbergasted! That is some serious work and skill and vision, Red!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #414 on: March 12, 2018 06:39:05 PM »

I can never say enough times how much I have learned by being a member of this community...things I never would have even thought about...I really had no idea about those jointed dolls..or Blythe...or Pichachu (sp?)...I squirrel away all of these little facts and totally weird out my friends...

CLM--I love your sock monkey!  Such an expressive face!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #415 on: March 12, 2018 07:07:25 PM »

I'm generally not a sock monkey fan but that one is so cute and so well done that I'd take it in a New York minute! Those ears are so detailed and the outfit so well fitted. Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
139/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #416 on: March 12, 2018 09:30:58 PM »

Holy smokes, I haven't been on here in an age!  So much good stuff has been happening here... it's been delightful to peruse all of your projects and progress pics!

I have a couple of additions, too.

I made this framed board to hang my Rascal's Parlor necklaces on when I do events and boutiques. I love how it turned out!

And I made this necklace for ME! Occasionally, I do make something for myself!  LOL! But this was a quick easy one.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #417 on: March 13, 2018 06:05:37 AM »

Hey, bunny!!!  Good to see you!

That board totally fits the style of the necklaces you make!  The one for yourself is a beauty...love the black rose with the wings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #418 on: March 13, 2018 06:35:59 AM »

I have been trying to work on stash reduction of certain things I collect, like vintage linens and sheets...

Here is another embroidery I did using a scrap of vintage sheet as the background. The main sheet was used to make a robe, which I can't seem to photograph nicely...

My co-worker loves purple so I made her a few cozies for her to use at the office..

« Last Edit: March 13, 2018 06:40:12 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
TheMistressT

« Reply #419 on: March 13, 2018 06:41:13 AM »

Hiya Bunny! That board is going to look even cooler when displaying your wares! And that piece you made for yourself... that'll be the best advertising of all!

AIMR: you really have a knack for embroidering on printed backgrounds. This is so pretty and just right together. Cute cozies, too! They make me want to see all yarn-made pieces over brand names in tutorial videos instead of tape! Someone get on that.  Roll Eyes  Wink
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018 06:42:51 AM by TheMistressT » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 115 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Bibs from Old Shirts
Meatless Monday: Dairy-Free Chocolate Cake with Vegan Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Mondrian Inspired Tri-Shutter Card

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...