A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
346 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 124
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2018-Reach for Your Crafting and Creative Goals!  (Read 94063 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2018 11:24:27 AM »

Yeah, you guys...the picture hosting is broken...it is a top priority, so hang in there!  Thanks for your patience...at least we should see a ton of pictures when it gets fixed! YAY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
fluffypants
« Reply #171 on: January 22, 2018 01:05:30 PM »

That quilt pattern in those colours is SO FUN!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 24, 2018 08:19:26 AM »

Okay.i guess  I'll play.as far  as  a list.i'll have  to  think  about  it.i hope  I can do some crafts  better  than  last  year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
tendstowardschaos
'Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.' - N. Bonaparte

Motivated by the desire to achieve.

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 24, 2018 10:39:25 AM »

Those resin pieces turned out so pretty! I watched the video tutorial and thought, up until I saw the finished pieces, that they looked like a hot mess. The other side, though, was amazing.

Sera - your quilting pattern is really beautiful and I love the bright, cheerful colors. Are you making a whole quilt in that pattern, or will it be accents?

I'm intrigued by the gelatin printmaking, Calluna. It reminds me of agar plates for culturing bacteria, ah, happy memories.  Cheesy Do you carve an image into the gelatin?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
calluna
« Reply #174 on: January 25, 2018 06:33:13 PM »

It is like agar! Carving into it is something I should try! It can be reformed by melting it in the microwave, so it's worth a shot.  Smiley My understanding of it is most people place a series of stencils or printable objects on it, put paint on top of those (in as many layers as it takes to get all the colors and textures desired), and then lay the paper or fabric on top to soak it up. It is sticky so the paper doesn't slip around. I've only tried it once so far, getting one layer on paper, and I think I'm missing something because it still doesn't seem much better/easier than putting the paint (or painted item) directly on the paper/fabric.  Undecided But such is printmaking, as I understand it so far...I'll get back around to it one of these days!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking photo or rubberstamp of a school of sardines crammed together facing the same way (much like people in a crowd)
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 25, 2018 06:43:56 PM »

I remelted my homemade gelli-plate just the other day for a project I need to actually get started on very soon instead of just thinking about it. There are some amazing videos out there showing how to use it for printmaking, pretty awesome looking stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

I'm not online as much as I used to be, don't panic if it takes a while for me to reply to things Smiley.
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #176 on: January 27, 2018 07:37:28 AM »

Im late to the party, but Im in! New job is putting a serious cramp in my craft time so I probably wont be quite as prolific, but I still wanna play!

Hooray for Year of the Dog!

February
1. Witchs Garden - black
2. Witchs Garden - red
3. Midnight Run
4. Garden of Eden

March
5. Necklace board
6. Rose necklace
7. Rascal's Parlor stuff
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018 09:35:49 PM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sera unravled
« Reply #177 on: January 27, 2018 07:37:41 AM »

Sera - your quilting pattern is really beautiful and I love the bright, cheerful colors. Are you making a whole quilt in that pattern, or will it be accents?

I'm making the whole quilt in that pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #178 on: January 27, 2018 01:42:13 PM »

It's inspiring just to see and hear about all the kinds of creative things you all get up to!

I finally finished my giant, stash-busting, fabric gift bag project! This photo is 54 of the 79 I made in the last month or so. Mostly just a few at a time. These 54 will be sets for next October's barter party. I made them their own post in Misc, almost all 79 are photographed and show there. Dudez.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 89
'19 FPs: 64
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: January 27, 2018 03:50:04 PM »

I especially like that the bags are a variety of sizes and patterns. I never seem to have the size box I need for gift-giving, so maybe I should use stash to make bags instead. Great way to share the fabric joy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
190/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 124 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...