A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,766
Currently Running With Scissors:
255 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Elf on the Shelf Circle Skirt Tutorial  (Read 689 times)
Tags for this thread: elf_on_the_shelf , doll_clothes  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
elliot_anne
« on: December 08, 2017 10:23:57 PM »

Meet our family's Elf on the Shelf: Sprinkle!

There was just no way I was going to shell out $10 for a little skirt for her at the store, so I had to make her one. Well, actually, 2, because we have 1 that lives at our house, and 1 that stays at Grama's house because we always go over there on the weekends. Here is a tutorial showing how to make your own!

1. Start by cutting 2 circles: the red should be a 6" diameter circle, and the lace should be 8".

2. Cut a 1.5" circle in the middle of the red circle only. Pin layers together.

3. Sew the red and lace circles together around the 1.5" waist with a 1/4" seam allowance, and then around the edge of the skirt. Make sure to keep your start/end points on the same side of the skirt. (I forgot to line them up properly on the second skirt... oops).

4. Turn skirt over, and cut the waistband on the lace. Cut close to the seam so that the lace doesn't show above the waistband of the skirt.

5. Pin the ribbon around the waist of the skirt, starting at the back, and leaving a half inch opening right in the center of the back.

6. Sew the ribbon in place, making sure to leave that opening in the back. I had to hand sew mine, because I could not get my machine to cooperate with the scale of the piece mixed with the texture of the ribbon.

7. Shimmy the skirt up onto your elf (it should slide on easily, but not be too lose that it slides off). Tie the ribbon in the back to make a pretty bow, and cut the ribbon edges diagonally.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

JS

** Life: an amazing adventure. Pack well. **

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018 05:47:36 AM »

This is adorable, and such a sweet variation from the storebought elfie items.  Thank you for sharing!  With Santa Season upon us, I'm sure folks will appreciate personal touches.

I think I'll make one now while the info is fresh in my mind!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"
Meal Prep Monday: Crockpot White Chili with Chicken

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...