A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
NOVEMBER NEWS: Did you vote for the best DIY costume yet?
Total Members: 314,814
Currently Running With Scissors:
226 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wool Dryer Balls  (Read 3239 times)
Tags for this thread: dryer_ball , tutorial , project_of_the_week  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator
Crafting for Good Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017 04:05:36 PM »

Thanks for all the kindness! 

These are the prettiest balls I've ever seen! Cheesy  Thank you so much for the tutorial.  I've had them on my list of things to make, but haven't ventured there yet.  You make it sound totally doable!

What else is on your buffet this year?  I LOVE that idea, too!

Too many things!  I hope to post them all after the holidays.  Soy wax candles, chapstick holders, jewelry, scarves, soap, nail polish, bath bombs, bath tea, notebook covers...and probably a couple of other things I am forgetting. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ArtisanAtHeart
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018 07:17:19 AM »

Have you tried winding the balls of yarn with a ball winder, rather than by hand?  If so, what was your experience?  I don't need to make these right now as I just purchased 4 of them this summer but I'm thinking it would be so much faster to use my ball winder.

Thanks for posting the tutorial!

Connie - Boise, ID
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ginjin72477
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2018 08:29:21 AM »

Hi, it is so interesting that you posted this at this time. I have been making wool dryer balls for several years now. I just started putting together how I make the dryer balls. I have to explain how I do it so many times at my shows that I thought it might be helpful for people to see. I am also going to sacrifice one dryer ball and cut it in half so people can see what is in it. I am ordering a small set of the ones that are sold on Amazon. I want to see the differences and similarities. I do mine just like you do with the exception of I use a strip of 100% wool felt to get everything going. I felt like it gave a more solid center to start with. I originally started using wool sweaters that I felted and cut up from thrift stores and it became harder and harder to find. I can't wait to cut one open to see how they really look in the middle. I also get my wool from Knit Picks. It assures me all of them are the same size/weight and I don't have to measure anything. These are a very popular item right now and make a wonderful gift. Thanks again for posting this. I loved it that I was making mine just like you do.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018 05:48:08 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mina1130
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2018 08:39:00 AM »

Thanks so much for the great tute! I've been wondering how on earth to make these since I'm allergic to practically every single fabric softener on the market. Now to get my hands on some wool!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BStubbs374
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018 10:34:15 AM »

Other than the contact while winding the balls, will these have any effect on someone with wool allergies from the contact with the clothing while drying? I love the idea of them being reusable but since I can't wear wool articles because it causes breakouts and itching, I wonder if the clothes dried with the wool dryer balls would cause itching as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Jewelry Art
November 14, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cupcake Bath Bombs

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...