A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 314,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
250 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Winter Nerd Battles 2017-2018: December 1, 2017 - February 28, 2018  (Read 12665 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Ezri_B
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2018 10:56:00 AM »

Prompt:  February Big Time #3
Team: multimedia
Bonus Points: Meme, giver
Project Name: Purple Scrap Eater for Epilepsy
Brief Description: My sister passed away from a seizure 11 years ago. She struggled with her epilepsy for years so I donate something to a local epilepsy fundraiser every year. (March 26 is Epilepsy awareness day and purple is its color.)
Project Picture:

It is square, I promise, there was a breeze which makes it look a bit off

Prompt: January- Hamilton
Team: Multimedia
Bonus Points: Meme
Project Name: Beeswax Candles
Brief Description: My great-grandma always tried to pass on some of the things she did when she was a kid. She taught me how to harvest her beeswax and make candles and other items. I had a lot of beeswax from different hives that she collected just sitting around so I made a bunch of candles I even made up a bunch of the wicks when I ran out. I also reused mason jars and tealight tins just like she would have done.
Project Picture:

Prompt: February- Introvert/Extrovert
Project Name: Beeswax Lip balm
Brief Description: With the lightest of the beeswax I made up some lip balm. Lip balm is definitely a solo use for me. (I don't share mine blech!)
Project Picture:

Prompt: January- Cats
Project Name: Eggrolls & Sauce
Brief Description: One of my favorite memories is eating eggrolls. I lost my favorite Chinese restaurant last year, (to retirement,) which was super accommodating and kept "safe" eggrolls for me on hand and made them up for me. (I am allergic to pork, fish, & shellfish & my husband is allergic to alliums- onions, garlic, shallots, etc. Hard to find "Safe" food we both can eat) So finding a place in our area that we can get food is extremely difficult. I miss them so much. I gave making baked eggrolls a shot with my own sweet & sour sauce. They turned out pretty good. Will have to make some more tweaks, but encouraging.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest- http://pinterest.com/ezrib/

Looking to increase my 1.5 in scraps for a rainbow project. If interested in swapping let me know!
roler
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2018 07:05:06 AM »

Hi everybody!!!  I'm back!!  It's way too daunting to think about catching up in the thread here so before I spook myself away again I'm just gonna jump right in!  I've missed you all!

Prompt:  December - All Your Base Are Belong to Us
Bonus Points: Swap, Community
Project Name: VelvetStocking
Project Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=454213.0
Brief Description: I made this for Joyful Clover in the Christmas stocking swap.
(Also, the All Your Base meme always cracks me up because translating video games into English is literally what I do for a living!  I'm always worried I'll accidentally have some sort of "All Your Base" moment someday! ^^;)
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Lana

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2018 08:13:07 AM »

Ezri_B, what a lovely and meaningful way to honor your sister's memory.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roler
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2018 10:20:52 AM »

Ezri_B - That's a gorgeous blanket, and a really kind thing to do in your sister's memory as well! 

OK, here are a few more things I've done while I've been gone.

Prompt:  December - But That's None of My Business
Bonus Points: Swap
Project Name: Sweater Pillow
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made this for Joyful Clover in the Christmas stocking swap.  I've been saving old sweaters to make stuff out of before, but had never really gotten around to actually working with them!  I thought it would be much harder to sew than it was, so I was pleasantly surprised!
Project Picture:

Prompt:  February - Introverted
Project Name: Japanese Mug Rug 1
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made this for Joyful Clover in the mug rug swap.
Mug rugs are the perfect size for single serving snacks for you to enjoy on your own!
Project Picture: (fronts and backs of Mug Rugs 1 and 2)

Prompt:  February - Feeling
Project Name: Japanese Mug Rug 2
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made this for Joyful Clover in the mug rug swap.
I feel good about these mug rugs.  They're simple, but I love the fabric combinations, and I'm getting a little better at edging.
Project Picture: (See above)

Prompt:  December - Rick Roll
Project Name: Candy-striped Owl
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made this for Joyful Clover in the Christmas stocking swap.
I have made many owls like this, to the point where I can now make one in only 2 to 3 hours, and I absolutely love this style and will keep making them!
Project Picture:

Prompt:  December - LOLcat
Project Name: Paper Clip Ice Skates
Project Link:
I based this design off of some old homemade Christmas ornaments my parents had received as a gift years ago.  The paperclips and pompoms feel very light-hearted and whimsical to me.
Project Picture:

Prompt:  February - Intuition
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Sunny Bear
Project Link:
Brief Description: My plushie Katsuyuki Moray got to host the #plushiecolourquest on Instagram recently, choosing a theme for the week for many other plushie blogs to take pictures for, and then choosing winners to give prizes to.  It was SO hard to choose winners from among the many fantastic entries, so I'll be making six different prizes!  The theme was "sunny yellow", and one of the winners was a teddy bear, so here's a sunny yellow bear magnet.  It looks a bit like a mouse, which is probably a result of my starting this with no specific plan in mind. ;P  I also plan to make a frog, a donkey, a pig, and a chick for the other prizes.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2018 08:32:01 AM »

I will hopefully be able to catch up with the thread next week (we're having mid-term!!) and post my projects as well. Sorry I've been so quiet the last 2 rounds of battles... started working nearly full-time mid-November and the rest of my day was dealing with my girls... doesn't leave much time for reading forums or crafting... Shocked

Aaaanyway... I found something I would like to propose for my 2nd Research Project (now that I'm allowed more than 1 at a time! YAY!).

Research Project Name:Solar System Circular Blanket (WIP)
Brief Description: I've started Two Hearts Crochet's Solar System CAL and am currently working on week 2. The CAL is over 12 weeks, so my Research proposal definitely fulfills the Research requirements.

PS: My first Research Project will be finished up this weekend! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2018 05:38:41 PM »

Oooh! I just saw that solar system blanket all finished. Its such a fun project! I might have to add it to my list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2018 06:33:25 AM »

I am also doing the Solar System CAL!  Nice job and fun, Inselaeffchen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
roler
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2018 09:21:20 AM »

Yay, Inselaeffchen!!  I've also been absent for the last two rounds, so let's catch up together!!  Goooo, Team Multimedia!  ;P

Prompt:  February - Perception
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Pig Magnet
Project Link:
Brief Description: Here's another prize for the plushie color quest.  All of these little pill-shaped animals are vaguely based on some cats I saw on Instagram years ago.  I've actually made many of the cats in pretty much the exact style I copied, and these are just evolving from that basic shape.
Project Picture:

Prompt:  February Battle - You
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Frog Magnet
Project Link:
Brief Description: Here's another prize for the plushie color quest.  In the past I've made a giveaway prize that was a mini felt Katsuyuki, my own plushie, but this time I'm making a feltie that looks like the winner's plushie.  So instead of crafting me, I'm crafting YOU!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockingbearranch

« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2018 07:16:15 PM »

Prompt:  Zaps #1
Team: Wordy
Project Name: Minty Bath Salts
Project Link:
Brief Description: This is a medium sized mason jar with bathsalts. I did an essential oil recipe with mint, eucalyptus and a tiny amount of other scents. The base is epsom with baking soda & magnesium oil. It is very good for sore muscles. I should keep the bottles out for the photo so I remember what I used.  Roll Eyes
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockingbearranch

« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2018 07:37:01 PM »

Prompt:  Free Range #2
Team: Wordy
Project Name: Pumpkin Banana Spice Loaf
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made up this recipe as I went. It was hearty and delicious. I use banana to lower the sugar but it feels like it is just as sugary.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: The Un-Meatball
@Home This Weekend: Plastic Bottle Lanterns
October 17, 2018 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...