A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,577
Currently Running With Scissors:
129 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Holiday Ornament & Stocking Stuffer Swap Gallery  (Read 9902 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2017 08:05:33 AM »

Monty, if you have a pic of your ornament with the wand, please feel free to post it so we can all admire it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2017 08:59:02 AM »

edelC received my package today, but asked me to post pics as she's got a busy day ahead of her.  In her questionnaire she requested some sort of banner or garland, so I created one out of book pages from an old copy of Deathly Hallows.  (Not my own copy that I waited in line for, but rather one that I got from the 'free books' shelf at the YMCA.  The spine is broken, and it's not holding together well, so I took it to craft with last year, and am slowly working my way through the hundreds of pages!)  The paper pieces were all cut on my Silhouette, before being assembled with twine & sparkle yarn, as well as some glass beads between each snowflake.  I was in a rush to post the package, so I didn't get a picture of it hung up.  There are 20 snowflakes all together.

And a wooden patronus ornament.  It was a laser cut 3-d ornament that I colored with Tim Holtz distress crayons, which go on like the texture of pastels, but don't smudge on their own.  You can however blend & smudge yourself with water & brushes, or in my case Q-tips, to create a watercolor effect.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2017 09:33:30 AM »

The cross stitch are super cute.
Using book pages for the lovely banner is a great idea. I am really liking those laser cut wood ornaments too.

Inselaeffchen is having the holidays mad-dash and asked if I'd post photos of what we sent to her family.

I thought I'd try to incorporate a few elements as it was difficult to choose only one. You have to look closely at the photo to see the wee delicate little wings on the flying key.

Our kids really wanted to send the twins something they crafted for this too as they are starting to read the books and watch the movies and are now keen on all things Potter. They had some help from me with cutting (because nobody touches my fabric scissors, of course!) and gluing with the thickest stickiest messiest paste, oh boy, but they did all the design choosing and stitching on their own. I am pretty happy with their efforts.

We also included some bookmarks, one for each house as they have one of each in the family. The image was found online and we had them laminated at the copy shop.

ETA a parcel was just delivered! It's very gray out today so I will get some photos tomorrow and post them straight away!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017 11:38:19 AM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monty
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2017 03:53:20 PM »

Monty, if you have a pic of your ornament with the wand, please feel free to post it so we can all admire it!

Lesson learned the hard way. Its a lame excuse but I forgot when I was too much in a hurry to send.

I now understand the wisdom of snapping a quick pic before you send away your swap item. Sorry to all, especially Jillybeans
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Monty
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2017 04:07:56 PM »

But on to happier news: the package from tiamatfire arrived.
Very lovely note said it was from a collection from her husbands great grandfathers collection.

And I am very glad to receive another lovely wonwon ornament. It has made me think I may try to get/make one for every year he was at Hogwarts.

Thank you so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2017 08:55:18 AM »

Beautiful key and these teeny cross stitch ornaments are just wonderful, so pretty.

Here is my knit-scarf-in-progress for Slytherin house and a bonus golden snitch ornament from Inselaeffchen.

Thank you very much, our cousin is sure to love them both Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2017 06:54:52 AM »

I recieved my package from smileyyoggini a couple days ago. It's george's sock! she must have used the tinyest of knitting needles, or maybe it's majic!

she also send these adorable hand drawn cards! thanks you so much!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

pinterest.com/jenleahlynn
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2017 06:55:44 AM »

I received a lovely package from edelC!  

A stained glass mermaid from the Prefect's bathroom:

A sign from Florean Fortesque's Ice Cream Parlor:

And some extra goodies, including a Sorting Hat pendant, Head Girl badge, and chocolate coins.  (Jim & I had already snuck a few of these by the time I took pictures.  Roll Eyes)

Here's a detail shot of the pendant:

Thank you edelC!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2017 11:31:26 AM »

Monday I received a darling package from edelC. She sent along two ornaments and a couple of extra trinkets.

There is a stained glass mermaid ornament, a sign for Florean Fortesque's Ice Cream Parlor, a Deathly Hallows necklace and a few chocolate coins.

Thank you so very much edelC!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiamatfire
« Reply #109 on: December 21, 2017 10:21:02 AM »

I got my lovely package from ilovesnails Tuesday!  I'm so sorry I didn't post immediately but the hot glue had let go and I wanted to fix it, which I did yesterday!

I got a Ravenclaw globe filled with blue ribbon curls, and a fantastic (book colours squee!) Ravenclaw beaded ribbon attached to a silver "Always".

Thank you SO much for my pretty ornaments, they are already on the tree as you can see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Collapsible Tier Tray
Well, Hello (Art)Dolly!
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...