A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
256 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Gallery of the Secret Santa Wishlist and Charity Swap  (Read 18334 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 20, 2017 05:40:22 AM »

How is your uke playing going? We have a book & a video but I still haven't found the time. Maybe during the holidays.

I love that ornament, it's the best!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever the question, the answer is always CRAFTING! It's the fix for all the sicks. Makes me feel better every time.

and remember, ALWAYS USE THE GOOD BEADS, YARN, FABRIC!

Love you all, thank you so much for everything. XO
fluffypants
« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2017 07:00:08 AM »

How is your uke playing going? We have a book & a video but I still haven't found the time. Maybe during the holidays.

I found YouTube was the best, personally! So many tutorials on there and a lot of them walk through it really slowly with you. Cynthia Lin has a lot of great videos. I just played a few songs in public this past weekend, I'm in an Improv group and my friend and I did some pre-show music. I *never* sing in front of people, I have huge anxiety about my voice, but I partially hid behind a music stand and it was a lot of fun. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3

The Best is Yet to Crumb! @yumsbycrumbs
My Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/fluffypants
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2017 07:52:39 AM »

My sister and I learned how to play when we were about 8 years old. We played in front of military folks in the bases we lived in. My sister has a lovely voice and continued to perform when she learned guitar as well...me, I am better at sewing...lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2017 08:00:50 AM »

I found YouTube was the best, personally! So many tutorials on there and a lot of them walk through it really slowly with you. Cynthia Lin has a lot of great videos. I just played a few songs in public this past weekend, I'm in an Improv group and my friend and I did some pre-show music. I *never* sing in front of people, I have huge anxiety about my voice, but I partially hid behind a music stand and it was a lot of fun. Smiley

I watch her videos too. Also the uke guy is awesome. I have his app. It is a lot of fun for me. I definitely won't be playing in public any time soon. LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2017 10:23:58 AM »

OMG! That ornament is the best! I started playing the ukulele and I love it.

Same here!! Love it. I got one for my mom in Mexico, too, so I can play whether at home or abroad.  Smiley

"Feliz Navidad" is actually pretty easy! https://www.ukulele-tabs.com/uke-songs/jose-feliciano/feliz-navidad-uke-tab-14774.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thank you for sharing this home with me for so many years. Now, lettuce leaf!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2017 11:08:38 AM »

lol we have our own Craftster Ukulele band! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2017 12:20:08 PM »

I received another sweet and thoughtful parcel in the mail today.

A funny card that is also a craft, interesting looking tea I will enjoy this afternoon, teensy weensy tiny little jointed paper creatures (that I heavily admired in another swap Wink ).

Fabric scraps, something I always want and ask for in nearly every swap, ha.

An adorable ornament for the tree and some really gorgeous machine embroidery patches that I think I know just the project for.

Thank you secret santa! A little cheering was in order today, my mister was up sick in the night and I've been home nursing his miserable self after not enough sleep myself. Happy mail was just the pick me up I needed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever the question, the answer is always CRAFTING! It's the fix for all the sicks. Makes me feel better every time.

and remember, ALWAYS USE THE GOOD BEADS, YARN, FABRIC!

Love you all, thank you so much for everything. XO
LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2017 12:34:17 PM »

I want to apologize...I have received two packages and have not been able to post them due to a lot of personal things going on in my life right now.  I have PMed calluna and smeddley about this.  For whoever sent them, they are GREATLY appreciated, and I will do my best to post the photos asap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
IsikkahJai
« Reply #128 on: December 21, 2017 10:44:10 AM »

So very perfect that I should post under you Miss B  Wink

I decided to do a 12 days of Christmas present opening instead of the whole shebang on one day. After two birthday fiascoes (also the first time celebrating those this year) in which my kids were disappointed with the dozens of gifts they got (they were super overwhelmed), I thought that stretching it out might be a better plan. It's worked beautifully so far. But not expecting so much for myself it had become apparent I needed to start opening gifts along with them and the first package I grabbed was from this swap!

I definitely know who sent this but I think I would have known even if she didn't give a major hint. The perfect crochet is hard to miss and she is extremely generous  Kiss  Kiss So cool that you snuck behind my back and went in cahoots with the organizer  Cheesy I'll be uploading pictures shortly. I am SO VERY GRATEFUL for my gifts! My old towels are 12 years old  Roll Eyes They're rather ratty, lol. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #129 on: December 21, 2017 04:11:44 PM »

I got two packages! And I ripped into them 2 nights ago, set them out nicely for photos... and promptly forgot which pieces came from which package. Oh no!

In one package came this lovely ruby red hat (which, yes, is big enough to fit over my big hair bun! I can usually only wear headbands in store-bought hats, so it will be good to have a proper hat too).

In the other package came this nice big market bag - from my Craft Swap Wishlist board on my Pinterest. Looking forward to going to my farmer's market with this. It really is an ideal size for fruit & veg

And in some combination of the two packages (sorry Secret Santas...  Embarrassed), came this smaller items. We've got some ornaments, festive Kleenex, and vintage newspaper (and sure, we'll call 1972 vintage - the paper is yellowed so it works!  Wink). The paper is the only one I know who it came from, as I left the sticky note attached - thanks AIMR.

So thank you to both of my Santas! The packages were both great, and useful too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So sad to see Craftster go!

Check me out at:
@jessicapeter1 (Twitter and Instagram)
http://pinterest.com/psyche13
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...