A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 314,372
Currently Running With Scissors:
186 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Secret Santa Wishlist and Charity Swap! (signup Nov 7-21, send by Dec 11)  (Read 4358 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

calluna
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 07, 2017 10:12:42 PM »

Only wishlists in this thread -- Discussion thread is here!

Swap name: Secret Santa Wishlist and Charity Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: calluna
Co-organizer: Smeddley
Sign-up date range: November 7 - 21, 2017
Date to send item by: December 7 11, 2017

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no!
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
Do you
  • have at least as much fun giving as receiving?
  • delight in sneaky, anonymous acts of kindness, such as abandoning art?
  • need small gifts for your family/friends or coworkers?
  • collect handmade goods to donate to charity?
  • need a little extra crafty love to get you through this time of year?
  • miss getting together online with your Craftster swap pals?

If any of these sound like you, JOIN THE 2017 SECRET SANTA SWAP!!

All are welcome, whatever holidays or observances you might be into, and wherever you are in the world.  Cheesy

In this swap, you dont know who is sending to you. What makes it extra fun is that theres practically no limit to how many people you might receive from, and you can send secretly to multiple people. And only the organizers knows the true identities of all these crafty elves!

The minimum package to each person is 2 small items, or 1 medium.
Small and medium refer to time/effort or price, not actual physical size of item. What qualifies as a small item?
By crafting time: 1-2 hours (not including drying time, supply-shopping time, etc.)
By size: Earrings, pendant, wallet, pouch, bookmarks, magnets, headband, simple hand-carved stamp, cat toy
By price: $10 or less

If you want to participate, here is the information to send to calluna via PM (please put Secret Santa Swap signup as the subject):

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Secret Santa Wishlist and Charity Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that you are at least 18 years old (yes/no)
Have you read and understand all the rules and details?
Do you have a camera to take pictures of your presents?
Can you list at least 5 crafted items and/or supplies on your wishlist? (If you dont have 5 for yourself, you can also list things for other people in your life, things to be abandoned in public as random acts of kindness, things to donate to charitable causes, etc.)
If there are clothing items on your list, what are the measurements and or sizes?
Is there anything else you would like your Secret Santa to know, which you dont want to publicize to the world on your wishlist? (Ill pass the info along only to the people who claim you)

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017 05:51:02 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Free: translucent graphing film for stencil-making. PM me!

projects this year
calluna

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017 10:19:49 PM »

How this Swap Works

This thread is for wishlists and official swap data only. All swap discussion will continue here. Please post a little something in the Discussion or Gallery weekly to let everyone know youre still on board.

What to post on your wishlist:
DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED BY ORGANIZER.
Write a mini bio including what country you are in, your holiday preferences (i.e., what you celebrate, and whether you want to receive items specifically for those holidays), allergies/aversions, and preferences in colors, themes, patterns, etc. Add links to any online favorites or wishlist(s), such as Pinterest or Etsy favorites. Friends of Craftster, you can just direct people to your profile if that's easier (just make sure it is up-to-date). If you are requesting items for a charity, please share a link to that charity so we can learn more about them!  Smiley

You must have at least 5 crafted items on your list. You can include large items, but most should be small and medium items, and there should be no disappointment or grumblings if you do not receive a large item or extras. If you do complain about this, I will personally mail you lumps of coal.

Feel free to also list craft supplies and favorite store-bought treats. It is okay to request or send an all-supply package.

If no ones claiming you and the swap stalls because of it, I might nudge you with ideas for additional things to add to your list.

How to claim:
While browsing for people to claim, check the "Still Needs a Secret Santa" list (in the 3rd post of this thread) to make sure everyone is getting claimed at least once.

When youre ready to be someone's Secret Santa: PM the organizers with "Secret Santa-claim" as the subject. Include in the body of the message who you want to claim, and what you plan to send them. When the claim is approved, you will receive the persons swap questionnaire with mailing address.

Claiming goes through the send-out deadline of December 7 11. The sooner you send, the sooner you can claim more people. No matter what date you claim someone, the send-out deadline is the same. Once you send the organizers confirmation of mailing a package, youll be approved to select another person.

*Friends of Craftster may claim up to 3 people at a time. (to become an FoC, go here.)
*non FOCs who have been in 1+ other swaps previously may claim up to 2 people at a time.
*first-time swappers may claim 2 (or 3 if a FOC) at a time after their 1st package has been sent.

There is no limit to how many times each person can be picked, but each person will be picked at least once.
No one may be picked an additional time until everyone has been selected at least once. There is wiggle-room on this at the beginning of the swap.
You need to be a Secret Santa to at least one person to receive positive feedback.

Crafted and requested items do not have to be holiday-themed. Regardless of whether the things you send are connected to the holiday season, the idea is to make these packages truly presents and be festive. Thus, youre requested to at least send a note along with the package (it can still be anonymous if you like), and do what you can to make the package special and relevant to the individuals preferences. This could mean gift-wrapping the item(s) or including some tiny extras as stocking stuffers, such as candy or small craft supplies for the recipients craft of choice.

Sending secretly to calluna or Smeddley: As organizer, I, calluna, hereby do not need to be claimed, and much prefer that you Secret Santa for the other folks in the swap. Nevertheless, this came up last time, so here's what you would do: PM co-organizer Smeddley, who will keep all info about your claim private in their own records until I receive. At that point, it can be added to the swap stats. I'll do the same for when Smeddley is claimed.

Sending and Receiving:

You must PM organizers when you have sent and received. Do not PM the person you send to, because that will spoil the surprise! Organizer will PM giftees when a package has been sent to them.

If you send early and there's a reason to open the package right away (items inside are gift-wrapped, perishable, holiday decorations, or intended as donations or gifts-for-others), let us know either via PM or by writing it on the package.

On the package you send, if you want to remain anonymous, please still provide a return address or an agreed-upon code-name so I can keep track of your status.

Once you open the package(s) you receive from your Secret Santa(s), you will need to post pics in the gallery.

Other burning questions?
PM me or ask in the Discussion thread.
Welcome aboard, and let the merriment begin!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017 05:50:40 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

projects this year
calluna

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017 10:23:12 PM »

Participants' wishlist links (# of times they have been claimed) : Code-names of all (?) people they are sending to

SENT ~ RECEIVED ~ LATE WITH COMMUNICATION ~ LATE WITHOUT COMMUNICATION ~ Feedback given

Friends of Craftster (3 outstanding claims allowed at a time) :
  • alwaysinmyroom (has 7 Secret Santas): Sending to -- Cindy Loo Who -- 34th Street  --  Dancer  --  Mulled Wine
  • bywilma (has 3 Secret Santas): Sending to -- Snowman -- Popcorn Ball -- Frosty
  • calluna (has 5 Secret Santas): Sending to -- 12B -- Star of Wonder -- Holly Jolly
  • craftylittlemonkey (has 5 Secret Santas): Sending to -- Bubbles
  • kittykill (has 6 Secret Santas): Sending to -- Solstice -- Feliz Navidad -- Pink Panther
  • LadybugsAndBumblebees (has 6 Secret Santas): Sending to -- Rudolph -- Tannenbaum -- Nutcracker -- Icicle -- Dreidel Dreidel Dreidel  --  Spiced Cider  --  Partridge Family in a Pear Tree -- ??
  • luckdragon (has 6 Secret Santas): Sending to -- Bob Cratchit -- Garland -- Poinsettia
  • Nooo (has 4 Secret Santas): Sending to -- 12A  -- Yule Log  --Stocking
  • Smeddley (has 4 Secret Santas): Sending to -- Blitzen -- Kinara -- Sleighbells -- Dasher -- Wonderful Life -- Gingerbread  --  Drummers Drumming --  Clove -- Gold Rings  --  French Hens  --  ??
  • thanate (has 3 Secret Santas): Sending to -- Dasher -- 12C -- Mistletoe -- Gumdrop -- Tangled Lights -- Pumpkin Spice Latte  --  Nutmeg
  • underthemountain (has 3 Secret Santas): Sending to -- You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, Kid -- Prancer

All other merry-makers (2 outstanding claims allowed at a time) :
  • fishstix43 (has 5 Secret Santas): Sending to -- 11A  -- Carol
  • fluffypants (has 4 Secret Santas): Sending to -- 11B -- Winter Wonderland  --  Geese A-laying  --  Bond, Glue Bond
  • IsikkahJai (has 6 Secret Santas): Sending to -- Menorah -- Krampus
  • jillybeans (has 4 Secret Santas): Sending to -- Jingle -- Cupid
  • miknessevie (has 3 Secret Santas): Sending to -- Tinsel -- Sugarplum
  • psyche (has 4 Secret Santas): Sending to -- Roast Beast -- Silver Bells
  • tapestrymlp (has 3 Secret Santas): Sending to -- Comet -- Snowbird  --  Pipers Piping
  • thehappycrochetchic (has 3 Secret Santas): Sending to -- Marley -- Uncle Buck
  • WaveLight23478 (has 3 Secret Santas): Sending to -- Mrs. Claus -- Jack Skellington

Still in need of a Secret Santa:

All claims must be sent by December 7 11!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018 12:40:33 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

projects this year
Nooo
Tutorial Contributor

The artist formerly known as Noooitaremybirthday

Pizza is knowledge

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017 02:41:56 PM »

My Wishlist:

Hi there! Im Kira and I live in Alabama, USA. My favorite thing is budgerigars! Anything budgie-themed will be loved Smiley I always like stickers and washi samples. I celebrate Christmas and I am religious. Not to say I wouldnt like it, but no need to do Christmas themed crafting. Ive got two little boys, Kip (age 2.5), and Buddy (age 3.5). Kip loves soccer balls and Buddy loves clocks. This is the first year theyre excited about Santa!!

I have lots of other things I like... check out my Pinterest http://Pinterest.com/kiranichols

Only allergy is mold, and I also dont like cigarette smoky smell. Thank you soooo much! Merry Christmas!

Things:
- Pocket Letter
- Chocolate, muahahaha
- Gelli prints
- Grocery totes
- quilt blocks
- Zipper pouches
- Teesha Moore patches
- ATC sets of 3
- knitted socks (size 9 US)
- 4x6 art
- Mexican Folk Art
- Cool little shrine art
- Artwork for my studio
- Crystals, minerals, sweet rocks
- Ornaments for the Tree, colorful
- Particularly beautiful wood or driftwood pieces

Themes I Love:
- Totoro/ Studio Ghibli
- Budgies/Parakeets Wink
- TOucans
- Chickens
- Fullmetal Alchemist (ed/al are my faves)
- Naruto (Naruto, Jiraya, Kakashi, Rock Lee are faves)
- bohemian/brass/silks/rich colors
- Crystals/Minerals/Metaphysics

Ideas for my boys:
- Envelope of fun, just happy mail addressed to Bud & Kip
- Surprise Eggs? Either kinder eggs, or just Easter eggs with a little toy inside
- Miniature or baby versions of their favorite stuffies, black and yellow puppies (ill add thumbnails when I get a chance)
- Dress up hats (with animal ears, super hero themes, etc.)
- A mug rug with the alphabet and 1-9 on it
- Mittens
- Play kid size oven mitts
- Bean bags for tossing
- Musical toys
- Anything Stitch or Pikachu

Ill add more as I think of things...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017 06:04:29 AM by Nooo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's swap lil gelli prints or ATCs!

Instagram: @oops_icraftmypants (Possible swap spoilers.)
Pinterest
Etsy Shop
Rubber Stamps
Smeddley

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017 04:52:13 PM »

Hi, I'm Michelle, I live in Kansas (USA) with a husband and a dog.  I am allergic to hemp fibers and oils, so nothing with that in it, please.  We celebrate a completely non-religious Christmas, aka "Santa Day".  Cute Christmas things (reindeer, penguins, etc) are fine, nothing religious please!

Things you could make me:

Shopping bags!  In part to be environmentally friendly, in part because these things are awesome and can hold tons and I always get compliments.  And I can never have too many... https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177482.0

I need a dog walking bag.  I have no link to anything, but what I need is a cross-body, open-top bag big enough for a leash, tennis ball, bag of treats, and waste disposal bags.  Also an outside pocket for my phone, and a plastic-lined compartment for... used waste-disposal bags would be nice.  Preferably in dog-themed fabric, just because.

Double-pointed knitting needle holders: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/272045633717327348/ (I made myself one and loooooove it and need more!)

Hoops!  
These are ones I've made for other people that I'd really love to have a version of (it's so much easier to make things for other people, isn't it?):
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/272045633717600906/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/272045633716745642/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/272045633716057248/

Ones I would really like:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/272045633720735286/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/272045633720735230/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/272045633717671024/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/272045633717670709/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/272045633717670373/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/272045633717670370/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/272045633717670379/

Original Artwork - I have a pinboard that shows kinda what I like: https://www.pinterest.com/smeddley/art-i-like/

Huge wish: Bear coasters! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/272045633713437917/

PUMPKIN ALL THE THINGS!  Every year from Oct 1 - Thanksgiving I feature a pumpkin thing a day on my Instagram/Facebook (if you'd like to see 2016's PATT, my Instagram is: https://www.instagram.com/smeddleys/ ... 2015's is only on my FB page).  This does include pumpkin spice foods, but I've already "reviewed" a lot of those - unless you can find CVS's purported PS cough crops or Walgreen's PS gum, which I've never seen.  I still need some for this year and I'd like next year to be all crafted pumpkin goodness!

Shark things!  Next to PATT, Shark Week is one of my favorite times of the year - both Shark Weeks, the official, science-y one, and the bad monster movie SyFy one.

Anything on any of my boards marks "swap inspirations" : https://www.pinterest.com/smeddley/ - some of the stuff on the other boards I pinned for other people, or because I planned on making it for a specific use (that may be O.B.E. (overcome by events)), but the stuff on these boards is all stuff I like and would want for me.

Things that could be made or purchased, depending on your crafting skill set:
Spinny yarn thingee
Hair sticks
Drop Spindle
Journals/Junk Journals/Fabric Journals

Supplies I can never have enough of:
Fabrics
Crochet hooks and knitting needles
Stitch markers, both crochet and knitting
Safety eyes, all sized
Fiber for spinning/needle felting
Yarn
Art Stencils
Stamps
Buttons
Beads
Ephemera for art/journaling
Art supplies of all types
Elastic (especially wide, for knitting needle holders)
Clay molds and tools
Origami paper, especially squares for cranes and strips for stars

Charity crafting!

I volunteer at Ray of Hope, which hosts dog (and cat) adoption events at Petsmart every weekend.  https://www.facebook.com/Ray-of-Hope-KCK-1646910742241793/ Things we need/use:
Dog toys (or, alternatively, fleece for me to bake box braid dog tugs!)
Candy (we have a candy bowl we set out for people)
Dog treats (sometimes the only way to keep them quiet, small training treats are great)
Dog brushes (these are animal control dogs, and don't get bathed/brushed often)
Waterless dog shampoo (see above)
Gift cards to Petsmart/Target to buy the above mentioned supplies (we share a parking lot with a Target, so convenience!)

I also volunteer at the Commemorative Air Force (Heart of America wing) and they keep vintage airplanes flying.  They have a ST-19 and a Stearman bi-plane (I know next to nothing about planes, but my very good friends are super-involved)
https://www.facebook.com/Commemorative-Air-Force-Heart-of-America-Wing-199068986088/
Anything plane-themed to auction off at their annual dance or to sell at Open Hangar Days

Abandoned Art!
I love abandoning art, so anything you want abandoned in this area is fine by me!  I will say that there are two things I've done in the past:
Operation Beautiful/Inspirational ATCs - I tend to leave these in libraries and in library books, bookmarks would also work!
Painted rocks - a middle school nearby puts them out in a part and invites others to do so, I like to think they are happy and excited when others do!  Plus I've had fun doing them.  I get that this is literally shipping rocks, but hey, flat rate box?  Cheesy

I know this a huge list, kudos if you got to the bottom of it, I'd give you a cookies if I could!  Thanks for looking!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017 06:39:07 PM by Smeddley » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017 01:09:20 PM »

Hi everyone! My name is Pam and I live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband and two pups. I love Christmas and we do it up very 1930-1950's retro style. We have three trees (robot tree, our regular tree and a pink Victorian one). We are not religious in our celebration.  I love bakery scents, the color pink and non traditional Christmas colors. Not a fan of yellow or plain purple (love other shades but not the primary purple). I love super cutesy stuff.

Crafty Items:

Scented "tea" or house bags (lavender, orange spice, vanilla are always good scents)
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AReAXxJ5cmAc315PeJkAPtnrFmdjnjXMcSGjPTLG12E0Av_IBbAZ5Ms/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AReAXxJ5cmAc315PeJkAPtnrFmdjnjXMcSGjPTLG12E0Av_IBbAZ5Ms/

Any doll or felt doll from my Pin boards
https://www.pinterest.com/kittykill/dolls-i-want/
https://www.pinterest.com/kittykill/felt-projects/

Blank cards for "I love you" and "Thank you"

Crystal/bead suncatchers
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/235242780519979332/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/235242780519979331/

Painted candle stick holders
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/435160382714753590/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/173670129350920170/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/115686284149204188/

Any kind of shrine or tribute to my pup that passed away (Jujube)

Anything Christmas Scan designs
https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=christmas%20scandanavian%20design&rs=typo_auto_original&auto_correction_disabled=true

Bath bombs

Miniature Christmas scene

Christmas table runner

Glass bead garland to drape in my kitchen window

Anything inspired or otherwise from my pinterest
https://www.pinterest.com/kittykill/pins/

Supplies:
I can always use hoops of every size
DMC floss in any color
felt sheets
embroidery needles
needle minders
Blank pillows to embroider
medium to large glass beads. I want to make a garland.

Misc:
Wax melts
tea
Tea cups
gift cards to Etsy

Charity:
Pillows for heart patients recovering (various hospitals). My husband still has his from when he had surgery
Fleece blankets for pups for Pixie Project

« Last Edit: November 10, 2017 11:04:04 AM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017 06:43:05 PM »

Im Jessica. I live in Ontario, Canada with my husband (! of under a month!) and our two black cats. Im a Christmas celebrator, though I also enjoy some spooky stuff year round. Beyond crafting, I adore veggie gardening, writing novels, reading, travelling, playing piano, research & evidence (day job is in health systems research), craft beer, and making lists. No allergies, but Im diabetic, so if treats happen to be included, sugar-free/low-sugar is preferred.

Favourite colours: black, deep purple, teal, turquoise, bright pink, burgundy
Favourite themes: skulls, vegetables, maps, pigeons, bats, books & libraries, tea, typewriters & their keys, black cats, Super Mario, mushrooms & forest creatures (especially fond of antlers), famous writers (including Shakespeare, Jane Austen, Poe, Oscar Wilde, Agatha Christie, Tolkien)
Favourite Christmas stuff: traditional and/or vintage overall; classic colours; greenery & trees, red berries, stars, brightly coloured vintage ornaments, deer

Im a Pinterest addict: https://www.pinterest.ca/psyche13. Some boards are more useful than others for a craft swap, but ignore the Crafting and Create boards - those are my tutorial collections. Craft Swap Wishlist, however, is probably a logical starting place.

Crafted Wishlist
  • Blank-inside notecards - not just my themes, as these go out in random gifts to all sorts of folks - do you take photos? Watercolour? Something else? Sounds nice!
  • A slouchy, burgundy knit or crochet hat. Must be big enough to fit my big fat hair bun, which I wear quite high. A few examples of hat styles are on my Craft Swap Wishlist board
  • Knit, crochet, or fabric headband that will keep my ears warm (and work with said big, fat, high hair bun).
  • "Lady art - i.e., art where a woman is the focus (see my Art board for tons of examples) - ATC sized is great as I am working on a little collection, but full wall sized is also great! I generally like more "low brow" styles.....If you feel the urge to make a custom full sized (omg!), the hubby and I had dreamed of a personification of our house address "Lady Twin-Six" (it's basically how you'd say our postal code - which in Canada is a combo of letters & numbers). We picture her as a Victorian/steampunk sort of lady with a pair of six-shooters.
  • Votive (or tealight) sized luminary candle holders - to be used mostly at Christmas so festive colours (green, red) or shapes (trees?) encouraged (e.g. something like this or this )
  • Stone or stone-like jewellery - favourite stones are amethyst, turquoise, pyrite, quartz; maybe things like rings with rough stones or a necklace with big beads
  • Fabric circle scarf in fabulous print, for example an interstellar print
  • Christmas tree ornaments - see my Christmas Decorating board for ideas
  • A lovely finished embroidery hoop - some of my favourites are on this board, but unique is great too! Though if youre in a Super Mario villain crafting mood, Id love accompaniment to my Chain Chomp, such as a Goomba or a Fire Flower
  • Stuff inspired by my aforementioned Craft Swap Wishlist board, or somewhere else on my Pinterest (etc)

Supplies/Etc Wishlist
  • Found any colourful vintage ornaments at an antique store or your basement? Im always on the hunt for more!
  • Awesome printed Fabric of many types. Of course I have a board for that too.
  • Lovely old or interesting paper ephemera
  • Ribbons, with interesting prints

« Last Edit: November 11, 2017 07:45:53 AM by psyche » THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluffypants
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017 06:46:43 PM »

Hey folks! I'm Mary, and I hail from Ontario, Canada. I'm a graphic designer by day, and a baker by night. I'm in the local improv group, and on the board for our not-for-profit theatre troupe. I live with my husband, two cats, and two turtles. We celebrate Christmas and although I'm religious at heart, it doesn't show in my decorating. I love vintage 1950's/60's Christmas decor and mod designs. Our Christmas tree is covered in ornaments from our family and friends (we asked everyone to bring an ornament from their tree in lieu of a gift at our engagement party). Christmas stuff is definitely not a requirement for me for this swap, but I wouldn't mind receiving it either. I have no known allergies. I love bright colours and fun stuff! Favourite patterns are argyle, stripes, and polka dots.

You'll find me at pinterest.com/fluffypants

Definitely not limited to these, but a few themes & stuff:
- Moomins. I love anything Moomin!
- Katamari Damacy. Love that game, so hard to find any merch.
- Baking
- Retro
- Classic rock & vinyl records, the Monkees, the Beatles
- Ben Folds
- Moxy Fruvous. One of my favourite bands, they're no longer together and there's very little merch available.
- Warhol & pop art
- Old video games (NES, Atari, etc)
- Board games!!!
- Arrested Development
- Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (current BBC series)

Crafted goodies:
- Fun or quirky earrings
- Pendant necklaces (at least 18" chain/cord)
- Silly taxidermy (stuffed animals or toys, maybe a loose seal? haha)
- Artwork for my craft room wall
- Warm mittens (Canada winters, eh?)
- Socks or slippers (women's size 11)
- Wallet for gift cards/loyalty cards
- Stencilled t-shirts inspired by my TV/music/video game themes (men's/unisex large)
- Some sort of "whip it" Devo/baking mashup piece
- Kitchen towels (retro, baking inspired, or fun colours... would love some with quirky baking sayings)
- Anything inspired by my Pinterest
- Something for the kitties
- Something for the turtles (I have no idea what turtles like)
- Something for the husband (he likes, in his words, "old school science stuff" like slide rules and Gallileo thermometers. He's involved in air search and rescue, and loves peanut butter pretzel nuggets.)

Craft & baking supplies:
- Blank cards
- Thread & needles
- Sprinkles
- Greaseproof muffin liners
- Stencil brushes

Non-crafty things I like:
- Hot chocolate
- Bath stuff
- Playing ukulele
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017 04:23:39 PM by fluffypants » THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017 07:38:46 PM »

Hi!  Im Roxanne and I live in Maryland, USA.  My daughter Lana was raised on Craftsters love and is now 13 years old.  She is now co-President of Difference Makers, a club dedicated to community service!  We both love to create things and we are in the process of making her club, Small Things Matter, into a nonprofit. Our mission is to encourage children to use their talents to craft items for those in need.  Currently we are hosting workshops where kids to help us decorate stuffies and once we get a suitable number we donate them kids in hospitals, shelters, etc.  We love celebrating Christmas in our home!  I am into Santa!  

Things you could make for me:

-Lana (and I) would love to have some stuffies made by Craftster Aunties for Small Things Matter.  The pattern and instructions are on our website. You can see some of the results of our crafting there too.  www.smallthingsmatter.org  Our next batch is going to Children's National Medical Center.

-this hat for Lana https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/capucine

-a cute ami bear https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/72620612724499007/

-a cute pineapple https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/72620612720192953/

-altered art shrine of Lana, maybe Christmas themed?  I have a collection and LOVE them!

Big wish:
Unicorn hooded scarf for Lana (or mewe can share!) https://www.pinterest.com/pin/344173596507899561/

Huge wish:
Gnome gloves!  https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/72620612719472478/

-If anyone has something they love to do and would like to make it for our Difference Makers auction that would be great too!

Charities we love:

Childrens Inn at NIH. I have supported this charity since before Lana was born. Lana started crafting for them when she was 2 years old.  She is now an NIH Teen Ambassador and is collecting items for the patients Holiday Shop.  She has collected per their request: makeup (donated by Wegmans), travel sized toiletries, small notesbooks that I made, and purchased metal water bottles.  Other items on their wishlist are Sudoku and adult coloring books.  Please feel free to donate any item that you think a child would enjoy giving to his/her sister/brother/mother/father/caregiver.  Thank you!

Or you can make 75 like items of your choice for their Thoughtful Treasure Program.  They have some ideas here: https://www.pinterest.com/childrensinn/thoughtful-treasures-mailbox-gifts/
STM and Difference Makers made 200+ stuffies for them.  We are still finishing those up.

Supplies!

-Small Things Matter Stuffie Supplies: Solid color fleece, white thread, solid black safety eyes 10mm, felt sheets, felt glue, gift card for JoAnns

-Stamps for metal stamping

For more ideas please check out my Pinterest!
https://www.pinterest.com/underthemt/
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017 07:35:53 AM by underthemountain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017 07:32:13 AM »

Hiya, all!  I'm Jill and I live in Washington state with my hubby, and kiddos (Briella, age 4, and Emma, age 17 months).  Hubby and I are big time nerds, and we love video games, board games, and D&D!  I also love cooking and baking.  I am also a photographer!  My oldest loves Disney princesses, unicorns, and dressing up.  My youngest is obsessed with Moana.  We don't have any pet allergies.  We do have animals, but they stay away from my crafting.

Crafted Wishlist:
-dress-up stuff
-hats for my kids
-knit/crochet hat for me
-camera strap
-Moana clothes for my youngest (preferably 18 month or 24 months)
-Star Wars or unicorn clothes for my oldest (4T)
-Little cross-stitched or embroidered ornaments for our tree (bonus points for Harry Potter, Star Wars, or D&D/Critical Role)
-boot cuffs for me
-bath bombs
-hairbows/clips for my kiddos
-branch candle holders: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/87538786477142148/
-fun pillow cases for my kiddos
-bird's nest wrap bracelet: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/87538786483490433/
-XL Shirts for hubby (Star Wars, D&D/Critical Role, Adventure Time)
-spoon ornaments: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/87538786478392067/
-newborn wraps for photography

Supplies:
-buttons (oh how I love buttons!)
-ribbon
-cute cotton prints
-thread
-scissors
-needles
-cross-stitch supplies

For more ideas, here is my pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/jkingcompogno/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I'm so crafty, I make babies!  Baby Bean 2.0 born 6/1/16
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Dragonflies in the Yard
Tute Tuesday: Mini Messenger Bag
Black and White and Red All Over

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...