A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and encouraged! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 321,159
Currently Running With Scissors:
157 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Detailed note or do you care?  (Read 1324 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

fatewineroses
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: October 24, 2017 11:00:24 AM »

When you send a package to a partner, do you send a card? A little note?

If you do, what do you write? Do you write a simple, "Thanks for swapping with me"? Or do you go into detail? Say something special?

What do you prefer to get from your partner?

I keep cards specifically so I can send them with swap packages. I try and write something more than just a sentence or two. Sometimes I find the cards are too small (note for next time). I might be verbose.  Grin

This curious mind is curious about what you like and do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017 11:55:31 AM »

I think it depends on the partner.  If they're really chatty and personal throughout the entire experience, a note seems fitting.  If they're not into gabbing much, maybe just a little message in a card.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017 01:24:38 PM »

I like to send a note but sometimes I forget until the package is already sealed up and ready to go. Other times I just have my hands full of getting out the door and have only a minute to write a quick "thanks for swapping" or whatever. In a perfect world I would be able to include a nice little letter and get the same in return with every swap but oh well, it's all fun anyhow Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I AM IN NEED OF GIRAFFE ITEMS!
70 giraffe gifts for mom's 70th this December, party decorations too. Please message me if you can help, thanks Smiley.

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
Thimbles71

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017 05:31:32 PM »

I try to always include a note and let them know that I appreciate my partner swapping with me, that I enjoyed making whatever for them, etc.  I'm generally apologizing for sending late, too.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JoyfulClover

Live long and prosper

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017 05:48:36 PM »

Well, so I tend to be chatty. If you've ever messaged me, it's ridiculous. But I type kinda fast, so it tends to just spill out. Mah bad!

Most of the time I'm talking about what I made and why because I always have anxiety over what I'm shipping. I've repeatedly had to send instructions on unpacking. Twice I've send drawings for assembly.  But I have stopped sending a note for each item - so look at me growing up.

I do like to get notes from my partner.  But 90% of the time ship day is stupid chaotic, so if I don't receive one, I don't over think it, either.

So. Basically, I love it all.  Do what works for you! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Annchen

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017 01:03:53 AM »

I like to write a note, but if its written on a pretty postcard or a simple notebook page varies. I sometimes include weird swedish candy so I figure its best to warn if theres some odd taste hiding in there. Sometimes I write a bit about what I sent and what it was inspired by.

I like getting a little note, but its fine eiter way. I know not everyone likes to write them, or remembers to include them on sendout day...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017 03:05:08 AM »

Depends on the item - I usually include a brief note or something.  But like CLM, I sometimes seal and forget to pop it in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

Living the @Lynx2Lancer life on Instagram!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017 04:20:00 PM »

I try to remember to send a note, but it usually depends on my partner as well as what I've sent. If I feel close to my partner, or we have swapped many times before, I probably would write a more verbose note. If we haven't really communicated very much through the swap, it would probably be less chatty. Many times I feel I have to explain my thoughts as to why I've made what I made. However, for the most part, I probably would have a lengthy-enough note, but not say, a novel sized letter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Traveling Little Visitor Rd 27: Tuscany is away in Alaska, and I am hosting Baranof.
12 Mini Days of Christmas: Crafting!
blupaisan

I work for Cats.

sumsumsummertime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018 01:32:17 PM »

I love sending detailed notes. A lot has to do with the fact that the stash i am always dipping into for crafting has history attached to it. So I write about where it came from or which other member might have allowed me to add it to my creation because she was generous enough to gift it to me as an extra or some thing. ChameleonHound sent me a whole box of teeny tiny people a couple of years back and I keep giving her a shoutout whenever I use them in a project. It sort of unites more Craftsters if that makes sense.
I also just love to write.
And even tho some partners may be the silent type online, I am hoping that experiencing a long note that is sometimes filled with humor will be appreciated.
If I am sending ATCs, it is often just Thanks for Swapping but if I had troubles, trials, laughs, etc during the creation process, I share that info.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are the Redcoats. And they are ours! Or tonight Becky Thatcher sleeps a widow!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018 06:26:32 AM »

I have boxes of cards and notes from my swaps!  I keep them all...some are chatty, some not, but when I go through them, I remember the experience.

I am curious in the more artsy swaps about the process:  what supplies were used, etc. For example, blupaisan, your note on using one of your hankies was touching and gave new life to the heart you sent...I like it all, though...

I am guilty of either writing too much or writing too little...and everything in between! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2018 59/75
PINTEREST
355 days until retirement!!! Beach here I come!
Need some supplies?  I am destashing..maybe I have what you need! PM me!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Messenger Bag
Black and White and Red All Over
Meatless Monday: Summer Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...