A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 313,568
Currently Running With Scissors:
287 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Traveling Little Visitor Swap Round 26 - Gallery!  (Read 11816 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

BigBangMomma

Wowza! I've almost reached 90 completed swaps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2018 01:38:37 PM »

I am having trouble loading this thread using my mobile, but Giles is still hanging out. It's been very cold, so we've stayed inside. My kids had their first day back to school since Christmas break began. Giles checked out the icy roads that kept them home the past few days. It has warmed up today, so it's mushy and slushy.

I am hoping that Giles will help me secure tickets for my family to go watch the USA Women's National Team (soccer) play in the She Believes Cup in Columbus in March! Tickets go on general sale tomorrow morning.  My daughter's favorite soccer player is Alex Morgan, and she should be there, we think!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Traveling Little Visitor: Follow Giles on Instagram at #GilesVisitsOhio,  He's on his way home.
Positive Affirmations: Sent!
tapestrymlp
« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2018 10:13:47 PM »

I've been terrible about posting, sorry! Alby has been having lots of adventures and we have pictures,  but between work and a handful of family emergencies I haven't been posting them.

So here's a sampling of Alby's adventures.

Helping wrap presents

Baking Christmas cookies!

Admiring Christmas lights

Hanging out with our Christmas Narwahl

Attending a holiday show

Dallas's slogan is "Big Things Happen Here" so there are BIG signs all over downtown and you stand in the middle to become the i. Alby is a very small i  Cheesy

Occasionally, Alby helps me with the shopping. He seems to like the cheese aisle best... or maybe that bird label brings out his inner tiger!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Tapestry~
Eamea
« Reply #162 on: January 12, 2018 10:53:44 AM »

It was just 23 degrees when I took Ponyo downtown, but I am quickly running out of time and of course she had to see it!  It's been several years since there has been this much ice on the Mississippi River.

The skies were so grey that the Arch wasn't very shiny.  Sad

The sun came out in the afternoon, so we stopped at Route 66 State Park.  The Meramec River also had some ice but nearly as much.

Ponyo and I are headed for Cairo on Monday.  The temperatures there will be much more suitable for outdoor picture taking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's one in every family, and I'm an only child.
RaraAvis
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #163 on: January 14, 2018 08:49:12 AM »

I have been working on my scrapbook! Hard to believe the send back date is coming up soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seeuudee

Smile!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #164 on: January 14, 2018 11:48:45 AM »

I have been working on my scrapbook! Hard to believe the send back date is coming up soon.

It seems to have gone so quickly this time round! I have been sorting photos this weekend, ready for printing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: January 14, 2018 05:03:37 PM »

I've been working on mine, too. We're going to miss Giles, but I have a new visitor to send out next round! I hope the weather cooperates because dh and I have tickets to see Jeff Dunham before Giles heads home.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Traveling Little Visitor: Follow Giles on Instagram at #GilesVisitsOhio,  He's on his way home.
BigBangMomma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2018 07:52:48 AM »

Thanks, Giles, for helping me shovel snow! Also, you scared the birds away, you goofy giraffe!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2018 01:45:19 PM »

Aurora and I got to young my kiddo on her field trip to the nimbus fish hatchery in Sacramento where she got to release the salmon they raised in class. So neat!
I think aurora was VERY interested in the salmon and steelhead trout - I think I heard her tummy growling...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
waterbaby

« Reply #168 on: January 17, 2018 01:45:40 AM »

The building where I have my office job is 73 floors high (with more above that) and has become a landmark youve likely seen in movies and TV shows set in Los Angeles over the last couple of decades (although from aerial views rather than the ground up):

Last year a restaurant/bar opened on the very top floor, and the two floors below were renovated for both private events and as a public (paid) destination as well, called the OUE Skyspace.  With open air glass walled terraces and large windows all around, the 360 degree views are, of course, magnificent, but possibly an even bigger draw is the glass "Skyslide" mounted on the outside of the building between the 72nd and 71st floors!  These are pictures from the website because its impossible to fully see the slide when you're actually there:

Paige and my brother and I headed over there on a weekend late afternoon looking forward to both pre- and post-sunset views, but hadnt realized the entrances are timed and it was dark by the time we finally got up there not that there was anything to complain about, view-wise:

We strolled the two floors and the outside terraces for a while and then it was time to try out that slide.  After a very long wait in line Paige and I were suddenly settling onto our sliding mat and scooching forward at the top of the slide, so I was only able to get one quick snapshot before securing both Paige and my camera for the brief ride down:

Personally, I don't know if Id have been able to go through with it during the day not being able to see everything was very helpful for me!  But we triumphed and made it to the bottom (I added the arrow below, which is pointing to the curve in the slide; the top is out of view):

« Last Edit: January 17, 2018 01:56:26 AM by waterbaby » THIS ROCKS   Logged
BigBangMomma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: January 17, 2018 09:55:50 AM »

Another snow day, so the kids, Giles, and I ventured to St. Marys, WV to eat at The Boxcar. It is one of few small towns where trains still run through. We were lucky enough to see one while eating!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Homemade Sauerkraut
@Home This Weekend: Stained Chairs
Tute Tuesday: Box of Chocolates Wreath

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...