A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 320,269
Currently Running With Scissors:
280 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Traveling Little Visitor Swap Round 26 - Gallery!  (Read 11820 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2017 07:59:40 AM »

Oh I LOVE the snow!! Giles looks so cute in his scarf out in the woods. Cheesy

We've been so crazy hectic busy here! Last weekend, we had back-to-back shows (again) and Saturday's was my annual one in Sarasota. Now, Sarasota is about 90 minute drive away across the {in}famous Sunshine Skyway Bridge. It spans the open water between the southernmost tip of what makes up the Pinellas county peninsula, and spans the opening of Tampa Bay where it meets back up with the Gulf of Mexico.

It's a HUGE, TALL, SCARY bridge.

I was driving, so I had my husband try and get some photos of Cabot's crossing. I just got them off his phone.

Hopefully this gives you an idea. Turns out, there IS skill to taking LV photos. LOL Because here are some of the ones I couldn't use. Cheesy

And here's a look inside the Sarasota Municipal Auditorium where Atomic Holiday Bazaar takes place:

Sunday, we had another show, but it was outside and it was SO COLD it was like 42f (4C) when I was setting up. I was freezing. I didn't get any pics. We also finally got the tree decorated this week so I'll get some pics of that soon. I wanted to finally get the Skyway pics posted though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
BigBangMomma

Wowza! I've almost reached 90 completed swaps!

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2017 01:55:38 PM »

Wow Cabot!! And PFD, you both were so brave! What a bridge!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Traveling Little Visitor: Follow Giles on Instagram at #GilesVisitsOhio,  He's on his way home.
Positive Affirmations: Sent!
waterbaby
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2017 01:11:25 AM »

Looks like Alby's having a great time in Texas -- omygoodness, miniature city models?!?!  Private airline accommodations?!!?

As for me, Ive gotten a little behind in posting and have lots of pictures to share, so lets start with Thanksgiving and see how far we get in this post.

Here is Paige overseeing the vegetables after planning to roast them I realized my oven wasnt going to hold anything but the turkey, so the brussel sprouts and carrots were done stovetop, as was the dressing, rice, and butternut squash and tofu for our vegetarians.

My brother and his date, my best pal visiting from out of town, and a quilt guild friend all agreed with Paige that everything turned out very well.  A special treat was the wild rice which was harvested by my quilting friend a few years ago while she was visiting an Indian reservation!

Over the holiday weekend we did some lightseeing, first at one of the two miniature trains in Griffith Park (a 4300 acre urban municipal park, also home to the LA Zoo, Autry Museum, Griffith Observatory, The Greek Theatre outdoor amphitheatre, a golf course, and more, plus miles of walking and hiking trails, picnic areas, etc.).  We were going to take the ride but it was the first night and the line was long so we decided to walk the public part of the perimeter.  Here you can just see the train engine at the left waiting to depart:

We loved this little mini scene tucked away at a corner:

The best part, though, was at the entrance to the ride -- click this link for a video of Paige rocking out with a funtastical piece of lighting art: https://player.vimeo.com/video/246922528

Another evening we strolled through The Grove, an open air shopping center the design of which looks rather like Main Street USA at Disneyland theres even a trolley that runs from one end of the street to the other (look close and youll see the living gingerbread man who was waving from the upper deck):

We spotted Santa doing a practice sleigh run over the giant holiday tree in the central plaza area

which has a miniature park-like feeling with it's open lawn area and pond, where we stopped to watch the dancing waters.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017 11:35:17 AM by waterbaby » THIS ROCKS   Logged
seeuudee

Smile!

« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2017 04:40:52 AM »

Rather chilly dog walk along a local shore today, but with coffee, so all was good

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2017 10:46:02 AM »

Aurora had a wonderful trip to the Charles Dickens Christmas Fair! We had tea, got to see some live shows, participate in artist sketching with Edmund Blair Leighton, dance a few waltzes in Fezziwig's, and she even got to see the can-can lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
RaraAvis

« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2017 10:08:54 AM »

I love the Great Dickens Fair! I went the last two years, but didn't get a chance to go this year.

We did get to go to the Rosie the Riveter WWII Home Front Museum over the weekend in Richmond, Ca.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #126 on: December 19, 2017 06:56:24 PM »

A bit ago we went to Dave and Buster's for a friend's birthday, I'd never been!  Much skeeball was played, few tickets won.

And on Monday, we went to see a movie!  We only go about once a year...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
waterbaby

« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2017 12:36:14 AM »

Oh, m'gerd -- Princess Ameleia!!!

And on Monday, we went to see a movie!  We only go about once a year...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
BigBangMomma

Wowza! I've almost reached 90 completed swaps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2017 10:04:07 AM »

A small sneak peek of a lil something-something for Giles for  Christmas. PFD will have to wait to see what it turns into though!
(Sorry if it shows up sideways)

Also, I *may* have a little addiction to taking his picture. I should have joined these swaps ages ago!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Traveling Little Visitor: Follow Giles on Instagram at #GilesVisitsOhio,  He's on his way home.
Positive Affirmations: Sent!
seeuudee

Smile!

« Reply #129 on: December 22, 2017 12:53:35 AM »

John and I are in Spain now, staying with my in laws for Christmas. This will be our view for the next 10 days  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Homemade Sauerkraut
@Home This Weekend: Stained Chairs
Tute Tuesday: Box of Chocolates Wreath

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...