A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 314,032
Currently Running With Scissors:
237 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweat Shoppe ORNAMENT Swap Round 8 (finished crafting 11/17, send by 11/20)  (Read 16208 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

RaraAvis
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #170 on: October 26, 2017 09:20:28 AM »

It looks good to me... so, this being my first sweat shoppe swap.. what do I do now?

We wait now in case there are any errors, then GatorWrangler will give the final approval to the list. When the list is finalized you may contact the people you are sending an ornament to for their address. Then once you have finished crafting contact GatorWrangler are she will make you name green on the front page. Once your name is green you are allowed to start sending to other people that have finished crafting and are green.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cabaute

Fickle Crafter Extraordinaire

A loving heart is the truest wisdom. -Dickens

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #171 on: October 26, 2017 12:52:38 PM »

It looks good to me... so, this being my first sweat shoppe swap.. what do I do now?

:)We wait now in case there are any errors, then GatorWrangler will give the final approval to the list. When the list is finalized you may contact the people you are sending an ornament to for their address. Then once you have finished crafting contact GatorWrangler are she will make you name green on the front page. Once your name is green you are allowed to start sending to other people that have finished crafting and are green.

Ah!  So mine are done but my name is not green yet, so just putting that down to be sure it is clear for when we get ready to start.  I wasn't sure whether it was important or not.  I guess also if people prefer a specific color I might need to make more?  But I'd planned on randomly sending the ones that are done unless someone has a strong preference.  Is it OK if I send each person an extra ornament?  I made a bunch of snowflakes that need homes.  Don't want to get pulled over by swap police though!   Grin

(Those darker parts are silvery sparkles, FWIW).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017 09:23:07 AM by cabaute » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/cabaute/
Yay!  I had a featured project! Faux Taxidermy introducing Sheldon, the Shoebill Crane
I love personal swaps!
GatorWrangler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: October 26, 2017 01:10:43 PM »

Thanks, RaraAvis for explaining so well!

The list is now official! You have to be finished crafting and pm me that you are green by 11/17 and the send date deadline is 11/20.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #173 on: October 26, 2017 01:14:01 PM »

We wait now in case there are any errors, then GatorWrangler will give the final approval to the list. When the list is finalized you may contact the people you are sending an ornament to for their address. Then once you have finished crafting contact GatorWrangler are she will make you name green on the front page. Once your name is green you are allowed to start sending to other people that have finished crafting and are green.

OK, think I got it - thanks.

I am done the crafting - but can't send until the people on my list are also done - good to know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gala_apples
« Reply #174 on: October 26, 2017 01:51:39 PM »

Yeah, it's to try to prevent flaking, not sending to people who haven't finished yet. But this swap is usually good for keeping those types away anyway, I wouldn't be worried.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
Homerof2

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 26, 2017 09:14:44 PM »

I've already told this to the people I'm sending to but also wanted to let the people who are sending to me know ...

we leave early in the morning for a 10 day holiday and I won't be able to get on Craftster before we return on November 5th.  Once we are back, I'll answer any PMs I've received.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017 09:15:12 PM by Homerof2 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

------------
Needing an on-line break ... I'll be back later in 2018.
------------
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: October 26, 2017 09:27:51 PM »

I've just sent messages to the people I'm sending to as well. We leave on Saturday and won't be home again until Nov. 2. I'm taking my laptop but don't know if I'll have time or Internet access while I'm gone.

Happy crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
60/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
Ninaprettyballerina
« Reply #177 on: October 27, 2017 02:17:52 AM »

here are my finished ones. The one that isnt chosen will be mine Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mlsocci74

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #178 on: October 27, 2017 07:47:57 AM »

Looks great and I am seriously stoked.  So much more awesomeness will be on my tree this year!!!!  Was way too hard to narrow my list down. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #179 on: October 27, 2017 08:47:35 AM »

The snowflakes are lovely! And those hearts are super beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: The Red, White, and Blue
May 23, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Candy Wrapper Bracelet

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...