A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News: Kindness Craft Challenge   Vote for your favorite entry by Sunday, October 15!
Total Members: 314,457
Currently Running With Scissors:
487 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What Lies Beneath  (Read 593 times)
Tags for this thread: painting , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

andralynn
« on: September 27, 2017 01:16:05 PM »

Continuing with the slightly darker vibe that seems to be sneaking into all my recent work, here is my latest painting. Does anyone else create art that reflects their mood, or is that just me?  Roll Eyes

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandit1990

Not currently interested in personal swaps

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017 08:18:18 AM »

This is a really awesome piece. It has an odd sense of serenity, with the soft moonlight while still managing to be foreboding.
I also went and checked out your Etsy Smiley Didn't find this piece though, but it was enjoyable seeing your artwork. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craft all the things!
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017 09:58:23 AM »

Wow, this is spectacular.  How big is it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
andralynn
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017 10:47:01 AM »

This is a really awesome piece. It has an odd sense of serenity, with the soft moonlight while still managing to be foreboding.
I also went and checked out your Etsy Smiley Didn't find this piece though, but it was enjoyable seeing your artwork. Smiley

Thank you! It doesn't really fit with my "happy" artwork that people buy for their nurseries etc., so I didn't list it in my shop. Honestly, I'm not sure what to do with it! I may have to create an alter ego to sell this sort of thing. Haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

andralynn
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017 10:49:06 AM »

Wow, this is spectacular.  How big is it?

Thank you! It's pretty big... 30 x 24 inches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandit1990

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017 05:33:58 AM »

Thank you! It doesn't really fit with my "happy" artwork that people buy for their nurseries etc., so I didn't list it in my shop. Honestly, I'm not sure what to do with it! I may have to create an alter ego to sell this sort of thing. Haha.

I think an alter Ego would be a fun idea to do; you could appeal to an older group. I liked your cute painting, but they're not really my style. Do you have any other paintings that you've done is this adult style?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craft all the things!
andralynn
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017 07:25:43 AM »

I think an alter Ego would be a fun idea to do; you could appeal to an older group. I liked your cute painting, but they're not really my style. Do you have any other paintings that you've done is this adult style?

Here's another one I did recently that also doesn't quite fit with my other art. I sold it already --
 so I guess there must be a market for this kind of art!
 Cheesy I guess I just need to figure out my alter ego.
 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandit1990

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017 07:40:52 AM »

Here's another one I did recently that also doesn't quite fit with my other art. I sold it already --
 so I guess there must be a market for this kind of art!
 Cheesy I guess I just need to figure out my alter ego.
 Cheesy https://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/248732_29Sep17_FullSizeRender_4_.jpg

That's also a very interesting piece! And the fact that you already sold it is a for sure sign that there's an additional market there! Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017 10:20:35 AM by rackycoo - Reason: please don't quote photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craft all the things!
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017 01:00:02 PM »

Oooooh, deliciously creepy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2014" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017 10:21:45 AM »

Congrats! This has been chosen as a Featured Project! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Top Hat
They Only Love You For Your Brain
Meatless Monday: Creamy Spinach and Potato Baked Eggs

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...