A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 321,154
Currently Running With Scissors:
201 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule Term 2017/18*~ Join anytime!  (Read 33990 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #180 on: November 19, 2017 11:00:35 AM »

I love your baby sets and quilts Jennie, the colour schemes are gorgeous

Class,: charms
SPEW: reinstall reading volunteers
House : ravenclaw
Project: wonder words
One of the children I volunteer reading with is EAL (English as an additional language) so although she is very bright her limited vocabulary holds her back. I made up this game to revise new words we come across - if she can use the word in a sentence without reading the definition on the back she gets a point Smiley I made up about 30 cards with words we've already looked at, plus the box - I'll add more words as we come across them in our reading together - I'm also thinking I might turn this into a part of a bigger game but I haven't worked that idea out yet. Hopefully this craft will make a lot of noise as we discuss words and make up example sentences

Challenge: Detention November
House: ravenclaw
Project: smashbook
I have been meaning to start a new smashbook for a few months, since my old one is full. I finally got around it it. I cut a hole in the cover to display this swatch of knitted up handspun yarn on the front, and as I'd collected a fair few bits to go inside I could even finish the first few pages, including making pockets to keep mail from my penpal (my cousin's 10 year old son! He's fab!)

Class: transfiguration
Project: button replacement
My hufflepuff friend was uncharacteristically grumpy the other day, because (as she explained) all the buttons had come off her coat so she needed to buy a new one! Well, you imagine my response to that! I sent her off to buy buttons, she chose all purposefully miss-matched ones, so when I sewed them on not only did she save money and recycle, but she got a unique personal improvement to her old one too!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017 03:59:06 PM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

« Reply #181 on: November 20, 2017 03:36:33 AM »

Deputy Noods casts the homunculus charm - we are here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

« Reply #182 on: November 20, 2017 04:35:36 AM »

There's a anew Floo challenge up!

This week we are in...
Mongolia
The Mongolian people are nearly all nomadic, moving with their herds - yak, sheep, camels, goats and most importantly horses. In traditional belief, the first foal born of the year is a sacred animal and has a blue scarf tied around it's neck - it is never ridden and is seen to represent the strength of the year's new borns.
For this challenge please make a blue gift for a person, animal or plant that you love and hold precious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

I'm alive!

« Reply #183 on: November 20, 2017 05:52:51 AM »

noodle, I love those words. clever!

Class,: headmistress November
House : ravenclaw
Project: Another sweater quilt.
Project link https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=453750.0 There are some tips to make one of these here.
Description I actually love recycling, these were a bunch of jumpers aka sweaters, from the thrift store aka charity shop. I needed a nice warm blanket for my little kinda chilly house, So I made this. I have been carting the squares around for a while now, but I finally finished it. it is backed with a thrifted fleecy blanket and the whole lot tied together, with a lot of hand stitching to fix the binding.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2017 05:53:26 AM by edelC » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My hair is coming back. I am getting better and I'm starting to craft again. Hit me up if you want a personal swap

www.pinterest.com/edelc
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: November 20, 2017 09:17:15 AM »

The new issue of Witch Weekly has hit the news stands! Be sure to pick up a copy and see which witch (or wizard) has been named Witch of the Week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

« Reply #185 on: November 20, 2017 04:21:16 PM »

Challenge: Ironchef Nov
Project: veg n lentil soup
Soup served with (shop brought) honey and fig bread, plus a side salad.
Honey isn't strictly speaking vegan, but I don't really like it so I haven't bothered finding an alternative, and when I saw this bread I knew that Tom would love it with soup, so I decided to bed the rules a little (he never complains about having to veganise for me, so I figure I can compromise for him too sometimes)

soup recipe:
wash & Dice an onion, 3 carrots, a potato, 9/10 stalks of celery. whizz in a frying pan for a couple of mins with a bit of oil.
rinse 150g red lentils. stick lentils & veg in a saucepan with a litre a half of water. throw in some parsley, some cumin, a dash of lee & perins sauce, a blob of marmite and a generous pinch of nutritional yeast. simmer for 30 mins with lid on.
mash up everything a bit with a potato masher (extent of mashing depends on how chunky you like soup and how much arm effort your willing to give it. I go for minimal mashing). add 100g of puy lentils. simmer with lid on for a further 20 mins, then take lid off to reduce more if you want a less liquid soup (I tend to blast it for a couple of mins right at the end, since i like really solid soups). serve.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #186 on: November 20, 2017 05:31:08 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: The Shreking Shack
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Baby boy knits
Project Page Link (if available): https://youtu.be/KJr2iYT43YA
Brief Description: TONS of people knit.  But no one *here* "European" knits. My mother, Netchez, European knits. Her mother European knitted.  Mom taught ME to European knit.  Everywhere we go people want us to teach THEM how to knit like us, because it's so much faster and easier on the hands.  (And we don't call it European knitting.  We just call it *knitting*.  Rofl)   I knitted this little blue set of hat, mitts, and leg warmers using the European style.  Btw, that's not how you hold your yarn.  Please ignore her comment about "conventional".  If it wasn't, or hadn't been, the "conventional style" SOME WHERE it wouldn't have lasted long enough to be the style I was taught.  *cringe*
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: November 20, 2017 05:33:27 PM by midkiffsjoy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: November 22, 2017 02:37:13 PM »

Challenge: Headmistress - Puking Pastilles #1
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Link:  Vanilla Spice Nut Mix  and Toasted Chili Almonds

Brief Description: I made two appetizers to bring to our Friendsgiving celebration.  And the recipes actually made so much that I was able to package some up as a gift to share with our neighbors as well.  Smiley
Project Picture:

Challenge: Headmistress - Puking Pastilles #2
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Recipe Link: Bath Bombs!
Brief Description: I whipped up a few bath product recipes for a friend's birthday, and this one is certainly my favorite.  Big huge, happy, highly scented bath bombs.  I used an apple & rose scent oil, and molded them in my silicone cupcake molds, before tying them up in plastic bags with yarn to match the gift basket I made her.   
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017 01:35:35 PM by Mistress Jennie - Reason: fixing typo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

I'm alive!

« Reply #188 on: November 23, 2017 04:31:34 AM »

Jennie, they look amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My hair is coming back. I am getting better and I'm starting to craft again. Hit me up if you want a personal swap

www.pinterest.com/edelc
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

I'm alive!

« Reply #189 on: November 23, 2017 04:47:33 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Head. Puking pastilles challenge #1
SPEW: volunteering with my refugee group
Project Name: Waldof stars
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: The refugees in the group that I work with are in what we call direct provision, they are in mobile homes, in a purpose built area, with a community centre, kitchen etc and so I thought a craft that would allow them to brighten up their (and my) living spaces coming  up to christmas. These waldorf stars are not simple to make, but not too difficult, they require a bit of concentration, so great and therapeutic when you're in need of distraction. We used kite paper (I think this is also called glassine paper) it is translucent and comes already cut into squares. There are a ton of patterns online. They look nothing when you are making them, it is only when you put them in the window and the light shines through, that they look magic. You can use tissue paper, it is just not as strong and the colours don't last as long. We made all these. I made a white and a yellow one.
Project Picture:

and then I brought them back to work to decorate my office window
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.pinterest.com/edelc
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Messenger Bag
Black and White and Red All Over
Meatless Monday: Summer Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...