A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, it's time to show off your TREE!  Show off your flocking and garland with us this year.
Total Members: 319,835
Currently Running With Scissors:
231 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bangers and Mash  (Read 310 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

storerboughtcreations
« on: September 07, 2017 08:32:04 PM »

A little while back, I made Super Sausage for my niece. Tonight I finished Super Spud, and together they form the dynamic duo, BANGERS AND MASH!

I thought I made a community post for Super Sausage when I made him, but it appears I only shared him in the Nerd Games, so I'll share photos of Super Sausage first, followed by his sidekick, Super Spud.

Super Sausage was made following this pattern. I made an alteration to his superhero logo by adding sausage links to fit his persona.

My niece was in love with him. She still is, but even more so with the addition of his sidekick.

Now on to Super Spud... I came across a pattern for something called a Pug-tato. I showed it to my sister, QueenHobo, and together we came up with a new super dog. The idea for him has been brewing for a while, so yesterday I finally started him, and I finished it today. I didn't follow a pattern, but I did use photos from the Pug-tato pin I found to inspire me.

Here's what I did:
Body:
Using a G (4.25mm) hook and worsted weight yarn,
MR: 6 sc
R2. Inc x6 (12)
R3: (sc, inc) x6 (18)
R4: (2 sc, inc) x6 (24)
R5: (3 sc, inc) x6 (30)
R6: (4 sc, inc) x6 (36)
R7: (5 sc, inc) x6 (42)
R8: (6 sc, inc) x6 (48)
R9-24: sc around (48)  - 16 rows
Place saftey eyes (12mm) between rows 10 & 11, with 6 stitches between.
R25: (6 sc, dec) x6 (42)
R26: (5 sc, dec) x6 (36)
R27: (4 sc, dec) x6 (30)
R28: (3 sc, dec) x6 (24)
Begin stuffing.
R29: (2 sc, dec) x6 (18)
R30: (sc, dec) x6 (12)
Finish stuffing firmly.
R31: (dec) x6 (6)
Finish off, use end to sew opening closed

Tail:
Using the same color as the body, ch 8. Starting in 2nd ch from hook, work 2 sc in each ch (14).
This will make the tail curl around like a corkscrew. Leave a tail long enough to sew to the back of the body.

Using felt and the picture as a guide, cut out mouth and ear pieces and sew to the body. Use black embroidery floss to stitch a smile onto the muzzle. You may find embroidering on the smile easier BEFORE sewing onto the face.

For the cape, starting with red, chain 87. Starting in second chain from hook, sc across (86)
Finish off red, weave in ends.
With blue, skip the first 31 stitches of the red strip. Attach in 32nd stitch and sc a total of 24 stitches across. Leave the remaining 31 stitches unworked. Ch 1, turn. (24)
R2: sc in first stitch, inc in next, sc to last two stitches. Inc, sc in last stitch. Ch 1, turn. (26)
R3 & 4: sc across. Ch 1, turn.
R5: sc in first stitch, inc in next, sc to last two stitches. Inc, sc in last stitch. Ch 1, turn. (28)
R6 & 7: sc across. Ch 1, turn.
R8: sc in first stitch, inc in next, sc to last two stitches. Inc, sc in last stitch. Ch 1, turn. (30)
R9 & 10: sc across. Ch 1, turn.
R11: sc in first stitch, inc in next, sc to last two stitches. Inc, sc in last stitch. Ch 1, turn. (32)
R12 & 13: sc across.
R14: sc in first stitch, inc in next, sc to last two stitches. Inc, sc in last stitch. (34)
Finish off. Weave in ends.
With right side facing, attach blue in the side of the first row near red strip. Sc in each stitch along the side, work 3 sc in the bottom cormer, sc along the bottom, work 3 sc in the corner, and sc along the final side, finishing off when you reach the red strip. Weave in ends.

Using the photo as a guide, cut out a potato shape from felt, attach to the cape, and add several small x's like potato eyes.

Tie the cape around your new super hero, and play away!

« Last Edit: September 07, 2017 08:54:54 PM by storerboughtcreations » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pottermouth
Crochet Moderator
Vintage Crafts Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017 08:39:29 PM »

They are super in more ways than one! Thanks for sharing the duo here and for the pattern too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roler
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017 11:09:52 PM »

Wow, I loved Sausage, but love Spud even more!! So cute!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata
Oh, deer!
@Home This Weekend: Stylish Jacket For Your Pooch

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...