A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
December Announcement: It's time for our Eighth Annual Gingerbread Contest!  Craft and enter a project for a chance to win a prize!
Total Members: 314,823
Currently Running With Scissors:
213 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fall Nerd Battles 2017: September 1 - November 30, 2017 ~*Join Anytime*~  (Read 15256 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator
Crafting for Good Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2017 02:21:04 PM »

Research Project Proposals

Research Project Name:  Junk Journals
Team:  Randomizer
Brief Description:  I am going to make a few (at least two, maybe three or four) smaller-ish junk journals to use as examples for an upcoming workshop I am leading.  At least one will be ring bound, and one will be twine bound.  I need to figure out an decent option for covers, binding variations, and embellishments.

Research Project Name:  Junk Journal Workshop Supplies
Team: Randomizer
Brief Description:  I presenting a workshop on journaling for mental health, and during the second half we will be creating handmade junk journals.  I need to assemble kits of supplies for the attendees.  It will involve researching/trying out best options for beginning crafters, and creating or preparing many of the supplies, such as cutting down/preparing journal covers, pre-cutting pages, pre-embellishing some elements, making tons of ribbon paper clips, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2017 03:54:58 PM »

~*Congratulations, storerboughtcreations!*~
You are the first to earn the "Dr Who" challenge badge.

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges.  

*Once revealed, a badge can be found in the Badge Center.*
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017 11:41:03 AM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2017 03:57:57 PM »

~*Congratulations, RedheadWithThread!*~
You are the first to earn the "Anime" challenge badge.

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges.  

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017 04:01:57 PM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi

« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2017 04:02:55 PM »

~*Congratulations, roler!*~
You are the first to earn the "Harry Potter" challenge badge.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2017 04:56:17 PM »

storeboughtccreations: you are the crochet queen!  Amazing work.

roler: awww, that's an adorable kitty magnet! Felt is not an easy medium to get to look good, and your stitches are impeccable.

I have a big time project, probably even if I'd just made the one, but of course I had to test the pattern, so....

Prompt: Big time #1
Team: Textbook
Bonus Points: Community, Engineering, Swaptastic
Project Name: Monster Mack
Project Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=453162.0
Brief Description:
Just a girl playing with yarn free-forming a monster and trying to write down the pattern as she went.  The second one is for my STS Swap Shop, because I know he fits the pattern and I can make more like him.  The lighter one is the original and will go to a monster-loving friend as a one-off.  Pattern in the link!

Project Photo:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunny1kenobi

« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2017 04:58:51 PM »

adorable monsters!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

QueenHobo
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2017 02:03:32 AM »

Loving all these fun projects people have posted! I'll try to comment tomorrow.

Prompt: September - Harry Potter -
Team: Multimedia
Project Name: Harry Potter cross stitch
Brief Description: I had a lot of trouble coming up with something to make for this prompt because there are soooooo many ideas out there! Then SBC came across this picture and I loved it. I thought it would be perfect to cross stitch and hang it in my bathroom hahaha
Project Photo:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator
Crafting for Good Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2017 02:19:50 AM »

QueenHobo - That shark blanket is so wonderful, and the tiny sloth is adorable!  That HP cross stitch is too funny! 

storerboughtcreations - Those Halloween sweaters are so CUTE!  And holy EPIC! project, that TARDIS is AMAZING!  Super Spud is fantastic, and I actually lol'd at Bangers and Mash.  Too perfect!  The soot sprite is adorable, too, especially with the little stars, and the frog is so cute!  I love its happy face.  Great sock monkeys and red bunny, too!

roler - I always love seeing your uchiwa fans!  So very very cool!  Thanks for sharing your process, too!  And you know I love your felt kitties!  I look at mine everyday and smile. Grin

RedheadWithThread - Haha, I love the toddler harness!  It looks great, and hopefully it is helpful for you. Cheesy  A very nice dice bag, too!

Noxika - All of your dolls are just so delightful and detailed!  Wonderful crafting, as always.  I can't even pick a favorite.  I love seeing the different techniques your trying, and the unique styles you bring to each one.

Smeddley - Those are adorable monsters!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi

« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2017 08:41:26 AM »

The HP cross stitch is cute- made me chuckle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2017 08:07:36 PM »

Prompt: September Battle Royale: Monster Movies

Bonus Points: WIP

Project Name: Face Wall-Hanging

Project Link:

Brief Description:  This guy was sitting around for the longest time unglazed, and I finally forced myself to just finish him. He is a little bit reminiscent of the Invisible Man (does that count as a monster movie?).

Project Picture:

Prompt: September : Star Wars

Bonus Points: WIP

Project Name: Another Lidded Pot

Project Link:

Brief Description: Another one I finally decided to finish. When the lid is on, it's very dark inside. You can open the lid to let in the light : )

Project Picture:

Prompt: September: Anime

Bonus Points:

Project Name: Thrown and Carved Cups

Project Link:

Brief Description: These are thrown cups that I then carved. The carving starts off as "drawing" a little bit in the clay before scooping it out.

Project Picture:

Prompt: September: Harry Potter

Bonus Points:

Project Name: Sketchbook Re-bind

Project Link:

Brief Description:  For the first time ever, I finally convinced myself to do the Brooklyn Art Library Sketchbook Project. When I got the book in the mail, I knew that it just wouldn't suffice as is, so I took it apart, cut some new paper to add in, and re-bound it. It reminds me a little bit of Tom Riddle's diary.

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Holiday Lantern
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Danish Heart Basket
O, Christmas Tree

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...