A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, it's time to show off your TREE!  Show off your flocking and garland with us this year.
Total Members: 319,835
Currently Running With Scissors:
229 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fall Nerd Battles 2017: September 1 - November 30, 2017 ~*Join Anytime*~  (Read 15371 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2017 06:42:32 PM »

storerboughtcreations-
*Your tardis came out amazing! I can only imagine how fiddly the roof was to put together-so many pieces! How big is it overall?
* And, OMG! Bangers and Mash! I think I almost spewed my beverage when I read that. Super Spud is fantastic!
*I love your Soot Sprite, and the idea to crochet around a tennis ball is a clever one. Ive never tried to crochet around an object like that- was it difficult? And, Im always amazed at how fuzzy acrylic yarn can be when its brushed. Much better to work with plain acrylic and then brush it than to work with some of those fuzzy yarns!

RedheadWithThread-
*Good job sorting out how to do the toddler harness. Kids grow so fast (and move so fast, too) so having it adjustable is a great idea!
*Nice job on another dicebag! I like how they seem to have such a nice shape. Do you use a heavyweight stabilizer in them?

Noxika-
*Great job on the latest Harley Quinn! I really liked her in Suicide Squad, too, and again, your attention to detail is impressive. I love the dyed hair!
*Poison Ivy is also fabulous (I love her green lips). Her costume looks great!

Congratulations again to bunny1kenobi, QueenHobo, and storerboughtcreations on your Featured Projects! Go Nerds!! And, Smeddley, thanks for keeping track of the accomplishments of the Nerdy crew!

I haven't crafted anything, yet! I need to dig out the supplies I need for my Battle project. I know exactly what I'm making, but the house is in such an uproar, nothing is where it belongs.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017 06:42:57 PM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2017 06:54:38 PM »

roler the uchiwa is very striking! EL wire is new to me, but now I want to try it out, it looks fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

storerboughtcreations
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2017 09:08:50 PM »

Thank you so much for all of the TARDIS love. It's 4.5" wide and 8.5 inches tall without the lid. With the lid, it's 10" tall, not counting the light.

I have to thank QueenHobo for helping me create Bangers and Mash. I think she even came up with the name. Thanks, sis!

Crocheting around the ball wasn't hard at all. I started with 6 sc around, and increased until it fit snug (about 5 rounds). Then I crocheted around for four rows and then fit around he ball. I kept working around without decreasing until the I reached the top slope. The. I decreased every round until I was back down to 6 sc and finished off. I find it much harder to knit around a ball. Ooh! I have to share my throwbacks still. I have the perfect project showing this when I post. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017 09:35:28 PM by storerboughtcreations » THIS ROCKS   Logged
storerboughtcreations
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2017 09:30:04 PM »

Prompt: Throwback
Team: Multimedia
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Knit frog
Project Link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ribbit
Brief Description: This knit frog is the reason I even had any tennis balls sitting around to crochet my soot sprite around. The bottom of the body is knit around a tennis ball. I ended up giving this to my favorite doctor as a going away present to give to her son when she moved away back when I lived in WA. He loved to throw it apparently. Smiley I have to say, it was WAY easier to crochet around the tennis ball.
Project Picture:

Prompt: Throwback
Bonus Points:
Project Name: sock monkey 1
Project Link: (if available)
Brief Description: I knit this sock monkey for a coworker 5 years ago. I love how it looks.
Project Picture:

Prompt:  Throwback
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Sock monkey 2
Brief Description: I wasn't as happy with how this monkey turned out. I made it for the same coworker 5 years ago. I worked for the Washington State University creamery, which is why this one is holding an ice cream sandwich. Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
storerboughtcreations
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2017 04:37:10 PM »

Prompt: September - Battle - Classic Movie Monsters
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Frankenstein sweater
Brief Description: Frankenstein's monster is a classic movie monster. I decided to make a second Halloween themed sweater, this time for my niece. She was hard to photograph in this one because she kept fidgeting and being a goofball, so I'm glad I got a decent flat shot so you can see it better. Smiley We went outside so I could get some truer to color shots (I hate photographing purples... they're a pain), and we went outside barefoot. We both burned the bottoms of our feet on the white concrete out back. 107 is too hot for even white concrete I guess.
Project Picture:

and just to show how goofy she was being...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2017 05:13:59 PM »

Just peeking in to say 'DAMN!  That's one adorable monster sweater!'
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roler
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2017 02:16:39 AM »

Prompt: September - Harry Potter
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Kitty Magnet
Brief Description:
I made this prize for the second of two winners in Katsuyuki Moray's first ever Instagram giveaway.  The winner of this prize has a grey kitty with a blue scarf, so I designed the kitty around those colors... which also happen to be Ravenclaw colors (movie version)!  Every single time I've taken a house quiz, I've gotten an almost even split between Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw.  To be honest if I had to choose I'd probably go Hufflepuff, but I feel very close to Ravenclaw too! Smiley
Project Photo:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
storerboughtcreations
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2017 02:20:24 AM »

very cute kitty magnet, Roler! I love how each and every magnet has its own personality. I can totally see you in either Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. I think I see you a little more in Ravenclaw though. You're so smart and quick witted. Though your punny side probably more belongs in Hufflepuff. Smiley

And I have to say, I love your profile pic! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
storerboughtcreations
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2017 03:32:21 AM »

Thank you, Mistress Jennie, for the kind words about the sweater. Smiley

Prompt: September - Harry Potter
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Red bunny
Brief Description: QueenHobo got this yarn from a friend, and she couldn't think of anything to make with it, so she gave it to me. I wanted to make a teddy bear with it, but the pattern I love to use is too big for the amount of yarn I had to work with. Then I remembered this pattern, and decided I'd make a bunny. I got to use an L (8.0mm) hook, which I hardly ever use. I was sorted into Slytherin (76% Slytherin on the Pottermore - all possible questions - sorting quiz). I decided to make a yellow rose to make the bunny Gryfindor colors though, because my niece hasn't been sorted into a house, and she's in the middle of having the second HP book read to her as a bedtime story currently, so I thought I'd stick with the more popular Gryfindor for her.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2017 07:39:22 AM »

What a cute kitty, roler!
Another adorable sweater, sbc?! Tic-tac-toe, 3 in a row!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata
Oh, deer!
@Home This Weekend: Stylish Jacket For Your Pooch

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...