A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 314,254
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fall Nerd Battles 2017: September 1 - November 20, 2017 ~*Join Anytime*~  (Read 4555 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2017 06:36:12 PM »

Congrats, you 3!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
storerboughtcreations
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2017 08:39:22 PM »

Prompt: September - Superheroes
Team: Multimedia
Bonus Points: Engineering, Community, Brain Power
Project Name: Super Spud!
Project Link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=453113.0
Brief Description: Remember Super Sausage? Well, he needed a sidekick. So meet Super Spud! Together, they are Bangers and Mash! For a bunch more photos, please follow the project link. You'll find the pattern for Super Spud posted there.
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: September 07, 2017 08:44:01 PM by storerboughtcreations » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2017 11:38:20 PM »

Ahhhh! Super Spud just stole my heart!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2017 07:32:53 AM »

Super Spud is super!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
storerboughtcreations
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2017 05:25:54 PM »

Thank you for the kind words regarding Super Spud. I love how dumpy he turned out. He's fast like a potato!

Prompt: September - Anime
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Soot/Dust sprite
Project Link:
Brief Description: In My Neighbor Totoro this is called a dust sprite. In Spirited Away it's a soot sprite. Whatever you want to call it, it's adorable. I can never make anything nice for myself (except my TARDIS, because I told people I'd beat them up if they stole it) because people claim the things I make as theirs. QueenHobo claimed this sprite as I was adding the stars to the body.

The body of the sprite is actually crocheted around a tennis ball. After crocheting entirely around the ball, I attached 2.5 inch long strands of black yarn all the way around and brushed it with a wire pet brush. I then wrapped some pipe cleaners with black yarn and attached to the body, added some stars, and glued on safety eyes. I was hoping it would be bouncy, but all of the yarn padding impedes the bounce. It helps it keep a nice round, firm shape though.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
QueenHobo
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2017 05:27:40 PM »

Mine! Cheesy thank you SBC I love my little soot sprite <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2017 06:47:34 PM »

He's as adorable as Super Spud!

You'd better, or I'll let my friend the Totoro fan know it isn't being cherished and she'll come and take it  Wink
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017 06:48:24 PM by Calabaza » THIS ROCKS   Logged
storerboughtcreations
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2017 06:50:35 PM »

You'd better, or I'll let my friend the Totoro fan know it isn't being cherished and she'll come and take it  Wink

LOL! Calabaza, you're too funny! I can see this MINE! NO, MINE! screaming matching happening. My niece walked in the craft room an hour ago and asked if I could make the fuzzy thing like I made her mom because mom has too many things going on right now to make her one. If there's a Miyazaki specific prompt later, I may have to make another one for her to cover the prompt. Wink *Hint, hint, LovelyMiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Noxika

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2017 03:57:41 AM »

SBC, I LOVE your TARDIS, too! It is so perfectly perfect, it even has the lil door sign. And Eee, YOUR SOOT SPRITE IS AMAZINNGG!! All your amis are wonderful, but that lil sprite is just ♥♥♥! 

Hmm. The only thing I can think of for the mini light would be those strings of novelty LED lights you can get, I've seen some shaped like super mini Christmas lights. But .. that's too many lights. :/ Could you maybe make one with friendly plastic or something and add the LED?

RedheadWithThread, Cute harness, and that dicebag is a thing of beauty; love the fabric you chose.

Congrats SBC, QueenHobo and Bunny. Fabulous projects, well deserved!~

~
Prompt:  Big Time #1
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Harley Quinn v2
Project Link:
Brief Description: When I was reading the Harley Quinn Rebirth comics I knew I had to make a Harley and Ivy set of dolls. I made the second Harley with a paler skin tone and added her 'Rotten' tattoo on her cheek. I fell in love with Harley when I saw Suicide Squad, and I really enjoy making dolls of her, but her hair is a bit of a PITA to dye & attach, aha.
Project Picture:

Prompt:  Big Time #2
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Poison Ivy
Project Link: -
Brief Description: I based her design on the HQ Rebirth comics. If I make her again, I'd probably add a bit more black to her torso, but overall, I think she turned out super cute - I really love how her hair turned out (makes me want to make a Little Mermaid plush, hee).
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

All we have to decide is what to craft with the time given to us.
Smeddley

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2017 08:45:31 AM »

Storeboughtcreations - that Tardis is amazing!  And I love love love SuperSpud AND your Soot Sprite (they will always be Soot Sprites to me!).  I once brushed some yarn I added to a doll as hair, I think as much came off in the brush as stayed on... but it's definitely the only way to get that really, full, soft look.

RedheadWithThread - nice dice bag - it looks like it has a good flat bottom , does it stand up well?  I have a dice bag pattern but it's crocheted, and it takes forever...  and is more limited in size.  I like that one!

Noxika - your dolls are just amazing.  Really amazing.  I am in awe of anyone who can make dolls, I can't mange to sew anything that small!  And your hair work is perfect.  And the painted faces!  We'll just go back to "amazing", shall we? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Suit Jacket Purse
Best Friends
Whale what do we have here?

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...