A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 314,258
Currently Running With Scissors:
397 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC Swap -- August 2017 Gallery!  (Read 2911 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

rockingbearranch
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: August 01, 2017 07:19:00 AM »

Artists: mandykaye, emilywilde, bunny1kenobi

The Discussion Thread is HERE.

The Claiming Thread is HERE.

Post pictures of the ATCs you receive for August below.

Helpful comments are welcome! Non-swappers too!

~-~-~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

curiousfae

mecca-lecca-hi mecca-hiney-ho!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017 05:48:46 PM »

I get to start the gallery off with this card from bigbangmomma for my theme "a portrait of your pet"-

This is Mia, a rescued terrier mix. So cute!

She actually looks a lot like out girl, Piccolo, who is a Jack Russel terrier. Same coloring right down to the pink collar!

Thank you for the sweet card and for rescuing her giving her a good home. We need more people like you!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017 04:33:24 PM by curiousfae » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

I can't keep calm...I'm a GOALIE mom!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017 05:59:26 PM »

Thank you. Pet portraits are not easy for me, but I decided to choose a more challenging-and fun- theme. Glad you like it...and her!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ongoing ATC August 0/0/4
Mini 12 Days of Christmas: Crafting!
Pumpkin Everything Swap: Organizing and Crafting!
rockingbearranch

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017 07:10:21 PM »

I love the graphic style with splashes of pink.

BigBangMomma made this birds in flight card. The owl is wishing the night goodbye and the birds are saying hello to the day. The symbolism is wonderful. Thank you!

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017 07:29:17 PM by rockingbearranch » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

I can't keep calm...I'm a GOALIE mom!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017 05:41:19 AM »

Thank you rockingbearranch for this awesome H atc for my Doctor Who alphabet collection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ongoing ATC August 0/0/4
Mini 12 Days of Christmas: Crafting!
Pumpkin Everything Swap: Organizing and Crafting!
curiousfae

mecca-lecca-hi mecca-hiney-ho!

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017 11:36:31 AM »

Woah! Great job on the Handbot. I remember this episode. They creep-ed me out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patraw

Spit happens.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017 01:40:39 PM »

@BigBangMama: Mia looks like a fun furry friend and she definitely has an interesting fur pattern on her head.  Is the rest of her body completely white?

The birds in flight is a cool mixed media piece.  To me, it seems like the smaller flying birds have disturbed the owl's sleep and it's all like, "What's the rush?  It's nap time!"  The owl design has kind of a stained glass quality to it that I also like.

@rockingbearranch:  Never heard of a Handbot (I've only watched like one or two episodes of Dr. Who in my life), but it's a freaky-looking mechanoid.  The spherical head does remind me of the Spider-man villain Mysterio though.  The figure and text look good and I also dig the background (pencil?) shading too; gives it the feel of an old school B&W horror book illustration to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Patraw

Spit happens.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017 10:46:23 AM »

My first swapped ATC of the month arrived yesterday afternoon.  Mandykaye, a fellow Michigander, chose my "2NE1" theme. 2NE1 ("To anyone") was a four-woman (CL, Minzy, Bom, and Sandara) South Korean pop band that debuted in 2009 and broke up in 2016. I had never heard of 2NE1 until earlier this year when, on a whim, I picked up a 2-disc set of Korean pop music (dance music on one disc, ballads on the other), which featured two of their songs, "Ugly" and "Hate You", and I was immediately captivated with the latter in particular.

I don't understand a word of Korean, but, thankfully, the titles of those two songs, but not the name of the group itself, were listed in English on the back of the CD jewel case, so, with a little bit of Googling, all was revealed to me. I've spent many hours over the last several months listening to, and watching, their various music videos on YouTube, doing my best to permanently burn 2NE1's music into my brain. Be thankful that you don't have the misfortune of living with me, because, when I really like a song, I'll literally play it on repeat, at full blast, for hours and hours at a time. Professional torturers got nothing on me.

I like almost all of their music, but, here are five of my favorite tracks, if you're interested in seeing/listening to some of their work (and there's plenty more on YouTube if you do a search for 2NE1):

"Can't Nobody"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihi_kJJj_8A
"Hate You"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB5jyYD2WEw
"Lollipop" (w/Big Bang, a boy band from their record label)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIRW_elc-rY
"Come Back Home"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLbfv-AAyvQ
"Don't Stop the Music"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5ekB4l-6wg

Like the last time I received an ATC from her, Mandykaye made a unique envelope from scratch to send the card in, using what I believe is a page from a magazine. I subscribe to a lot of periodicals, but, unlike the previous letter, which sported Emma Watson from a Beauty and the Beast Entertainment Weekly cover, I can't say that I recognize this particular image. The photograph of a house and yard is a pleasing one though, and I like that my address is located above the "welcome" sign, right about where a mail box would be attached to the fence. The flan postage stamp is cool too, as I've never seen that foodstuff used to decorate much of anything before.  Addresses have been pixellated for privacy purposes.

Inside of the envelope was this cute card of a fuzzy little bear hunting butterflies.

And, even better, it's a pop-up card with a pretty two-tiered floral arrangement!

As for the ATC itself, in the claims thread, I indicated that the lead singer/rapper CL (Chae-rin Lee) is my favorite, so, that's what Mandykaye did.  In particular, her illustration is based on the second opening scene of the "Can't Nobody" music video I posted above, where CL is driving a car. Mandykaye noted that this was done with ink and watercolor/acrylic paint. The members of 2NE1 have sported a wide variety of hair colors/styles over the years, but CL does seem to prefer being a blonde over anything else.

For comparison purposes:

Mandykaye also included some paper extras. I'm guessing that this is a property card from a board game, but I don't recognize it, The Game of Life or Payday maybe? I dunno, Monopoly is the only one I'm familiar with in that genre.  It's interesting that the card depicts a bird, rather than a cat, with designs on that poor goldfish.

She also sent me some more paper play money (five bills totalling $1,230) which are probably also from board games. I must have been very bad, since that represents about a 94% decrease in my allowance (Mandykaye sent me a $20,000 bill last time!)

Of course, I didn't have that money for long anyway before a certain pony disappeared with it:

Thank you very much for your ATC portrait of one of my favorite ladies in the music industry, Mandykaye, and the extra TLC you put into the envelope and its contents!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017 03:08:34 PM by Patraw - Reason: replaced my crappy photo of the CD with a much sharper scan » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandykaye

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017 04:09:30 PM »

Patraw: Haha! Glad you like it! I haven't heard of the group before, but watched the video you linked and was inspired! The song was kinda catchy! The envelope was made from some ad for a lawn chemical I think, but found the message kind of fun to use! The game pieces are from various games but I believe you are right about Payday. Sorry about the decrease in allowance...I've been using it for craft/art supplies  Wink

rockingbearranch: I don't watch Dr. Who, but that looks super cool (and creepy)!!

BigBangMomma: Cute doggie portrait!! And it kinda looks like the owl is giving a "dirty" look to that "Wishing you a perfect day"! LOL I like the different styles of the night bird vs. the day birds.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ongoing ATC swaps!!!
Pinterest/Instagram
mandykaye

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017 03:55:04 PM »

I received this cute and cheerful fox ATC from BigBangMomma today!!!

Love the color palette and the cute little sleeping fox! Thanks so much!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ongoing ATC swaps!!!
Pinterest/Instagram
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Suit Jacket Purse
Best Friends

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...