A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,841
Currently Running With Scissors:
376 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 13 Days of Halloween round 9  (Read 8129 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Sarasmile
Arts and Crafts Ninja

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017 03:44:17 AM »

That is my spot, in an ever-changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, at the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

I'm finally here! Sorry for the delay!
My lovely first set of packages from Thimbles71.

Day 1
- AWESOME magnets. I LOVE the DoD skull...how creative!!

Day 2
- Super cool journals!! These are quilted fabric and then sewn onto the journal! WOW!! I have never thought about sewing on paper before!

Day 3 - Speaking of sewing on paper...WOW!! Note cards with puffy sewn on "stamps" of crows. Sooo awesome!!

Day 4
- I have always wanted a mug rug and I always forget to ask when I do a swap! I love this awesome skull one!!

Day 5 - Ok now I have terrible swap anxiety because I'm getting the distinct feeling that every package is handmade and I didn't do that  Undecided But...I LOVE everything so much!! Day 5 is the BEST!!!! It's an amazing wire pentacle and I can't wait to wear this EVERY DAY!!!! This is my first pentacle and I am so honored to have this amazing piece!

Day 6 - Oh holy cute!! I can't tell if this is handmade...it looks like it but the material is printed. I'm so confused LOL!! He is now called Boris.

Day 7 - LOVE!! I was just thinking how much I need some new pot holders...I think you can read my mind!

Day 8 - OMGOODNESS!! How cute is he??!!?? He is in an tin with an awesome mattress, blankie and pillow...and a teddy friend!!!!

Day Nine - I've been a slacker. I've been opening and taking pics and life has gotten in the way of posting  Embarrassed Day 9 are amazing crow kitchen towels!! The material is so soft!!

Day 10 - HOLY HANNAH!! This amazing junker jane right here........OMG I have no words!!!! She already has a special spot on my shelf...the love is strong.

Day 11 - Ok, so I received an amazing stitched plague doctor card and this cute little bag. When I opened the bag, I saw game pieces. It's tic tac toe!! Super cute and can't wait to play it with the kids!!

Day 12 - I'm simply blown away! This piece is amazing!! I want to take it to my office and hang it up...I have been left speechless with so many items and this is no exception.

Day 13 - I...I can't even...I just...WOW!! I honestly can't even speak. This is a HUGE quilted blanket made with the most amazing plague doctor fabric...and bats. I have no words to say how amazing this blanket is...I'm torn between not wanting to use it and carrying it around with me everywhere I go.

(Lola loves it too LOL)

Thimbles71, I bow down to your swapping skills and I thank you kindly for the amazing time and effort you put into this swap! I am appreciative and humbled by your gifts.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017 06:59:33 PM by Sarasmile » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cadet120433
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2017 10:49:42 AM »

I received an amazing package from Chr1stChan!

Day 1: We didn't number our packages, so my partner and i have free reign over picking our gift each day. So naturally, I started with treat day! A huge bag of sourpatch kids (my fav!) and spooky sugar cookies!

Day 2: An amazing knit beanie!! It fits perfectly and it's so soft!!

Day 3: Some spooky autumn kitchen goodies. I'm so in love with the color/pattern on these!

Day 4: Halloween socks and pencils!

Day 5: a cutie little jack o' lantern candle holder!

Day 6: More candle goodness! A little birdcage candle holder and some lovely autumn scented candles!

Day 7: A mini witch altar! look at all the cute little details!!

Day 8: OMG!!! Meet my new little buddy, Winifred!! I absolutely love her! I've nestled her among the gravestones and crystals on the entertainment center. She fits right in!

Ah! I got behind on my photos, so here is the rest of the amazing package!!! LOOK AT THAT OUIJA BANNER!!!!

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017 12:32:01 PM by cadet120433 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

October Crafty Inspirations! I made it!http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=361238.0
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017 08:18:54 AM »

Day 1!
I love Frankenstein and Universal Monsters. Smileyyogini made me this great jewelry box/keepsake box. It will go great in our bedroom. Also, in the box...gummi fangs!!!! YES!

Day 2
SOCKS! I collect fun socks and these are great! Also, I go to a lot of flea markets and thrift store and definitely need some hand sanitizer. Seriously, you have no idea.

Day 3
The most awesome Day of the Dead crochet garland with a very cool skull Day of the Dead charm. Right after Halloween we celebrate Day of the Dead. This will go great with out celebration.

Day 3
An awesome painted totebag! I loooooveee the Bride of Frankenstein. I will be carrying this all year long.

Day 4
A beautiful spiderweb! I put it on the floor to give you full detail but got photobombed by Maisy and Iggy.

Day 5
A cute littel ghosty! She is hanging around in my kitchen.

Day 6
Countdown to Halloween! I love vintage stuff and this fits in so well!

Day 7
LOOOOVE this crochet Spiderweb. It may live in the house all year long. It is so me!

Day 8
We celebrate Day of the Dead at out house and I also love Frida Kahlo so this amazing headband represents both. I will try to get an action shot. Also yummy treats and a spider for my charm bracelet.

Day 9
I love this mug! I saw it online and wanted it so bad. PUPPIES! Wonderful tea and a cookie for snack!

Day 10
All I need to keep me cozy! Fuzzy socks and yummy hot chocolate. I have already made a cup of the cocoa and it is SO good!

Day 11
Super duper cute stickers! Nail stickers and cut out crows! What else could a girl need?

Day 12
A very stylish velvet pumpkin! Fancy!

Day 13
The most awesome hat ever! Check out the skull! I can not wait to sport this baby around town.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017 08:37:41 AM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged

monkey_girl
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2017 07:28:13 PM »

So Calixita and I can breathe a HUGE sigh of relief as the post office finally came through with my package Cheesy

I don't have too much time right now, so I will just post a group shot of all my creepy cute packages -

Here's a close up on the zombie kitty one one of the packages, so creepy cute!

Back soon with more creepiness!

DAY ONE!

Calixita wrapped all my packages so beautifully, here's day one:

Inside was a creepy tree -made from a Pringles container I think?

The door opens to reveal some  candies inside! So fun Smiley

DAY TWO

Another beautifully wrapped package, with a metal kitty on one side!

Inside is a set of the most amazing black cat cards - I love cats, so these are perfect.

DAY THREE

I got too excited about this one and ripped into it before I took a photo! But I remembered to take a photo of the fun card.

I got a set of magnets with movie posters on them - I love the cover art on each one.

My favourite of the set is the Love Witch one, which is one of my favourite movies of the last year.

Also - prepared to be amazed! I received a jointed Vincent Price Magnet.

EXTRAS

I also recieved some extras, I think I'm going to put the ghost peeps in our hot chocolates tonight and put the Day of the Dead skull on my craft room door Smiley

DAY FOUR

Another beautifully wrapped package

Inside is the cutest crochet black cat basket!

The basket was filled with all kinds of goodies, I told Calixita that I like sewing trims, but it can be hard to get nice ones here in NZ  and she sent me some lovely ones.

I also got this cute stamp (and stamp pad).

Also look at this fun mini crow (or raven) candle!

I didn't end up taking photos of everything in the basket as they was so much fun stuff, but these three were my favourites Smiley

DAY FIVE!

Seriously guys, all these packages are so beautifully wrapped.

And inside, the cutest witches hat brooch - which reminds me of one of my favourite movies The Love Witch!

BONUS!

Also last night as we were watching horror movies and eating treats from the Halloween Tree, I found a little extra in there! How cute is he! I love nightmare before Christmas.

DAY SIX

So this my favourite day of wrapping - look at that adorable zombie kitty!

And inside? A crochet book, which is one craft I'd love to learn. I also got a crochet hook (but for some reason I didn't photograph it)

DAY SEVEN

I received a HUGE mug that made it all the way from Canada to NZ unscathed! It has the most amazing crochet cozy, this is going to be my sewing room mug as I always get distracted and my tea gets cold, this will keep it warmer for longer Cheesy

DAY EIGHT

I'm sad - because somehow I forgot to take a photo of the wrapping paper on this one Sad But I'm not sad about what I received! Super awesome sweater clips with black kitties Smiley

DAY NINE
I remembered to take a photo of the packaging again, just as well given the card includes one of my favourite studio Ghibli characters - Jiji!

And inside - the cutest thing ever!! A crochet Kuromi - she's my favourite Sanrio character - I love this Halloween version. Especially the removable witches hat!

DAY 10

Ok I did take a photo of the packaging, but for some reason it didn't work out Sad

Anyway basically every craft swap I do I ask for a hoopla - I am gradually covering one wall of my sewing room with them, and Calixita made me an amazing one!

I like how it's so pretty and lacy and it's not till you take a closer look you rabsence! ealize there's something creepy happening!

DAY 11

Sorry for being so quiet, life got a bit busy! Here's my last few days of swap packages!

I received another lovely day of creepy cute crochet things! I smaller case is a glasses case with a zombie face and the zippered pouch features a kitty that looks like my cat Mia!

DAY 12

Next up was a package for my "pretty kitty Mia"

A crochet skeleton fish (how did you know fish was her favourite!) complete with catnip

Mia also received this very cute witches hat!

Now Mia is a sassy as they come senior rescue cat, but by some miracle we ACTUALLY got the witches hat on her long enough to take a photo of her. I'm pretty sure she will kill us in our sleep, but it's totally worth it.

DAY 13! 

I received two amazing Halloween necklaces - just look at the detail in that vintage cat necklace, it's all beaded and amazing!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017 10:00:06 PM by monkey_girl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.adventuresofagirlfromthenaki.blogspot.com

So many crafts, so many ideas, so little time!

My wist!

http://www.wists.com/Trees

I love charms for jewelery making, got anything gothic? Want to swap? PM me!
thanate
wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

writer/crafter/naturalist, mother, Team Oak Tree

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2017 07:09:55 AM »

Received!  All the things!  (except that isn't even all the things, because there's also a bag that went in the freezer...)

Day 1! My child dragged me downstairs to open this first thing in the morning, and my goodness, it's amazing.  

Magnet-board calendar with matchboxes for each day of October (and a sheet of hallowe'en activity ideas to cut up and put in them)-- Karen thinks we should put them all on the decorated side, but I'm going to see if we can find a place to hang it up where we get to look at both sides & enjoy all the decorations.  The numbers presently on the front are my child's favorites. Smiley

Day 2:

Pumpkin Spice pumpkin doll (my child, who's in that phase where she stomps about the house yelling bits of "Let it Go", has decided it's a snow pumpkin) and pumpkin bread, and some pumpkin spice truffles.  (We sampled the truffles this morning and through great willpower on my part saved some for dessert.)

[delay in posting due to halloween party prep!]
Day 3: (after a breakfast about which my child announced that we had the best pumpkin bread in the whole world... I guess I'll be using those recipes?)

Love it!

Day 4:

Two decorated spools, a mini-banner, and a couple super cute little dioramas.

Day 5:

Eyeballs!  Hee! Smiley

Day 6:

Amazing fall garden for my kid.  She immediately began planting, harvesting, and cooking dinner for "the rabbits."  (I'm not sure where these rabbits came from, but they were well fed!)

(adding an egg...)

Day 7:

Glorious shrink plastic necklaces!!  Look at all those cool charms!

Day 8:

Mr & Mrs spooky picture blocks

Day 9:

Owls!  (I am officially out of adjectives. I've used them all up for this swap. So much stuff!!!)

Day 10:

Calavera/fall headbands, pins, & a couple that double as magnets.  I claimed the oak leaves; my kid wore this headband all day.

Day 11:

Giant Hallowe'en/Christmas cross-over playdough cookie press set.  My child is making cinnamon scented french fries & snow people.  All the accessories.  All of them.

Day 12:

Spooky gazing globes for the faerie garden!  (They were a little hard to photograph, but that's a skull, a bat, & a spider with web in them)

Day 13:

A Mysterious Cabinet...

...with keys...

..full of all kinds of things!  Everything has tiny little labels and tiny little things in, except for the "owl hoots" which clearly broke out of their bottle & escaped.  (I think I'm going to stick the broken bottle in sideways with a glue dot or something.)  Oh, and there was a glowing orb made out of a bouncy ball that *someone* bounced across the floor and lost under the couch, but I'm not even sure where it fit.

details...

AND, to take the sting off of running out of packages, we had a giant bin of little decorated containers of beads with which my child has been making necklaces for everyone including the cat:

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017 07:13:05 PM by thanate » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"And the moral of Pierre is 'Care'." -Maurice Sendak

Join us for the Last Swap: Little Good Things R2

Ugh, it's like Thanos, ok? (Tho I prefer *not* to destroy the universe when possible.) Thann-uh-tay
rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017 05:35:39 AM »

Here are my goodies! There are a lot more extras than what is pictured, some of them are packed away at the moment because we are moving (again!) next week. I had to rescue three of the packaged, I will note which ones, because the post office left my boxes in the rain. I am overwhelmed by how spoiled I got! This has been a rough year for us and it really cheered me up to receive my package.

Extras

DAY 1

Awesome Halloween yarn in a cute bag!

DAY 2

super cute Halloween gift bags! I am using some of these to give goodbye gifts to my son's teachers and therapists.

DAY 3

Very cute Wall Art

DAY 4

I cute cat wall hanging. I had to rescue this one from the waterlogged box.

Day 5

Awesome handpainted cat art! It is so cute and fun!

DAY 6

Painted sign that lights up. I had to hide it from my son because he loves playing with lights.

DAY 7

Ghost kids! I put these in my window.

DAY 8

Awesome wall skull. I put him on my upstairs balcony and he is staying up. He goes great with my patio set in my new place.

DAY 9

Handmade notions cozy on a mug filled with various crafty notions. I love this! It is on my desk.

DAY 10

Witch mug rug, coffee cup, and handpainted magnets

DAY 11

awesome smelling candle with mat

DAY 12

TWO kid-sized Halloween quilts. They are super awesome and my son loves his.  I had to rescue one of them from the rain.

DAY 13

There was also cake mix and icing with this but this package was completely destroyed when the postman left it for me. The box literally fell apart in my hands. the shelf and everything else dried off nicely.

Thanks so much for everything! I love it all. It really made my year!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017 06:45:35 AM by rantyhippie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Respect ghosts and gods, but keep away from them -Confucius
pinterest.com/artisticgamer
gala_apples
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017 09:37:18 PM »

My lovely box from Alchamy, in all sorts of interesting wrappings:

She didn't give me an opening order, except to describe what the medium and large are wrapped in, so I'm doing this all willy nilly!

Day One:

A pretty beaded necklace. I have exactly the pendant to go with this!

Day Two:

Cool skelly soap. I can't quite place what it smells like, but I like it!

Day Three:

A nice collection of supplies, some necklace cording and a bunch of skull beads.

Day Four:

Lights to string around. I'll probably use them to add interest to a shrine, in the future  Smiley

Day Five:

A few ATCs, one simulating the covers of my favourite zombie series, Newsflesh.

Day Six:

More cool soap, this one with a very strong menthol smell. I love it.

Day Seven:

Another pretty necklace, this one in a sunburst sort of colour.

Day Eight

Adorably evil stuffies! Zombie ice cream cone, and zombie popsicle  Cheesy

Day Nine

Supply day, a bunch of Halloween paper crafting stuff.

Day Ten

10 cool Quoth The Raven notecards!

Day Eleven

Another pretty necklace. It's more iridescent than gold, actually.

Day Twelve

This Halloween shirt is even cooler than you think, because there are TWO. Me and my girlfriend have matching shirts now! So super kind of Alchamy!

Day Thirteen

Check out this awesome Stranger Things messenger bag! It even has a pocket in the middle for the battery pack  Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017 04:40:10 PM by gala_apples » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
Chr1stChan
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2017 07:21:02 AM »

I'm not sure how to snag a spot, but I'm checking in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my insta for more frequent art posts: https://www.instagram.com/chr1stchan/
KarenLouiseM

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2017 02:40:31 PM »

Sarasmile, your "claim" made me smile!

Loving the early packages! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
smileyyogini
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2017 08:28:45 AM »

Here lies my stuff. (or the place my stuffs will lay)...

day 1!

Oh my gosh! Its amaaaazing. I love each and every tiny detail. It went right to the mantle! Thank you so much, Kittykill Cheesy

day 2!

Look at this blanket! Amazing...and coveted. I will have to keep it near me at all times. Its the softest thing that was ever made. And that color is perfect!!

Day 3!

I almost died when I opened this. I'm kind of a Morticia fan and this is my favorite inspirational quote ever! She did such a beautiful stitching job. I cant capture it all with my camera. It has beautiful flies and roses attached and spider webbing on the edges. The fabric is tea stained and it looks just amazing. I cannot wait to put this in the entryway.

Day 4!

An adorable cup and after opening it and loving it I heard a rattle...just to find this adorable pumpkin spice latte lipbalm!! I love it.

Day 5!
 Candy!! ...and Coffins. I love them all. Thank you so much...mmmm peanut butter.

Day 6

Ornaments! For the halloween tree!!!

The cutest little witch and witchy boot.

Happy Day 7!

OMG. Im calling her Ophie. And the first thing I thought was...she needs to be lit up at night! I added an LED tea light and it flickers making her almost as amazing in the dark as she is in the light. At first I thought she was made as is. But nope...she is crafted from the bottom to the top. The bats and the base and the garland and the pumpkin beneath her. And the little spiders...I just love her!

And one of me and Ophie alone in the laundry room to light her up. I would have gone in the garage but it seemed a little scary to be alone with Ophie in the dark garage.

Day 8!

I feel like I am off a day...Im sure it will rectify itself

LOOKIE!!!

Isnt she beautiful. She is going right where I can talk with her while I do the dishes.

Day 9.

An LED candle. Its perfect for my bookshelves where an actual candle would be super dangerous. Cheesy

Day 10!

Hand embroidered pillow! Its amazing. The stitching is just perfect. I just treasure it.

Day 11

Day 12

Day 13!!

Thank you, Kittykill and everyone for making this such a great swap!!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017 02:28:51 PM by smileyyogini » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...