A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,690
Currently Running With Scissors:
188 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 13 Days of Halloween round 9  (Read 7547 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
calixita
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: July 29, 2017 12:02:29 PM »

13 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN
round 9 gallery

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers".-L.M. Montgomery

Post your goodies here!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017 12:02:49 PM by calixita » THIS ROCKS   Logged

calixita

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017 12:03:15 PM »

This spot has been staked!

My pile of goodies from Monkey_girl!!!!

My partner FINALLY received the package I sent!  I'm so relieved!  In celebration of my package not going AWOL, I opened 2 days at once!

DAY 1:
monkey_girl made me a beautiful pouch to assist me in my on-going quest to organize my mess!  I love the bats and colors!

Inside I found 2 wonderful and witty notebooks and a fabulous sticker!

DAY 2:
Then I opened 2 wonderful fabric baskets!  I immediately filled one with various tins (altoid and otherwise).  I'm reserving the second one for now to best allocate it's use.  Thank you, monkey_girl, so much for helping me organize my shelves.  It's a long overdue project of mine!  I love the fabrics chosen!  bats, sugar skulls and the purple and black colors are perfect!!!!!

DAY 3:
Today brought me a sweet drawstring bag.  Inside I found oozing brain gum (sounds delicious!), skull beads and a beautiful pin!!

close up of the pin!  witches and cats!

DAY 4:
I opened a great smelling candle and a cute bat bag filled with goodies!

The candle does indeed smell magical!

The goodies:  more adorable little notebooks (guess which on is going to work with me tomorrow!), ghost bags, a spacey tissue holder, tiny kitty pictures to craft with, and an awesome skull necklace!!!

some close ups:

DAY 5
Today I unwrapped a wonderful tote bag!  I promptly packed it up to take to work with me!  It has a sweet Trick or Treat Guild patch on it!  

Inside were some  New Zealand chocolates!  They've got pictures of New Zealand birds on them and are filled with crunchies that pop in your mouth!

This one is a Moa, which I had to look up on the internet!  They're extinct now, alas.

DAY 6

I received a lovely Halloween collar!

Since I take horrible selfies, here's my cat modeling my new collar!

plus I haven't been sharing the wonderful cards that come with each present.  Here's a picture of them!

so cute!

DAY 7

Look at the lovely and elegant scarf I unwrapped today.  It makes me think of Poe!

I wore it to work today but since I stink at selfies, here's my cat modeling the scarf.

plus monkey_girl included at black leather bunny keychain!

very cool!!

DAY 8

Check out my new cool altered hand towels for this spooky time of year!

DAY 9

Today I opened a pretty lap quilt!  Its purple and covered with skulls!  Perfect for keeping warm on the couch while I craft away!

DAY 10

Ugh!  Computer issues kept me from posting for a while and I've been anxious to show off my goodies!

Just look at this beautiful handbound journal (made by monkey_girl's BF!) and equally awesome skull bracelet!!!

just look at how beautifully finished this journal is.

DAY 11

Today was for the kitty!!

adorable toys stuffed with catnip!  The ghost already looks dirty because the cat got to it before pictures could be taken.  Here's some action shots!
I think he's a happy cat!

DAY 12

It was so hard to get a good photo but here's my new fabulous mug!

It reads 'Keep calm and drink up' but when you fill it with a hot beverage, a zombie appears with the warning that the zombies are coming!  I love it!
I also found a fun magnet in my present!

DAY 13

so sad it's the last day!  but here to go out with a bang is a Halloween stocking!!!!!

details:

Perhaps the Pumpkin King will have left something in it by the time I get home from work tonight!

Thank you so so much, monkey_girl, for all the wonderful Halloween goodies and for being such a great partner!!!!  This swap is always so much fun!

Happy Halloween, everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017 04:47:40 PM by calixita » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissingWillow
Sewing in General Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017 12:26:20 PM »

They're here!

DAY 1
PB made me some personalized miniature tombstones that will be used in some sort of graveyard diorama some day!  They are marked Willow Shepherd and PB Tailor.   Cheesy

DAY 2
PerfectlyBohemian just returned from vacation in Germany like a week ago.  She thought of me on her travels... day 2 is a palm-sized witch on a broomstick.  She reminds me of the kitchen witch I had in my very first home.  I love her expression!

DAY 3
PB made me a felted brooch with my favorite Halloween image on it... a witch flying across a moon.  She also sent me a glow in the dark insect (everythings better when it glows in the dark)!

DAY 4
A bonanza of vintage Halloween ephemera and lenticular stickers!  Yay!

DAY 5
Today I received another glow bug and zombie felted wine charms.  Who knew there was such a thing as felted wine glass charms??

DAY  :D6
Todays treats include a fun zip pouch that will go with me on vacation to carry my makeup, a skeleton treat mold thats already in my freezer to make ice to go in spooky cocktails and two fun bracelets that have bat and pumpkin beads.   Smiley

DAY 7
Remember when PerfectlyBohemian commented in our swap thread that shed just burned something she was making for this swap?  Ta-da!  She sent these in two separate packages and I opened the one on the left first and was a little what?  Upon opening the other one, I realized I had just found her first batch.   Cheesy. They are pumpkins in various stages of being carved into jack olanterns and I love them!

DAY 8
For as much as we love Halloween at our house, I have woefully few holiday towels.  Not any more, I love these!

DAY 9
I love Halloween miniatures and these are great!  Would you believe one of these would have been perfect for something I made for my partner??

DAY 10
PB made me some spooky cocktail glasses with poly clay tentacles.  So cool!  Its so humid here today they immediately fogged up when I took them outside for good lighting.  To go inside, she sent along some butterbeer. Who knew you could buy this outside of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter??  There was a fun laser cut cauldron decorating the package, too.  

DAY 11
Today I got a set of Halloween cocktail picks.  How fun!  Is it wrong that Im dying to take them apart and use stuff in miniature scenes??   Cheesy

DAY 12
Today I opened a wonderful surprise, a wet felted life sized jack olantern!  Its hard for me to wrap my head around wet felting something round and hollow, even after PB told me she did it on a balloon.  It has a flickering battery powered light for the inside.  So spooky!  The tag had a laser cut bat/moon extra hanging on it.

DAY 13
EEEEK!!! PerfectlyBohemian added big time to my quirky collection of zombie sheep (and she included a zombie laser cut extra).  This is, and Im speaking as a shepherd, a LIFE SIZED undead lamb!  The entrails! The eyes!  The boney little legs!  I am over the moon with this, thank you so much for an awesome swap!   Kiss
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017 02:09:59 AM by MissingWillow » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017 12:50:40 PM »

All wrapped up!

Extras:

Lots of lovely embellishments and a sweet Mickey pumpkin garden decoration

Day 1

Wrapped in lovely Happy Owloween fabric, some sweet pretzel wands. My 5 year old is home sick today and she says, "Oooh! They look yummy!" Then she tastes one. "They ARE yummy!"

Day 2

A perfectly spooky little pet ghost!

Day 3

Homemade flavored almonds! Yummy!

Day 4

An eerie eyeball hair clip

Day 5

Candy corn earrings! So sweet! Look at the little mickeys!

Day 6
Day 6 didn't make the journey very well but the worm's wart survived. I reattached the top to the deadly night shade and the middle one I puzzled together and it's frog's breath. Smiley Of course, it's frog's breath! They are Sally's jars from the Nightmare Before Christmas!

Day 7

More Nightmare Before Christmas goodies! Sally's Frogs Breath soup and her tasting spoon. (The jars are from Day 6. Smiley)

Day 8

2 Halloween head wraps

Day 9

An adorable ghost Minnie Mouse necklace.

Day 10

Painted gourds! Sally, Jack and Oogie! My littlest is obsessed with the Nightmare Before Christmas and she has run off with these and is playing with them.

Day 11

A sweet little coffin with a Mickey Pumpkin (most of it) on top

And the inside, a sweet little nighttime pumpkin scene. I love it!

Day 12

A beautiful crochet capelet. I've already worn it out and had lots of compliments. Smiley

Day 13

We end this swap with Madame Leota herself!

This has been such a fun swap. Thank you Audania1!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017 08:29:03 PM by Whistley » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
PerfectlyBohemian
Fiber Arts Moderator

Ooooo... Stickers!

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017 01:37:18 PM »

Here's my mountain of stuff from MissingWillow! Can't wait to open them all! Cheesy

Day 1

My first package is a lovely Baba Yaga necklace and a box of Whoppers! My favorite witch and my favorite candy!

Day 2

I think I squealed a bit when I opened this package! A set of miniature scenes and props from Stranger Things in a shadow box! It's so terrific Cheesy There's the alphabet on the wall with Christmas lights, the upside down (complete with Demigorgan), a missing poster for Will, and Eleven's favorite snack!

Day 3

MW made me a wonderful witchy mug rug and sent along a companion black cat mug! The witch reminds me of the "Don't Starve" characters Wink Hopefully she doesn't lose her sanity any time soon.

Day 4
Today I opened up an amazing mini quilt candle mat complete with teeny little spider beads and fun paisley sugar skull fabric on the back! It's going on my coffee table tonight after I put away all my non-festive decor Wink

Day 5

My first chunky house! It's perfect Cheesy

Day 6

Another haunted house! This one has lots of neat dimensional pieces and a Ouija board themed "siding" and a little nook for a miniature guest Smiley

Day 7

An even more haunting haunted house but this time on a big tapestry! All the little pieces are appliqued (doors, windows, bats, etc.) and must have taken a lot of time and care to cut out! The tapestry package also came with a "treat" from MW's garden - dried GHOST peppers flakes! (hot hot hot!!)

Day 8

Some might recognize this item from MW's post on the Machine Embroidery board Wink I got myself a pair of love bird owls on a kitchen towel! So cute and perfect again for the season Smiley (hehe, there's hearts in the roots).

Day 9

Today I opened a package of bunting!! I lot all the different fabrics and trims! Some of the pompoms are actually bats and spiders, too! It's so perfect and already hung on my mantel:

Day 10

Today's package contained a miniature haunted pottery house from MW's pottery studio!! Isn't it pretty?? It was accompanied by a metal owl spoon rest. I love them both Cheesy

Day 11

For this day, I now have a perfect little centerpiece for Halloween festivities! A wicked haunted miniature cemetery! Cheesy

Day 12

The sweetest Halloween candy themed pin cushion ever today with such beautiful fabric folded details on it! It's really weighty and sizable, so this might be my new "carry it everywhere pin cushion" so I stop stabbing myself with the other Tongue

Day 13

For my final gift from MW, I received the spookiest Wonderland Tea Party scene ever!! I love it to bits! I don't know why there is Halloween themed Alice in Wonderland scrap book paper in the world, but I love that there is! How perfect for me Cheesy

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum are creeping outside the window with their pumpkin masks:

I don't think we will fit through this teeny door... maybe we should drink a potion?

And there's little Alice with her witch costume!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017 06:08:58 AM by PerfectlyBohemian » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
KarenLouiseM

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017 06:49:11 PM »

This is me!

Day 1 - look at this awesome pile of "instant ancestors".  As a paper crafter, I already have a few ideas to alter some of these

Day 2 - these are just my style

Day 3 - Super cool pins!  Not sure I know what's in all of these - but they are all cool!  (Lousy pics - better in person.)

Day 4 (already?!?) - I love this SO much!!!!  Tea towel & yummy sounding tea (will try this tonight).

Day 5 -  Super cute earrings!  Wearing the little orange spiders to cheer up my gym visit this morning.

Day 6 - wonderfully imaginative goodies for my apothecary.  I love that they are so clever!  Totally different vials & contents to jazz up my display.

Day 7 - it just keeps getting better & better!  Perfect additions to the apothecary.   And I LOVE the pin.  Been wanting one of these creepy cameos forever!

Day 8 - this made me laugh so hard!  So clever.

Day 9 -  too much fun!  Ha! Juvenile alien exo-skeletons! (I cannot get this silly pic to stay rotated - sorry!)

Sorry, been a bad partner.  Haven't posted due to a little stomach bug (yuck).  But, my awesome packages definitely deserve to be seen!  Day 10 was particularly wonderful.  Gorgeous hoop and wonderful asymmetrical necklace -

Day 11 - giant pile of goodies! Can't wait to dig into those labels!

This little goodie was hidden in a teeny piece of brown paper - not sure which day it came from - but it sure is cute!

Day 12 - more crafting goodies.  These are great potion labels, can't wait to craft with them!
(3 tries, it won't post here - it's the last pic in this post!)

And, sadly, it's Day 13.  But, happily, I had another great package to take the sting off it being the last day.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2017 09:17:11 AM by KarenLouiseM » THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
Thimbles71

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017 07:19:57 PM »

My lovely, lovely gifts from Sarasmile!

And day 1!

Well, this little hanging witch hat is an extra, but I love it!  And a really snazzy and glittery bottle!  So fun.

DAY 2

Snazzy little yarn pumpkins!

DAY 3

Fun witch banner!

I was away for the weekend, so I'm a little behind in uploading my new treats!  But, without further ado!  Smiley

DAY 4

Really great apron and a wee little pompom kit that I love.  Smiley

DAY 5

Gorgeous Halloween treat bags!

DAY 6

More pumpkins!  Fabric ones this time!  I LOVE them.  The fabric is just gorgeous.  SO fun.

DAY 7!

Today, I received this great wall-hanging.  It's already on the wall behind my desk.  Love it.

DAY 8!

Cuuuuuute wee family of black cats!  I love them!

DAY 9

Gorgeous felted coasters and a really fun notepad!

Day 10!

Mug rugs!  You can never have too many!  And these are especially lovely.  I love that there's an autumnish one that I can use for the entire season, too!

Day 11!

Super snazzy hanging skeleton ornament with a petal skirt.  I love it!  She currently is hanging up behind my desk at work.

And!  These fantastic earrings!  I'm wearing them today!

Day 12

Beautiful embroidered towels.  Already making my bathroom far prettier than it was.  Smiley

Day 13!

More towels - but this time with this great owl print fabric adorning them.  Really, really lovely!

And somehow I miscounted because I finished up today instead of tomorrow on Halloween.  Guess I was anxious to dig into my goodies!

Sarasmiles put together a great package for me and I will be a good home to all my new treasures.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017 12:49:36 PM by Thimbles71 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alchamy513

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017 08:20:00 PM »

My spot!

A (slightly blurry) pic of everything. My good camera is not happy right now so I have to take pictures with my tablet. I'm going to try to fix it before we open things!

Oh, and I decided since gala sent an extra to open when I need it, now is a good time. I have a nasty cold and its a good distraction (plus Friday the 13th!). Very pretty doily stamps!

Day 1! Awesome Halloween party invites. We're doing a serial/cereal killer theme this year and these are perfect.

Day 2: A cute necklace

Day 3: Ugh, I need to get my real camera working... these photos don't do the awesome banner I got justice! It says bloodbath and has adorable cat fabric on the back! I think its going to stay on my mantle for a while.

Day 4: Magnets! They're super sparkly and I immediately put them on my fridge

Day 5: More cute necklaces! The purple one says "Spirits through the night"

Day 6: Notecards. They're all a little different, very cool!

Day 7: A Nightmare Before Christmas ornament. Definitely going on the tree!

Day 8: Amazing smelling vanilla soap:

Day 9: Bibs for my zombie babies!

On them:

And just because, all of the babies:

Day 10 (I may have mixed up 10 and 11): Zombie notecards! I love the pictures on them!

Day 11: A Jack Skellington pendant. Its huge and shiny and heavy. Very awesome!

Day 12: Pillowcases! I need to find better pillows to put in them, mine are a little small. They look awesome on the couch.

Day 13: A zombie shrine! The picture doesn't show how cool it is, lots of little details!

Thank you gala, everything is so awesome! Happy Halloween everyone!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017 07:45:54 AM by Alchamy513 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017 09:21:05 PM »

Halloween Goodies from rantyhippie

OMG everything came wrapped in fabric.....I do have an addiction to fabric so I am super excited with my wrapping paper!

Just a quick note....my BF who lives with me was at ER  a few days ago, yesterday we had an appointment with a doctor and he is scheduled for surgery on Tuesday.   Life has been crazy but I have been opening my gifts.  Have yet to even look at the Gallery but have plans to update it with photos tomorrow of my goodies and see what evryone has recieved so far.

Day 1

A wood painted pumpkin....this is hanging on my front door.  and about 2 yards of Halloween fabric.

DAY 2

A painted ceramic tile with a cool skull.   and  more awesome fabric

DAY 3

Another painted tile different shape with a ghost.....these are now hanging in my entry way.... and cute pumpkin fabric.

DAY 4

4 cute ornaments made from painted plaster.  I think frankie is my favorite....did not get my tree up this year but they stand on their own so they are headed to my desk at work tomorrow. and another big chunk of fabric.

DAY 5

Another cute wall hanging....just need to add some yarn to the top and it will go with my others as wall display!

DAY 6

2 cute little cross stitched boxes and more fun fabric!

DAY 7

A cute witch pin, Halloween stickers and melty beads and fabric!

DAY 8

An awesome skull frame and some blue fabric!

DAY 9

4 cute canvas paintings....I am gonna glue magnets to these and put them on my frig.....and more fabric!

DAY 10

Lots of fun stickers and another piece of fabric!

« Last Edit: October 29, 2017 07:39:58 PM by quaggy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

Re:
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017 09:47:51 PM »

My headstone rests here!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I received from Whistley!
Oh my gosh I am going to have such a hard time waiting to open!!

Here's what it looks like!

Day one is so cute! It's a cute broom parking sign and sweet "boo" necklace!

Day 2 is this super cute pair of candy corn mist!

Day 3 is this really neat eyeball frame with fun quote!

Day 4!
This awesome clipboard and note pad! Whistley, did you mod podge the witchy house on there? I love this because it's great for a grocery list and fits in my purse!

Day 5

This cool skull now barette that my kids totally approve of and these sweet stitch markers that I can totally use for earrings in a pinch! Love them!

Day 6

Possibly the best! This awesome Hocus Pocus shirt! And a really cute circular scarf! We are definitely watching hocus pocus tonight. It is seriously one of my favorite Halloween movies and two of my friends and insure going as the Sanderson Sisters next Halloween!

Day 7

A super cute tea wallet! Love the little twitchy hats! And inside are some pop rocks and cool smash balloon!

Day 8
An awesome wall art painting of the Nightmare Before Christmas Characters! I love it! It's now on the wall next to my fireplace Smiley

Day 9
I love the nightmare before Christmas! Whistley sent me a hand done mug of Jack, a cute NBC keychain that is already in use, some fab pumpkin spice chapstick, this cute little Mickey tsum tsum as a jack o lantern, and this adorable little witchy book mark! What a fantastic day - I love it!

Day 10

A super cute spooky pillow!

Day 11

These uber cute hair clips! Pretty sure my faves are the Mickey Bobby pins!

Day 12
I've definitely used these oven mitts and sweet spooky apron! And even though Halloween has passed, I will for sure be using these cookie cutters!

Day 13!
And I'm so sad it's over! We got these cute little containers filled with Halloween treats and fun little goodies!

Thank you Whistley! I'm so touched by everything you sent. Thank you for being such a lovely partner!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017 10:23:59 AM by Audania1 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Insulated Lunch Sack
Take a Bath!
Meal Prep Monday: Indian-Inspired Savory English Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...