A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,933
Currently Running With Scissors:
379 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 13 Days of Halloween swap (Sign Up 7/22-7/28, Send Outs 10/4-10/11)  (Read 17588 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
calixita

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2017 01:46:47 PM »

Which urban legend scares you the most? 

Good question! Not sure how much of an urban legend this is but the bug laying eggs in your head or spiders in your hair and getting infested freaks me out.

Ugh!!!!!  Or the story that spiders will crawl into your mouth while you sleep.  I actually kind of like spiders but not that close up!!!   Smiley

Mail out deadline is 3 weeks away (2 weeks for those of us sending out of the country!).  I have a feeling that I will be crafting up to the deadline as usual.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thanate
wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

writer/crafter/naturalist, mother, Team Oak Tree

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2017 06:09:04 PM »

The only time I've gotten spiders in my hair was from walking through their webs by mistake, and they usually see you coming & get well out of the way before that happens.  (Speaking as a naturalist/former survey archaeologist) Ticks, though... ugh.

I unwisely read one of those Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark collections when I was too young for it and spent ages being terrified by just about all the urban legends in a vague sort of way. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"And the moral of Pierre is 'Care'." -Maurice Sendak

Join us for the Last Swap: Little Good Things R2

Ugh, it's like Thanos, ok? (Also, I prefer *not* to destroy the universe when possible.) Thann-uh-tay
Thimbles71
« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2017 06:37:17 PM »

I think the idea of premature burial is terrifying.  It's actually happened more than once, which is why there used to be coffins with bells in the 19th century.   Shocked

This was the subject of an Alfred Hitchcock's Presents that will forever haunt me.  Yikes.

Three weeks?!  Good God.  I have some work to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
Re:
« Reply #173 on: September 20, 2017 07:48:01 PM »

I finally got 2 smalls done tonight. I need a certain item to get started on something. I am going to test it out though. If it flops, I will keep it but if it's as amazing as I hope then I will definitely send it. It's one of those brain child ideas where you think if you look up you can see the light bulb on over your head lol. I hope it works - fingers crossed!

And I totally remember reading those Scarey Stories books! And now that you mention it, the scariest one to me was the scarecrow one that dried human skins on a roof..... then wore them!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
Alchamy513
« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2017 08:37:15 AM »

Harold! That one always terrified me, none of the others really did though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chr1stChan
« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2017 09:01:55 AM »

Just stopping by!  Crafting away  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my insta for more frequent art posts: https://www.instagram.com/chr1stchan/
gala_apples
« Reply #176 on: September 21, 2017 01:03:44 PM »

I agree with Thimbles , Alfred Hitchcock Presents had some freaky stories. The one that messed me up the most was one that I can't remember the whole story to, I think it has to do with the owner of a soap company being cheated on? Anyway, the scary part was she dissolves her ex in a vat of lye and turns him into soap so she doesn't get caught, but then they have this gory zoom in on a customer using the soap, and realising too late that the bar is made out of lye and all their skin starting to fall off! I watched it when I was a kid, and it put me off bar soap for at least a few years!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2017 08:13:05 PM »

Scary stories to tell in the dark was awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Respect ghosts and gods, but keep away from them -Confucius
pinterest.com/artisticgamer
rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2017 11:34:16 AM »

here is a cute Halloween baby! She's helping me make some last-minute projects!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017 11:36:09 AM by rantyhippie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Respect ghosts and gods, but keep away from them -Confucius
pinterest.com/artisticgamer
smileyyogini
« Reply #179 on: September 23, 2017 05:58:38 AM »

So glad I didnt read this thread during an insomnia night of crafting. You creepy people, you! I love it!

Premature burial, for sure! That would just be the worst realization ever.

I am on my way to a very very fun morning to search for a few very fun things for my partner. Wish me luck in my hunting.

I am about done crafting. Unless something comes to mind to replace a bought item. Or if I look at pinterest. I know if I do Ill find something my partner and I both need one of.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...