A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,618
Currently Running With Scissors:
241 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yet Another TM Patch Swap R9 Gallery  (Read 7348 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: June 28, 2017 12:10:40 PM »

Patch made by craftADDchick

Swap Thread: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=452486.0

Sent
Received
Received & Posted Pics
All Partners Received
Feedback Given
Sending Late w/Communication
Contact Organizer

audio: Inselaeffchen, JoyfulClover
craftADDchick: craftylittlemonkey, JoyfulClover
crafty-becky: quaggy
craftylittlemonkey: craftADDchick, Inselaeffchen
curiousfae: gala_apples, Wulf
fatewineroses: gala_apples, SuzyScissor
gala_apples: curiousfae, fatewineroses
Inselaeffchen: audio, craftylittlemonkey
JoyfulClover: audio, craftADDchick, quaggy
quaggy: crafty-becky, JoyfulClover
Sharalee: SuzyScissor, Wulf
SuzyScissor: fatewineroses (JoyfulClover is the Swap Angel), Sharalee (Inselaeffchen is the Swap Angel)
Wulf: curiousfae, Sharalee

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017 01:18:10 PM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
JoyfulClover

Live long and prosper

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017 04:18:47 PM »

I'm first! Crazy baby!

I received from dear quaggy today she said she tried a new technique. I was so intrigued!  Care to check it out?

Let's meet Scholar Cat:

Do you see those huge, semi transparent batty-koda ears? With such realistic whiskers - and goat chin scruff! And Stripes! I ADORE stripes. And yes, I will wear stripes on stripes. And I rock it hard!

But is straight outdone by Uptown Zebra:

He has gloves! And gold buttons. But I love his toothy smile - he knows who's rollin large at the Serengeti Safari this year!

Buuttt they both got swanked outta town by Dino-man's sheer swagger:

Check.Him.OUT! He's so casually on point with his palm tree sunnies, gold chain medallion, watch, bracelet, AND his swampy snap-back cap! Lemme just yawn to reflect my relaxed chill. He's gonna be cupping the back of his neck soon...Yo man! You rollin over to the Sandy Copse later?

I am ridiculously in love with anthropomorphic creatures. I just love to see them characterized. These make me sigh happily. And y'all may not know, but I always list/request my love for non-primary colors. quaggy kept saying she just didn't know how to craft in 'drab'. I LAUUUGHED! But seriously, look how realistic, lovely, and vibrant they are?

Finally, I had requested the familiar coaster seen at fairs everywhere, The Zippper.

BOOM!

I have such good, vivid memories of this ride. Probably wouldn't make much sense to others, but this ride makes me feel really happy and light. My sister and I still laugh like hyenas over that day. I didn't know how much I wanted it until I saw it. Annnd, I may have teared up (but only a smidge). Anyway, I think I will keep it on my list and see if I can start a mini collection.

My challenge now is, how can I possibly meet or exceed her wonderful gifts to me? I cannot stick with the known! Ayoogah!

Hey quaggy! What pen did you use for the lines, and then what medium for the paint colors? How did you draw on the fabric without it pulling funny?  And did you free hand these babies? I both want you to say yes, but also no.

Thank you SO MUCH for being so kind, thoughtful, and generous. I love them and hope I can return in kind.

Love in stitches, y'all

JClove

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017 04:30:35 PM by JoyfulClover » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a set of 80s Halloween cardstock decorations - skeleton,  witch, and ghost - with minor imperfections. PM me if you would like them!
crafty-becky
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017 04:32:02 PM »

quaggy: Thank you SOOO much for all the wonderful things you sent me! It was like my birthday or Christmas! Smiley

In the mail was a big box & I knew it was my patches and patch kit because of the return address. But why such a big box I wondered. I opened the box and saw this:

First there was a note and then THE PATCHES! I had put that I liked flowers, owls and fat birds on my ques. (to name a few)
So the first 2 patches:

I love them, they are so pretty and colorful!

Then she took my fat bird idea and went a different way....lol  (I like them too...made me giggle!) Here they are, I hope everyone can see what they say.

The patch kit contained the following goodies!
Five fabrics and floss and floss holders.

Also, buttons and beads in the plastic containers, more buttons in the bag shaped like skulls, butterflies, houses and bicycles. The scissors & tape measure. memory thread, & some beading and easy to thread needles. I tried out one of those and I love it!

Thanks again quaggy! I was so excited, I showed it to my husband, son, took it to lunch to show my Mom, showed it to a friend and then my daughter...lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JoyfulClover

Live long and prosper

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017 04:42:13 PM »

It's so fun to see them next to each other! She really created to our individual styles/preferences, which highlights quaggy's talent so clearly.

Glorious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a set of 80s Halloween cardstock decorations - skeleton,  witch, and ghost - with minor imperfections. PM me if you would like them!
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017 05:09:41 PM »

Awe ladies thanks I had so much fun crafting for both of you!  And yes to me one set is drab compared to the other.  But must say the creatures came out perfect with the toned down hues.  I wish I was that good of an artist.  I taped an image to a light box then taped unbleached muslin on top and taped it.  Used a .05 micron black pen found with all the pencils at hobby lobby. I just happened upon Derwent intense ink pencils for the prayer flag swap.  You actually color in the area with the pencil and when the textile medium is painted over the area the color pops.  Got hooked on the 12 box tin I bought I went onto dick blicks site and bought the other 60.  I started me a quilt using this method and am making  8 inch blocks from those adult coloring books!  I have been up since 3 am drove to canton flea market got here at 9 am And have shopped all day.  I feel like an over cooked hot dog.  98 degrees and no shade.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017 05:13:58 PM by quaggy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017 05:46:24 PM »

Wow! What an epic start to the gallery! Those anthropomorphic patches are spectacular, and I love how she recreated the Zipper for you.

The owl and flower patches are gorgeous, but I really love the fat bird patches.

quaggy, the technique that you used for them is really cool! I've seen those Inktense pencils, but didn't realize that they could be used like that on fabric! I might have to add them to my wish list Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
JoyfulClover

Live long and prosper

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017 05:50:28 PM »

Awe ladies thanks I had so much fun crafting for both of you!  And yes to me one set is drab compared to the other.  But must say the creatures came out perfect with the toned down hues.  I wish I was that good of an artist.  I taped an image to a light box then taped unbleached muslin on top and taped it.  Used a .05 micron black pen found with all the pencils at hobby lobby. I just happened upon Derwent intense ink pencils for the prayer flag swap.  You actually color in the area with the pencil and when the textile medium is painted over the area the color pops.  Got hooked on the 12 box tin I bought I went onto dick blicks site and bought the other 60.  I started me a quilt using this method and am making  8 inch blocks from those adult coloring books!  I have been up since 3 am drove to canton flea market got here at 9 am And have shopped all day.  I feel like an over cooked hot dog.  98 degrees and no shade.

Ugh. I'm TOTALLY getting these. Thank you for sharing your technique, process, and tools. Wonderful!

Also...flea market, you say?! Me likey! No shade - NO likey. I turn into a heinous individual when I get super hot. It's not pretty. Shameful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

curiousfae

mecca-lecca-hi mecca-hiney-ho!

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017 07:02:43 PM »

love all the animals so far! my faves are the colorful owl and that suave zebra. nice work quaggy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sharalee
http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

Re:
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017 07:57:33 PM »

I love all the patches you made "guaggy" ! The animals are super cute & WOW drawing the design just awesome. I love the Owl & flower & the fat birds are darling too! Love the Kit also. I need to get some of those pens. I love to draw & to be able to draw on fabric would so great, even though I'm not a great drawer.  I keep trying! Great packages! 😀

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
roler
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017 10:54:56 PM »

Squeee I couldn't join the swap this round but I can't stay away from the gallery!  quaggy, all of those patches are incredible!!  So super detailed, and full of whimsy!!  They all make me smile!  Amazing job!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feel free to PM me about personal swaps!  Hoopla, TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clipboard Photo Display
Party with a Pumpkin Challenge Winner: Floral Pumpkin Centerpiece
November 15, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...