A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 319,229
Currently Running With Scissors:
531 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: More Cornish Pixies + Wings  (Read 464 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , pixie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

LissyLou
« on: June 10, 2017 08:11:56 AM »

We've been on a pixie hunt, Henry, my ginger cat, and I. Hoping to find a pixie nest we were sorely disappointed in our quest, although we did happen across a new pixie friend. Maybe next time we will discover where these tricky little blue cuties hide themselves when they are not causing mischievous mayhem or playful pranks. Because despite their unruly reputation as terrible little troublemakers, I just love the idea of a home filled with a gang of gorgeously clever Cornish pixies.

The original pattern (here seen on the left), the updated pattern but printed at a reduced size, that is 85% (here seen on the right) and the middle pixie in this photo is made from the updated pattern printed at its correct size. As you can see the updated pattern produces a taller pixie then the original pattern. The original pattern produces a 9 inch tall pixie, whereas the updated pattern produces a pixie that is 10 inches tall, leaving its reduced sized pattern to produce an 8 inch tall pixie as described in the Harry Potter series.

The patterns for the wings included with these pixies are so beautiful. There are two different designs for these, the wings at the top of this picture are from the original pixie pattern, the middle wings are those from the updated pattern and the bottom wings are from the updated pattern but at a reduced size. I wont give-away how these were made as the tutorial has great instructions for making these but I will say they are cleverly designed to be removable using pinbacks. So you can have wingless Cornish Pixies like those described in the Harry Potter books or you can have the option with wings like those seen in the Harry Potter movies.

Read the full story HERE.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth
Crochet Moderator
Vintage Crafts Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017 09:56:49 AM »

I'm such a huge fan of these little guys and I love, love that you've also given them wings. Simply perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet

^Sushi. My problem child.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017 12:27:00 PM »

These are so cool! I love the Cornish pixie scene Smiley Your pixies look just as mischievous. I love the wings you designed for them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LissyLou
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017 11:59:26 PM »

Thanks so much Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sweatshirt Blazer
Dressing for Fall
Meatless Monday: No Boil Mac and Cheese

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...