A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 314,267
Currently Running With Scissors:
565 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 138 (June 2017)  (Read 892 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

rscowtown
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Lemme know how I can pray for you!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: June 02, 2017 10:47:35 AM »

Ongoing Wish Swap Round 138 June 2017

Click here for the Gallery/Discussion for round 138

Craftster member who is organizing this swap: rscowtown
Sign-up date range: 6/1/2017---6/30/2017
Claim date range 6/1/2017---5/30/2017 (some claims made near the end of the month will have a ship by date in the following month)
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after the date of the claim

Limited to a certain number of people? No, heck no! when the wall are starting to bow and the ceiling looks like its gonna cave in, we will just get a bigger room!

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO--everyone is warmly welcomed! Hey Tell us about where YOU live! share some pix, slap some up on a new pinterest board, let us stalk you from afar....and long to visit you!

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES you betcha, and I got a great co-organizer all lined up
- Is at least 18 years old: YES im gonna be 55 this year wheeeee!

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative comments: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:

This is an ongoing swap: Claim an item from the list of the last person who posted and post your own list in response. It makes a chain. When we get to the end of the month, the very last person to post a list will be the first person to post a list at the beginning of the next month.

The size of the claim should be a medium item. This means 2 or more crafting hours (this is not cooking time, drying time, etc.. waiting around for something to set up.......it is craft time for the average crafter) or supplies worth at least $20.

ABOUT SENDING AND RECEIVING...
1) When you send to the person you have claimed, you MUST PM the organizer with the delivery confirmation # or if you are outside the US, you need to either PM the customs number on your receipt from the post office or upload a copy of your post office receipt.

2) When you receive a claim, you MUST PM the organizer so she can update the main list.

3) NEW!!!! We are asking that everyone post once a week in the discussion/gallery board--so that we know you're still here with us Smiley  Obviously, if you join mid month, you would only need to post for the weeks you are in the swap (the last 2 weeks cuz you weren't in the swap during the first 2 weeks).

If you post:  "I'm still here but swamped with work!" that's ok! If you want to post a big rambling note about what you did during the week, that's ok too. Don't forget to comment on the awesome items folks are receiving from their claims!

Did you make something that you'd just love to make again? Post it in the discussion and suggest that mebby someone add it to their wish list so you mebby could claim them! I had lots of paint and brushes left over from when I taught One Stroke Painting classes (am a certified One Stroke Painting Instructor). Some of those brushes and paints were sent to a new home(s) cuz they don't like sitting in my storage rooms down in the store. Do you have extra stuff that needs a new home? list it in a post, and give us a nudge to add it to our wish lists!

Go ahead, check out your excess or duplicate things, mention them in this swap's discussion board and perhaps they too will soon be winging their way to a new home where they will be used!

Let's keep the discussions going and maybe growing--ideas for some games we can do in the discussion/gallery board? I would be more than happy to supply some prizes!

These 2 required PM's are part of communication and are used when giving feedback for participating in this swap.

If you want to participate, information to send to: rscowtown
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 138 {June 2017}
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:

1. Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? (If not, please read carefully to be sure you do not claim someone outside your country)

2. Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)

3. Do you understand that you are claiming for at least a medium sized item? For this swap a medium sized item means 2 or more crafting hours or over $20 worth of supplies.

4. Are you a Friend of Craftster?

5. How many claims are you allowed? (New swappers--this would be your very first swap ever--1 claim; those who have been in swaps before--2 claims; Friends of Craftster--3 claims) Please type 1, 2 or 3--->

6. Do you agree that you will PM the organizer when you send and when you receive, and if sending, PM the delivery confirmation # or a pic of the receipt if you are outside the US?

7. Do you understand that you should post at once a week in the discussion thread?

8. Tell me anything you want (I am the only person who sees this Smiley

Any questions?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER (rscowtown) VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Do not post in this thread until you are ready to make a claim. All discussion needs to be kept in the discussion/gallery thread. Please post at least once in the discussion thread.

When you PM the organizer for sending and receiving please include the name of the swap (including the round) and the due date of the claim.  
I.E.  Sally ----> Suzy for a pink pony saddle due out Jan 1

Please pay close attention to your partners wish list and allergies, likes, dislikes etc. Make sure your own allergy information and your country are prominently displayed in your post.

Do not claim someone while waiting for approval. You may claim as soon as you get approval confirmation.

Have your list including both 15 medium crafted items AND 15 supply items ready before making your first claim (the more you have, the better your chance of getting claimed quickly).

Please include your claims status: How many claims you have made in total, how many are in transit and how many have been received by their intended recipients. i.e/ 4 claims/1 in transit/2 received.

Unsent Claim Limit:
Friend of Craftster: Three
First-Time Swapper: One
Everyone Else: Two

You may claim again once you have shipped a claim but you can not have more than twice your Unsent Claim Limit outstanding at any one time.

If you are a friend of craftster you can have 3 unsent claims open at a time and no more than 6 total claims open (open meaning in transit as well as not yet sent) no matter how many have been posted. As an example, You claim 3 times, send all 3 claims out, then claim 3 more times. Even when you send any or even all of those 3 claims, you can not claim again until a claim has been received. So a person can be 6 claims/3 in transit/0 received. Or 6/6/0 or 8/5/2 or 7/5/1.

If you are not a friend of craftster, you can have at most 2 claims unsent and 4 claims total between unsent and in transit. So 4/2/0 is okay or 5/3/1 or 6/4/2

If this is your first swap, You can have at most one claim in transit and one claim unsent. 2/1/0, 2/2/0, 3/1/1

Please keep in mind that DC#'s are required for all US to US cans and receipts are required for all international claims. If you can not provide a receipt and the item does not arrive you will need to resend the claim.

If you have questions, please PM rscowtown. Welcome to the June 2017 Round 138 of the OWS!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017 10:55:13 AM by rscowtown » THIS ROCKS   Logged

God's blessings, Laurel in Wisconsin
http://pinterest.com/rscowtown

PRIVATE SWAPS: prayer flags, mug rugs, other stuff, PM me please!

Hostess of OWS since August 2014 Smiley
rscowtown

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017 10:54:29 AM »

JOIN US!! Come on, you know you want to....sign up for the June OWS Round 138!:

1. fishstix43 2: 1/0/1
2. greybird  3: 1/0/1  
3. Mlsocci74 3: 1/0/1  
4. rscowtown 3: 2/0/1 x
5. Breegy 2: 1/0/1 x
6. thanate  2: 1/0/1
7. Alliekat914 3: r

[name;#of claims they can have; #claims in process/ #claims in transit/ #claims received]
(3 claims is a Friend of Craftster or FOC; 2 claims is someone who has been in swapss previously; 1 claim is for newbies)
~~~~~~~~~~

Here are the claims!  Round 138 for June--Let's bust out the claims!!

1. fishstix43 starts us off by claiming ----> La Chapa for something Star Wars  she got dis PP
2. Mlsocci74 claims ----> fishstix43 for a supply package she got dis PP
3. greybird yells CLAIM! on ----> Mlsocci74 for a metal stamp and something else she got dis
4. rscowtown claimeth ----> greybird for the Big book of knitted monsters, and a couple other items from her list  she got it all PP
5. thanate claims ----> me (rscowtown) for quilt blocks I got dis! PP
6. Breegy yelled CLAIM! on ----> thanate for bath bombs she got dis PP
7. rscowtown claims ----> Breegy for wood slices and shrinky dink plastic she got dem

Dis round is officially closed for cleansing!

~~~~~~~~~

sent to person they claimed
Person has received the lovely items crafted especially for them
PP=pictures in gallery for us to drool over
Late with communication; things happen, just drop a PM to your hostess please
MIA Please contact hostess ASAP "We miss you!!"
r=removed as they were unable to claim this round
feedback given=you sent, you received=whooohoooo!!!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017 10:09:44 AM by rscowtown » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rscowtown

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017 10:57:12 AM »

La Chapa was the last person to claim in the previous round, so she is the first person up for grabs now in June.

Here is her info:

Hi! My name is Olivia and I'm married with two boys. We live in a small apartment about 20 minutes from the Pacific Ocean along California's Central Coast. 

My absolute favorite color is green. Forest green, mossy green, and jade.  I'm also partial to the blue-green shades.  The color I wear the most however is black.  Often all black.  I've also been known to wear green (but never primary green!), brown, and other Earthy colors.  But I'm not picky about color! Lol! Not at all! Pffft!

Artificial fragrances will trigger allergies in my home, but we love things that are naturally scented with Essential oils.

I'm a practicing animist and respect all animals and all things Nature. I prefer vegan crafted items and supplies unless you know it is "ethically" produced, foraged, or repurposed. I apologize for this complication but I must walk the talk as much as possible, and lately my conscience has been nagging at me. 

If you'd like, you can browse my Etsy favorites, they should give you a pretty darn good idea of my aesthetic. I have favorited many items relevant to my wishlist.  https://www.etsy.com/people/spiderlingdreams/favorites/items-i-love

Thanks in advance! 

WISH LIST:
1. Gardening Half Apron. Something slightly gathered; I am a size petite large.  No ruffles. Something in black or olive green would be nice.  Favorite themes for fabric include botanicals, gardening, Nature, stripes, polka dots. I love these fabrics! https://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/4797278-little-wildflowers-by-swanbones & https://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/5174969-fernomenal-ferns-by-linda_facci
2. Cloth napkins - nothing fancy - solid colors are fine, but no white please
3. Blueberry themed pot holders
4. Cooking apron (full) - I'd love something cute like sushi, strawberries, blueberries, avocados or black cats - a nice sturdy material would be great for lots of loving and washing (I'm a messy cook!) https://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/2889577-sushi-by-kristinnohe  & https://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/5705555-fruits-veggies-by-nikkilately
5. Seed bead dangle earrings (I need ear wires that close though because my piercings are stretched- bonus is that if you don't already have some, you could always fashion some out of wire and not have to worry about gauge!) Please keep in mind my preferred colors.  An all black pair would rock my world! Here's a couple pairs that I like https://www.etsy.com/listing/496277977/beaded-earrings-seed-bead-earringshttps://www.etsy.com/listing/235374069/long-fringe-earrings-seed-bead-earrings
6. Wire wrapped jewelry. My absolute favorite gemstone is golden rutile quartz, but it doesn't have to be gemstone, I also like (ethically foraged) shells, fossils, bones and the like. My fave metals are brass and silver, but whatever you have is fine as long as it's a metal color and not some of the rainbow metallics. 
7. Ceramic beads
8. Lotion bars - EO scented only, no artificial fragrance please. Some of my favorite scents are lavender, frankincense, rosemary, rose, sandalwood, and patchouli. Blends are always fun.
9. Soap bars - EO scented only please, no artificial fragrance
10. Bath bombs! My son loves how they fizz, but he has sensitive skin so please avoid dyes and artificial fragrances. EOs are ok!
11. An embroidered (or cross stitch, etc.) piece that says "Familia" (without the quotes) and is decorated with wildflowers, or trees (oaks and/or pines), or maybe a blackberry bramble or ferns or something like that.  I have an 8 x 10 frame for it, but I can also use a 5x7 frame if that is more manageable.
12. An embroidery that says "harm none" (without the quotes) with any woodland plants, animals, and or insects.  Something more prim or stylized and less baby nursery would be nice. 
13. Anything Star Wars themed appropriate for a 7 year old boy (my son)
14. Anything spider themed (for me)
15. Anything Kodama themed, because I love Kodama!
16. Insect brooch - any craft. Nothing cartoony though.  I like moths, beetles, bumble bees, and spiders.
17. Weather resistant wind chime for my back patio - I love rustic styles best
18. Macrame plant hanger
19. Tie dye top - short or long sleeve ladies T, scoop or v- neck , or tank top.  Combos I'd like: navy-black,  plum-black, olive-black, dark green-black, plum-navy,  teal-black, burgundy-black, two of these listed colors and black, or even just one single color from this list.

SUPPLIES
1. Wire for wire wrapping! Any metal any gauge! No rainbow colors though, just metal colors. Brass is a fave.(Thank you snowyangel!)
2. Clear gesso
3. Nature themed washi tape
4. Wool yarn (aran, sport, worsted, dk) from an ethical producer like Malabrigo, Manos del Uruguay, Rosy Green Wool, Madelinetosh, and Blue Sky Fibers (just as a side note, since these yarns are pricier, one skein will in most cases equal one medium)
5. Organic cotton yarn - I mostly use this for baby toys, so soft or Earthy colors are best - no brights please
6. Apothecary jars (with cork tops?) for storing small natural curiosities.  I'm thinking spice jar size down to just slightly larger than jewelry size.
7. Vetiver essential oil - none of my local stores carry it!
8. Naturally shed feathers - Do you or a neighbor have chickens?  I would love some naturally shed rooster feathers!  Do you are a family member have a parrot?  I would love some naturally shed parrot feathers!
9. Black stamp pad - I found some cute rubber stamps at the goodwill, and I'd love to use them
10. 2.5-3 inch unfinished wood craft rings, like these https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01L5LD5I6/ref=mp_s_a_1_14_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1494867688&sr=8-14&keywords=wooden+rings+for+crafts
11. 3/4 inch and 1 inch unfinished wood round beads (Thanks snowyangel!)
12. Gouache! I'd love to start working in gouache! So far I have: none.  Brands I'm interested in are DaVinci, Holbein, Winsor & newton, Utrecht, Caran, but as long as it's Artist grade gouache and not Student gouache, brand doesn't matter.  Sorry, apparently I'm a pigment snob as well as a yarn snob. Lol!
13. Sorry, I'm stuck here! Feel free to send me something you think I'd like.  You know, that thing I didn't know I needed but I do?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017 12:51:42 PM »

I claim Lachapa for something Star Wars for her son! (Due 6/25)

1/0/0

Hi!  Im Alicia! Im a polymer chemist currently living in Pittsburgh, PA.  I live with my fiance and our two cats.

Likes:  lots of color! (especially blues), argyle, sciencey things (chemistry especially of course), using old, unloved things to make new, useful ones, wolves, daffodils, video games (I love Luigi and Pokemon), books (fantasy FTW), and tabletop RPGs (World of Darkness specifically)

Dislikes:  Super pink and cutesy or death/goth things.  Also, the color orange (its fine in small amounts, just dont generally like it as the main color).

No allergies here!

Crafts

Current Big Wish:
Pokemon-themed work out tops such as:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/79798224630319134/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/79798224630323989/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/198158452327761885/
I have to do physical therapy for several hours each week, and I just get such a kick out of these.

Anything from my Pinterest would be loved. Crafts for DJ is the board for my fiance - he has gotten some great things from Craftster in the past, and theyre always appreciated!

Homemade lotions/body butters- I have eczema, so anything with dry skin love would be great (please no soap though, full up on that at the moment!). 

Tie-dyed anything, especially clothing.  I would wear the crap out of just some basic tie dye t-shirts, especially the classic rainbow spiral design.

Alice in Wonderland themed kitchen towels or potholders.

Bowser amigurumi

Tree of life pendant

A shadowbox with a mash up of the Hufflepuff and Slytherin house crests that can be used to display our two wands - we got engaged at Universal Studios in front of Hogwarts, so they are special to us.

Resin pendants - no bugs, but just about anything else that Ive seen put in resin would be cool.  Magnets would work too, instead of a pendant.

Flannel PJ pants - plaid would be extra awesome, and Id prefer drawstring over elastic waist.

Hip bag (the kind without the lower leg strap) - examples on pinterest

Polymer clay food charms - I think these are absolutely adorable.  I probably wouldnt wear them as jewelry, but would totally clip them to zippers/keychains/etc.

Stone bead bracelets (think the power beads from the 90s).  Very simple, but I love the weight to them.

Interesting minis that would fit in a 2x 2 box, based on any of my themes.  I have a display shelf that has a lot of these small spaces free and Id love to fill it up!

Craft Supplies I totally support reusing supplies, so used is always okay. Im also okay with all-supply claims if you dont feel like crafting for me!

I just started to get into art journaling, so I would love any of the affiliated supplies, especially:
Stamps and stencils
Embossing powder
Any kind of ink spray
Washi tape
Paint pens - the finer, the better
Tim Holtz Distress Stains
Watercolor or mixed media paper (student grade is fine)

Fabric- plain cuts large enough to make clothing (usually at least 2 yards) in things like wool, linen, nice cottons.  I have lots of crazy polyester prints, but I want to make some nice classic basics.  I dont really use quilting cottons.

Any garment sewing (not quilting) magazines, especially Threads and BurdaStyle/Burda World of Fashion - dont have to be current

Lighter weights of iron on interfacing (for clothes, not bags) - knit or woven. 

Serger thread - any colors - groups of 3 or 4 cones is best

Cotton cording to make coiled fabric bowls - these are my go-to for charity sewing, so I use up a lot of this stuff!

Any of the sewing patterns from my pinterest wish list

Thanks in advance to whoever makes my wish come true!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mlsocci74

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017 08:08:29 AM »

I claim fishstix43 for a supply package of goodies. 

This is my first claim this round.  Yeah!  1-0-0

I am Melissa from northeast PA.  I love photography and all sorts of crafts in general.  I am blessed with an amazing family.  Daughter Kaitlyn (21), Son Ethan (15), Son Lucas (1) and Son Cooper (1).

Lots (I mean LOTS and new added often) of ideas on my pinterest.  Check out "I sooooo want" and "supplies"   Unless you care to check something off my bucket list, I'd love the trip to Greece.  LOL.  Smiley 

An all supplies package is also welcome.  Smiley

*tshirt like this - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/231372499585440051/ (xxl or xxxl if runs small)
*Baskets like this - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/3448137195786264/
*a necklace like this - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/312578030371028264/
*Anything Mickey or PJ Masks thats 1 year old safe for my boys. 
*Some of your gelli prints I can use in some projects of my own.  Smiley
*Tag blankets for my boys.
*This (your version) tshirt - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AfdqOTQgV8KWRytaaDgT5C006Hraii5saeggv-lvgtVrsrBj_vRwSk4/ (2x)
*https://www.pinterest.com/pin/3448137184467490/  I would love two for my little guys (i will gladly trade, etc for the 2nd one)
* A coffee scrub 
* Minky Blankets for my boys.  Or any soft blanket really. 
* stuffies safe for my boys to play with or any toy for 1 year olds. 
* Harley String art https://www.pinterest.com/pin/181058847496365735/
*Clay gift tags something like https://www.pinterest.com/pin/141511613262752437/ but with any nice little sayings
* some paper roses made out of old book pages
*Hot process or cold process soap
* A soda can motorcycle : https://www.pinterest.com/pin/408772103649975180/
* Wood motorcycle - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/441915782159082287/
* Unpaper towels with holes for hanging
*I'd love a phillies "P" tshirt all blingy!  with those flatback rhinestones you iron on.  The best shirts for me are old navy tshirts xxl but not limited to them.  lol
* A dress like this: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=193783.0
* Knit socks
* a tee like this - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=34533413
* Etched casserole dish (pm for personalization)
*etched wine glasses (pm for personalzation)
* Curling Iron Heat Resistant cozy
* A shower curtain (yellow, black, grey, white or any combo of such colors)
*Anything to do with Rigs (semi trucks) or international trucks
* A nice tablecloth.  I have a large square table.  I can get measurements if needed.  Smiley
*Pack n play sheets (esp in dallas cowboys or philadelphia eagles or Philadelphia Philles)
*Crib Sheets (in Harley/Motorcycle design)
*Lightweight baby blankets in cowboys, eagles or harley
*Pillowcases for standard size pillows in dallas cowboys or fun bright crazy patterns

CRAFT SUPPLIES:

*vanilla beans (to make homemade vanilla)
* HUGE WISH - wood blocks like this - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37328002&ref=sr_gallery_6&&ga_search_query=wood+blocks&ga_search_type=supplies&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
* blanks for stamping.  (copper, steel)
* SUPER HUGE UNREALISTIC WISH: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=161100.0
*Essential oils: eucalyptus, tea tree, peppermint
* sea glass (if you can drill a hole in it even better) Smiley
*laser water slide decals
*Mixed media supplies.  Trying it out but could use some fun supplies.  Paper stuff, gesso, paint, stencils, paint brushes, etc anything you think would be great to try.
*Tim Holtz Distress oxides minis. 
*Gelatos
*Liquid Pearls
*Ken Oliver Color Bursts
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greybird

<3 birds, glitter, sparkles <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017 06:43:56 PM »

I claim MlSocci74 for the metal stamp we talked about plus something else   Smiley

My first claim this round.  1/0/0

Hi, I live in Florida in the USA with my hubby and pet birds and chickens.

likes: mint aqua, Tiffany blue, black, silver, cooler tone colors like greens, sapphire blues, purples in jewel tones   I (generally) prefer useful items glittery/sparkly/shiny things In jewelry I prefer silver over gold color. I like longer necklaces (22" to 24"), lapis lazuli birds, chickens (prefer hens over roosters), chubby song birds, ravens, crows, owls velvet, natural dyed yarns/fiber, bold colorful yarn/fiber more on my crafster profile

dislikes: sky blue, orange, yellow, neon colors, pink lace, hounds-tooth print, country themes, animal prints (cheetah, zebra etc) not into pin-back buttons/badges (the kind with photos/quotes printed and pressed into a badge/pin but decorative brooches like on my pinterest are entirely ok though!) more on my crafster profile

Please no polymer clay items as they tend to get sticky here where I live. Sad

allergies:
Scents/perfumes and cigarette smoke give me migraines. Sad
I am fairly certain I am allergic to mohairit feels like glass on my skin. Sad

Thank you in advance for crafting for me! Smiley

Pinterest

Anything on any of my "Wishes - ((Craft type or supply))" boards.   
https://www.pinterest.com/craftybirdy/

Sewing
macaron coin purse - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/249879479301313753/
crazy quilted something -- maybe a zipper pouch or purse.  Examples of the style of crazy quilting I love:   
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/249879479301102366/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/249879479301102367/
Skillet handle covers - in dark fabric. But its for my hubby for camping so nothing overly girly please. Smiley He's not into sports though, so maybe solid, plaid, vegetable print, camping print etc. He likes blues, browns, greys, maybe a dark green.
zip pouches - always need more of these, various sizes

Yarn / Fiber / Felt / Knitting & Crocheted Items

Crochet rug - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/249879479300794452/
I love handspun and hand dyed yarn! Smiley
handdyed yarn using plants/natural items (like indigo, walnut shells, flowers etc)
Barbie clothes from my pinterest board. I can use multiples if there is a pattern you happen to enjoy making. I'd especially love some cadigans. 

Jewelry / Ornamentals

Resin flower necklace -- like this one:  http://www.pinterest.com/pin/249879479297934626/
resin pendant - no bugs though
broken china pendant like this one: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/249879479296764706/
Any brooch from my pinterest brooch board

Other Crafty

decorated matchbox filled with whimsies
ceramic buttons - (not polymer clay) - many examples on my wishes-ceramics/pottery/glass board
stained glass things -- love birds, rich jewel tones.
beaded bird like this one: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/249879479297782479/ -- there are many more on pinterest
Bead and Wire Cross wall hanging These colors are great!  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/249879479296764748/

Supplies

Used supplies are fine! Smiley Supply only packages are great too! Cheesy
You can find examples for most of these items on my Wishes - Crafty Supplies board.

Sterling Silver jewelry findings
round glass beads, size 10mm in various colors
round glass beads, size 15-16mm in various colors
rice beads (glass or metal), size 5mm in various colors
4mm round or flat round seed beads in various colors
6mm round glass or pearl beads in various colors
swarovski bicone beads - various colors, various sizes (like 4mm to 8mm)
glow in the dark seed beads
gemstone beads - prefer faceted in these shapes: round, rondelles, ovals, teardrops
fancy fabrics - velvets, silks, brocades - even scraps are great!
copic markers - even just a couple so I can try them
Yarn cutter - safe to take on airplanes like the Clover yarn cutter pendant
Book: big book of knitted monsters by Rebecca Danger
jar of whimsies (plastic jar is fine since glass is heavy to ship and might break)
wool felt

extras

smashed/pressed pennies
postcards
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rscowtown

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017 10:44:27 PM »

I claim greybird for some items....I'll dig out my laptop and update my list in a few minutes....

Hi I'm Laurel from Wisconsin. Married to Mark for 33 years, mom to a boy 24 and girl 29 and grandma to a 7 year old. We have 3 rescued dachshunds, I love the old ugly ones that no one wants.

** Please pm me if you find something on my pin boards that isn't listed below, sometimes I pin stuff for ideas but may have already made the item and forgotten to mark it or just pinned it for a random idea.

Please do NOT send items with roses or clowns on them (aka stuff i don't like) thanks!

WISHLIST STUFF:

Here is my swap/claim wish list Pinterest board **added new items 2/8/17**

https://www.pinterest.com/rscowtown/ongoing-wish-pinterest-swap-board/

Anything from my Amazon wish list: USED IS FINE for books.    http://amzn.com/w/1Z0HF1CX825QZ

FIBER GOODNESS AKA KNITTING/CROCHETING/YARN ETC.:

I would love, love, love any of these tote bags:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/262471217/knitting-bag-yarn-bag-knit-superpower

https://www.etsy.com/listing/251347697/through-the-hedge-sheep-cotton-tote-bag

YARN:

mini skeins of this type of yarn: any colors or color packs

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MothyAndTheSquid?ref=l2-shopheader-name&section_id=17960170

Zwerger Garn Opal Harry Potter: its discontinued, but any skeins, any color of this brand would be just awesome to receive!!

Sock yarn: aka fingering weight yarn, superwash merino/nylon blend preferred. the nylon gives it stretch.
Here are some of my fav Etsy sellers for sock yarns:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeggyJaneFibers?ref=l2-shopheader-name&section_id=19772889

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CrystalskyesHandDyed?ref=l2-shop-info-name (she offers free shipping!)

https://www.etsy.com/shop/KnarwhalKnits?ref=l2-shopheader-name  (any of their mini skein sets would be super to add to my stash or their Snowscape watercolor yarn)

or Crazy Zauberball in any color (must say crazy)

These FIBERS:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/244822650/whats-up-doc-2-oz-puni-style-rolags

https://www.etsy.com/listing/278018778/peacock-on-merino-roving-4oz?ref=related-2

https://www.etsy.com/listing/278018516/jubilee-on-merino-roving-4oz?ref=related-1

SEWN STUFF:
We really could use these **For Hubby**pairs of standard size pillow cases in these themes:

Green Bay Packer print fabric (Thanks Averia!)
Milwaukee Brewers print
Wisconsin Badgers

knitting project bags out of any of the following prints:
sheep, nurse hats, colorful balls of yarn, chickens with chicken coops, owls in pine trees, foxes on light blue background
Here is a link to an etsy shop I have purchased from: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ZoesBagBoutique?ref=l2-shopheader-name
(I already have the sheep knitting project bag that has red balls of yarn, and a couple sheep with yarn labels on them) her $13.95 drawstring bag is perfect for my WIPS.

**I have some quilt squares from Craftster swaps and would love more! such as:

Orphan quilt squares:if you have some that long for a home, I'll gladly take them in, 12x12 prefered, but any size I can adapt to fit, pattern or colors (but no roses or clowns allowed) **please NO hexagon pieced--I have sooo many of them here, and am finishing up a grandmothers flower garden quilt that I started 30 years, yes YEARS ago LOL**

Here are links to squares that would be great to receive:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/104497653826004452/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/104497653827763450/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/479563060301396199/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/104497653829119352/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/104497653831531154

SUPPLIES:

These lovely paints:  http://butterflyreflectionsink.3dcartstores.com/Gansai-Tambi-Starry-Colors_p_7266.html

RUBBER STAMPS:
This rubber stamp:  Taylored Expressions - Cling Mounted Rubber Stamp - Animals in Love - Dachshunds
Part Number:TAY-CLG-14634  you can buy it here:  http://www.franticstamper.com/Taylored-Expressions--Cling-Mounted-Rubber-Stamp--Animals-in-Love--Dachshunds_p_115653.html

Yes I am a walking dead fan and now am looking for zombie stamps. I have a lot of zombie stamps, but I would love any of Len Peralta's zombie stamps or zombie words from artgonewild.com, as I don't have any of Len's yet. (I love the dr and nurse set and the new reindeer and elf zombie set--hint hint)

THREADS: Any of these variegated threads spools of all cotton thread

Plastic bobbins for a Brother sewing machine

Etsy supplies I would love to receive:

#39 of this listing--  https://www.etsy.com/listing/202738359/your-choice-diy-painting-polymer-clay

https://www.etsy.com/listing/479230953/stencilscrapbookingcraft-stencilpaper

https://www.etsy.com/listing/129210491/fox-design-stamp-metal-stamp-large

Gift cards to:
Etsy
Jimmy Beans Wool
KnitPicks
Hobby Lobby
Jo Ann's
Michaels
McDonalds I get my morning iced coffee there everyday LOL

Lindy's Stamp Gang, any of their powder sets.

HUGEMUNGOUS OMGOSH I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER IF YOU FIND ME ONE OF THESE: VW emblem from the front of a VW bus (must be the big VW not the small one from a beetle, cuz I got dat)  must be used like mebby from a junk yard? Its around 12" in dia.

Thanks for considering me to craft for in this swap!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017 11:42:08 PM by rscowtown » THIS ROCKS   Logged

thanate
wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

writer/crafter/naturalist, mother

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017 05:56:10 AM »

Yay, I'm in! Smiley

Claiming rscowtown for some quilt blocks-- we'll see how many I can make in a couple hours. Wink

(1/0/0, due July 1)

Hi-- I'm Ann, writer/crafter/naturalist by inclination but mostly full-time mother to my 4-year-old daughter at present.  We're in Maryland (USA).  Allergic to tobacco, so nothing unwashable from a home with smokers, please!

Favorite household things include nature (gardening/animals/habitat...), books, dolls, & science.  I am especially fond of greens & earth tones; my child likes pink, yellow, and all the colors of the rainbow!  Also she's horse-mad, but robots & dinosaurs & swords, & just about any other animals are good too.  Ping me if you need sizes for anything!

We prefer recycled content or thrifted supplies if you've got them!

Wishlist (supplies & crafts mixed, hope that's ok!):

I just made a pinterest board!  Anything on here is fair game, please read any comments:
https://www.pinterest.com/interfacemasque/swap-ideas/

(I also have a gifts to buy board, which might have a couple useful or craftable things on it: https://www.pinterest.com/interfacemasque/things-i-want-commerce/ )

etsy supplies list: https://www.etsy.com/people/thanate/favorites/supplies?ref=favs_index_2
& the full these are pretty! list if you want a stylistic ideabook: https://www.etsy.com/people/thanate/favorites/items-i-love?ref=favs_index_1

Garden stuff:
*birdhouses (no perch, something that opens so we can clean it out between seasons, otherwise have fun!) or nest shelves for non-cavity-nesters.

*solitary bee housing (Xerxes society guidelines (pdf): http://www.xerces.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/nests_for_native_bees_fact_sheet_xerces_society.pdf)

*Natural reed solitary bee tubes (see pdf above) in a variety of diameters (buy or make, up to you, but we find they're more popular than the cardboard kind)

*Fairy Garden accessories! We have one small fairy garden in more-or-less 1/12 scale, but my child would be completely happy with doll-sized furniture to set about in plant pots, or with fairies turning up in the garden, or probably most anything else.  Smiley  I prefer no garden gnomes or fly agaric (the red polka-dot mushrooms which in real life are super poisonous)

*skeletal or otherwise fun yard flamingos.  (my child has a pink one that migrates around the yard & gets fed grass, but I'm sure it would like friends!)

*fun wind chimes or hanging yard ornaments, preferably that won't drop toxic or plastic bits as they eventually fall apart.

Kid things:
*Dinosaur eggs (dirt or soap/bathbombs) which can be destroyed by a 4-year-old in search of treasures. (Dinosaurs optional! Feel free to use snakes or fairies or treasures or whatever you've got that seems like fun)

*Story stones (see pinterest for several sets I like)

*Doll clothes!  We have old-style Barbies & Ken, Hasbro Disney princesses, a barbie-sized Superhero Girl, a My Friend Jenny, a Baby Alive, & a full-sized poppet, any of whom would be happy to have wardrobe additions.  (Also, cloth diapers & a waterproof wrapper for the Baby Alive would be awesome!)

*coloring books or sheets for preschool levels of coloring

*Letter beads with pony-bead-sized holes.

*Washable markers/pencils/art supplies in your favorite style Smiley (tho I prefer things that minimize how much glitter I'm washing down the sink.)

*Recycled content craft paper-- construction paper, sketch pads, stuff like that.  Not sure why it is so hard to find things that are actually recycled rather than just recyclable for kids to make art from.

*Play food or
*Plantable play food (like these: http://abeautifulmess.com/2014/03/diy-plantable-felt-garden-box.html, garden box optional)

*craft kits (bought or made!) for pre-school aged kids-- anything I can just pull out without having to track down tools & materials while being pestered by a 4-yr-old is grand.

Me things:
*UNSCENTED eco-friendly candles.  (soy wax, beeswax, recycled parafin) or soy/beeswax to make my own.

*Oak leaf accessories-- there are a bunch on pinterest.  I can't wear earrings, but things on bobby pins or just with jump rings to attach to something is great.  Favorite oak is Quercus Alba (white oak-- rounded leaf tips, uneven lobes) Green/brown or natural fall colors preferred.

*Midori-style, regular size:
--inserts made out of recycled paper (why is this hard to find??)
--pencil pouch
--folder for loose paper

*silk or linen embroidery floss; I can use any color but nothing flourescent or sparkly please. Smiley

*a tabletop zen garden with one of those mini rakes, & maybe also a lid would be nice.

*Machine or hand-embroidered patches with nature things or other motifs (see pinterest or etsy favs for ideas)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017 06:38:23 AM by thanate » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current aesthetic: jeans & angry environmentalist t-shirts

Team Oak Tree.

Read more! (sometimes I write stuff)
Breegy
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017 10:00:25 AM »

I claim thanate for bathbombs!

1/0/0

Hello, my name is Bree. I identify myself as a mother, graphic designer, and crocheter, but I do much more. I currently reside in St. Louis, MO with my darling 6 year old daughter, my fiance, and our dwarf bunny.

**If you have any sign or decal wants, add it to your list and Ill snag you if I can! I can print, as well as cut things out on vinyl!**

I love geometric shapes and designs, as well as thick stripes
I love aliens and typography.
I love black, mustard yellow, and navy. I am also keen on fall schemes and bold combos.
I love coffee, hippy, and lavender scents.
I am a leather wearing tomboy with an eclectic, artsy side.

I dislike floral, girly, or grandma designs.
I dislike pastels, pinks, and most blues.
I dislike all fruit scents but lemon.

Allergies:
Cats! I wont break out in hives if you made something in a home with cats, but just try and make sure all the fur and dander is rolled/wiped off before sending please!

House themes:
Living Room: Mustard, Brown, Burnt Orange, and Dark Red. Lots of gold knickknacks and such.
Bedroom: Scandinavian texture theme. Greys, white, dark wood,  and some black.
Kitchen: 70s green, red, and orange. Modernly kitschy? I based the colors off this
DDs Room: Hot pink, light blue, lime, yellow, purple. like a typical preteen bedroom +cats.

Check out my pinterest here for other ideas!
(Anything linked to patterns is just an example! I do not want patterns!)

WISHLIST:
SEWING:
■  Reusable Lunch Bags
■  Remote holder
■  Animal balloon pillow
■  Hot Pads

YARNIE THINGS:
■  Knitted elven hat for me!
■  Knitted elven hat for DD!
■  Knitted hat for fiance in dark grey and black
■  Cacti in pots
■  Reusable Bags

OTHER/ALL MEDIUMS:
■  This sculpted alien.
■  Diffuser necklace
■  A mosaic photo frame like this in CMYK.
■  Magnet map
■  Beaded bobbypins
■  Reusable Bags
■  Homemade Soap
■  A typography, cmyk, or alien themed mousepad
■  Buttons and/or patches inspired by this board!
■  Homemade bath bombs! Dont worry too much about picking the perfect scents for my tastes, because if dont like it, DD will!
■  Elf on a Shelf Accessories! (his name is Techno)
■  Gourd Birdhouses
■  Candles (see preferred smells above)
■  Bunny toys! (or treats)
■  A large stuffed alien. I have shoulder issues and sleep on my side, so I need something to put under my arm! (I know, Im 30 and am asking for a stuffed alien to sleep with.)
■  ANY DIY household/beauty items you love!
■  Wool dryer balls

SUPPLIES:
NOTE: I'm not really that interested in supplies this round unless it's bolded.
■  Yarn
    -I would love some natural fibers, but it's not necessary!
    -super chunky in any colors
    -bold colors in worsted
    -no supersavers or variegated, please
■  Crochet counters and needles
    -I need a bigger hook than N for rugs and baskets.
■  White or off-white lace ribbon
■  Shrinky dink
■  Permanent markers (preferably double ended)
■  Metal Stamping Kit
■  Essential oils
■  Washi Tape
■  Paint Pens
■  Wood Slices
     -Small, Large, Thin, Thick, Tall. I dont care! It will be used! Seriously, go into your back yard and send me slivers of your trees.

EXTRAS:
■  A magnet from your location
■  Coffee flavored anything
■  Coconut candy
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017 10:03:57 AM by Breegy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rscowtown

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017 07:05:34 AM »

I claim Breegy for shrink plastic and wood slices.

2/0/0
Hi I'm Laurel from Wisconsin. Married to Mark for 33 years, mom to a boy 24 and girl 29 and grandma to a 7 year old. We have 3 rescued dachshunds, I love the old ugly ones that no one wants.

** Please pm me if you find something on my pin boards that isn't listed below, sometimes I pin stuff for ideas but may have already made the item and forgotten to mark it or just pinned it for a random idea.

Please do NOT send items with roses or clowns on them (aka stuff i don't like) thanks!

WISHLIST STUFF:

Here is my swap/claim wish list Pinterest board **added new items 2/8/17**

https://www.pinterest.com/rscowtown/ongoing-wish-pinterest-swap-board/

Anything from my Amazon wish list: USED IS FINE for books.    http://amzn.com/w/1Z0HF1CX825QZ

FIBER GOODNESS AKA KNITTING/CROCHETING/YARN ETC.:

I would love, love, love any of these tote bags:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/262471217/knitting-bag-yarn-bag-knit-superpower

https://www.etsy.com/listing/251347697/through-the-hedge-sheep-cotton-tote-bag

SEWN STUFF I'D LIKE: **please remember i do NOT like roses Smiley

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/104497653829312599/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/56576539040832690/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/104497653827340617/  (the top flower)

YARN:

mini skeins of this type of yarn: any colors or color packs

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MothyAndTheSquid?ref=l2-shopheader-name&section_id=17960170

Zwerger Garn Opal Harry Potter: its discontinued, but any skeins, any color of this brand would be just awesome to receive!!

Sock yarn: aka fingering weight yarn, superwash merino/nylon blend preferred. the nylon gives it stretch.
Here are some of my fav Etsy sellers for sock yarns:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeggyJaneFibers?ref=l2-shopheader-name&section_id=19772889

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CrystalskyesHandDyed?ref=l2-shop-info-name (she offers free shipping!)

https://www.etsy.com/shop/KnarwhalKnits?ref=l2-shopheader-name  (any of their mini skein sets would be super to add to my stash or their Snowscape watercolor yarn)

or Crazy Zauberball in any color (must say crazy)

These FIBERS:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/244822650/whats-up-doc-2-oz-puni-style-rolags

https://www.etsy.com/listing/278018778/peacock-on-merino-roving-4oz?ref=related-2

https://www.etsy.com/listing/278018516/jubilee-on-merino-roving-4oz?ref=related-1

SEWN STUFF:
We really could use these **For Hubby**pairs of standard size pillow cases in these themes:

Green Bay Packer print fabric (Thanks Averia!)
Milwaukee Brewers print
Wisconsin Badgers

knitting project bags out of any of the following prints:
sheep, nurse hats, colorful balls of yarn, chickens with chicken coops, owls in pine trees, foxes on light blue background
Here is a link to an etsy shop I have purchased from: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ZoesBagBoutique?ref=l2-shopheader-name
(I already have the sheep knitting project bag that has red balls of yarn, and a couple sheep with yarn labels on them) her $13.95 drawstring bag is perfect for my WIPS.

**I have some quilt squares from Craftster swaps and would love more! such as:

Orphan quilt squares:if you have some that long for a home, I'll gladly take them in, 12x12 prefered, but any size I can adapt to fit, pattern or colors (but no roses or clowns allowed) **please NO hexagon pieced--I have sooo many of them here, and am finishing up a grandmothers flower garden quilt that I started 30 years, yes YEARS ago LOL**

Here are links to squares that would be great to receive:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/104497653826004452/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/104497653827763450/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/479563060301396199/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/104497653829119352/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/104497653831531154

SUPPLIES:

These lovely paints:  http://butterflyreflectionsink.3dcartstores.com/Gansai-Tambi-Starry-Colors_p_7266.html

RUBBER STAMPS:
This rubber stamp:  Taylored Expressions - Cling Mounted Rubber Stamp - Animals in Love - Dachshunds
Part Number:TAY-CLG-14634  you can buy it here:  http://www.franticstamper.com/Taylored-Expressions--Cling-Mounted-Rubber-Stamp--Animals-in-Love--Dachshunds_p_115653.html

Yes I am a walking dead fan and now am looking for zombie stamps. I have a lot of zombie stamps, but I would love any of Len Peralta's zombie stamps or zombie words from artgonewild.com, as I don't have any of Len's yet. (I love the dr and nurse set and the new reindeer and elf zombie set--hint hint)

THREADS: Any of these variegated threads spools of all cotton thread  ** THEY ARE ON SALE NOW TILL MID JULY!!!***

Plastic bobbins for a Brother sewing machine

Etsy supplies I would love to receive:

#39 of this listing--  https://www.etsy.com/listing/202738359/your-choice-diy-painting-polymer-clay

https://www.etsy.com/listing/479230953/stencilscrapbookingcraft-stencilpaper

https://www.etsy.com/listing/129210491/fox-design-stamp-metal-stamp-large

**NEW** a bunch of these please:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/69931840/50-lobster-clasps-146mm-58-inch-parrot?ga_search_query=lobster+clasp&ref=shop_items_search_1

Gift cards to:
Etsy
Jimmy Beans Wool
KnitPicks
Hobby Lobby
Jo Ann's
Michaels
McDonalds I get my morning iced coffee there everyday LOL

Lindy's Stamp Gang, any of their powder sets.

HUGEMUNGOUS OMGOSH I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER IF YOU FIND ME ONE OF THESE: VW emblem from the front of a VW bus (must be the big VW not the small one from a beetle, cuz I got dat)  must be used like mebby from a junk yard? Its around 12" in dia.

Thanks for considering me to craft for in this swap!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017 09:06:31 AM by rscowtown » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Suit Jacket Purse
Best Friends

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...