A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 320,893
Currently Running With Scissors:
118 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cute baby booties and burp rags  (Read 3059 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

europebound_84

Next best thing to an automatic dryer

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2005 09:03:28 PM »

Ok *deep breath* this is my first post, so I hope I do everything right . . .

My cousins are poppin’ out babies!! One was just born two weeks ago, and the other is due in November. So, I wanted to make some things for my brand-new and soon-to-be cousins.

Wanting to make THE perfect baby gifts, I scoured endless websites for gifts. I decided on the gripper baby booties (even though they don’t even use their feet at this age, I thought they were cute), and they are so easy to make! If you have a steady hand, fabric paint and some cardboard (to put inside the bootie to make it flat on the bottom), you can whip these out in like a few minutes . . . but they have to dry and cure for a day.

The baby’s name is pronounced “Desiree” and the reason why there are 5 booties instead of 6 is because there is debate on when Dasariea was born, so I have to find that out. And sorry all the pictures are dark, I took some pictures with the flash and they were just blank almost from the glare.

And I also decided to make burp rags out of cutesy flannel. This was at the beginning of the summer and JoAnn’s had their flannel half off! I got this pattern from http://www.craftandfabriclinks.com/baby/shaped_burp_cloth.html and tweaked it a little so the corners would be more smooth and rounded. Like the site says, it only takes ¼ of a yard of material to make one of these burp rags! They are quick to make too. Once I had drawn out my pattern onto a large piece of paper and cut out the material, it took me maybe 5 minutes to assemble (I’m a lead foot all around, from the car to the sewing machine peddle). I did one extra step after I followed the directions on the site listed above, and that was a zigzag stitch on the outer edge of the rag, for decoration and for function.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2009 05:54:43 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
michellegiordano

mgcreations.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005 07:07:39 AM »

I think they are great, and I used burp clothes when I had my babies!  Could you do a tutorial for the booties? or did you use a pattern?  I have been trying to figure out booties for a christening gown I am designing (no baby, just the gown lol........)

Thanks!

Michelle Giordano
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PpCakes
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005 08:55:25 AM »

thats suck a good idea!!! i wish i had someone to make them for hahaha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my blog, its full of crafty awesome things, and life!

xo
http://ckscribbles.blogspot.com/
Cami
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005 06:16:52 PM »

awww how cute!!! Cheesy Smiley good job Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xo. Cami
aliciasjoy

my alien kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005 10:08:52 PM »

I like the burp rags-they're so stylish, we just used cloth diapers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

europebound_84

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005 10:44:24 PM »

actually I just bought the booties at walmart and then did all the painting . . . so I really didn't "create" anything, *shameful face* just wrote her name on the bottom and did the designs Tongue

Isn't it funny how you see some baby outfit and are like "awwww I wanna make that!!" and you have nobody to make it for Tongue I've always wanted to design/make a poofy flower girl dress, but I don't know anyone who is getting married or who is little enough to wear it Tongue

I dont know whether these burp rags will be very functional, they may leave a lot of uncovered space for the baby to puke on, but I thought they were cool Smiley And I've seen the cloth diapers made up real cute too, just by sewing a pannel of fabric on top of the padded middle part of the diaper, then some coordinating binding around the edge . . . great way to spruce them up if you have a place that has cheap fabric (like wally world and their $1 rack!!!)

Thanks for your comments y'all Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
michellegiordano

mgcreations.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005 08:26:33 AM »

Isn't it funny how you see some baby outfit and are like "awwww I wanna make that!!" and you have nobody to make it for Tongue I've always wanted to design/make a poofy flower girl dress, but I don't know anyone who is getting married or who is little enough to wear it Tongue

Actually, I am making a christening gown for no good reason and no baby around to wear it........... so I know what you mean! Its my second one "just because".  The first one I sold on ebay because I couldn't find a baby.......this one will probably go there too.  I am done having kids so no use saving it!

v
THIS ROCKS   Logged

europebound_84

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005 04:10:08 PM »

Hey, ebay is a great reason to make something. There are plenty of craft-challenged people out there. Plus it helps get your name out there for commissions (if that interests you). . . somebody saw a neck-tie skirt I made and asked me to make 5 pillow shams for those "euro" pillows (are these new or am I just out of the loop?) and I made a nice buck doing it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RoCkiN_StRaWbErRy

MmMmM StrAwBeRrY KiTtY!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005 07:42:12 AM »

great job sweetie!!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Sun Catcher
Tute Tuesday: Passport Wallet
Let's Go Camping!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...