A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Which flip flop creation is your favorite?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 313,878
Currently Running With Scissors:
375 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 137 (May 2017)  (Read 1085 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

rscowtown
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Lemme know how I can pray for you!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: April 29, 2017 08:30:23 AM »

Ongoing Wish Swap Round 137 May 2017

Click here for the Gallery/Discussion for round 137

Craftster member who is organizing this swap: rscowtown
Sign-up date range: 5/1/2017---5/31/2017
Claim date range 5/1/2017---5/31/2017 (some claims made near the end of the month will have a ship by date in the following month)
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after the date of the claim

Limited to a certain number of people? No, heck no! when the wall are starting to bow and the ceiling looks like its gonna cave in, we will just get a bigger room!

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO--everyone is warmly welcomed! Hey Tell us about where YOU live! share some pix, slap some up on a new pinterest board, let us stalk you from afar....and long to visit you!

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES you betcha, and I got a great co-organizer all lined up
- Is at least 18 years old: YES im gonna be 55 this year wheeeee!

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative comments: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:

This is an ongoing swap: Claim an item from the list of the last person who posted and post your own list in response. It makes a chain. When we get to the end of the month, the very last person to post a list will be the first person to post a list at the beginning of the next month.

The size of the claim should be a medium item. This means 2 or more crafting hours (this is not cooking time, drying time, etc.. waiting around for something to set up.......it is craft time for the average crafter) or supplies worth at least $20.

ABOUT SENDING AND RECEIVING...
1) When you send to the person you have claimed, you MUST PM the organizer with the delivery confirmation # or if you are outside the US, you need to either PM the customs number on your receipt from the post office or upload a copy of your post office receipt.

2) When you receive a claim, you MUST PM the organizer so she can update the main list.

3) NEW!!!! We are asking that everyone post once a week in the discussion/gallery board--so that we know you're still here with us Smiley  Obviously, if you join mid month, you would only need to post for the weeks you are in the swap (the last 2 weeks cuz you weren't in the swap during the first 2 weeks).

If you post:  "I'm still here but swamped with work!" that's ok! If you want to post a big rambling note about what you did during the week, that's ok too. Don't forget to comment on the awesome items folks are receiving from their claims!

Did you make something that you'd just love to make again? Post it in the discussion and suggest that mebby someone add it to their wish list so you mebby could claim them! I had lots of paint and brushes left over from when I taught One Stroke Painting classes (am a certified One Stroke Painting Instructor). Some of those brushes and paints were sent to a new home(s) cuz they don't like sitting in my storage rooms down in the store. Do you have extra stuff that needs a new home? list it in a post, and give us a nudge to add it to our wish lists!

Go ahead, check out your excess or duplicate things, mention them in this swap's discussion board and perhaps they too will soon be winging their way to a new home where they will be used!

Let's keep the discussions going and maybe growing--ideas for some games we can do in the discussion/gallery board? I would be more than happy to supply some prizes!

These 2 required PM's are part of communication and are used when giving feedback for participating in this swap.

If you want to participate, information to send to: rscowtown
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 137 {May 2017}
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:

1. Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? (If not, please read carefully to be sure you do not claim someone outside your country)

2. Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)

3. Do you understand that you are claiming for at least a medium sized item? For this swap a medium sized item means 2 or more crafting hours or over $20 worth of supplies.

4. Are you a Friend of Craftster?

5. How many claims are you allowed? (New swappers--this would be your very first swap ever--1 claim; those who have been in swaps before--2 claims; Friends of Craftster--3 claims) Please type 1, 2 or 3--->

6. Do you agree that you will PM the organizer when you send and when you receive, and if sending, PM the delivery confirmation # or a pic of the receipt if you are outside the US?

7. Do you understand that you should post at once a week in the discussion thread?

8. Tell me anything you want (I am the only person who sees this Smiley

Any questions?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER (rscowtown) VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Do not post in this thread until you are ready to make a claim. All discussion needs to be kept in the discussion/gallery thread. Please post at least once in the discussion thread.

When you PM the organizer for sending and receiving please include the name of the swap (including the round) and the due date of the claim.  
I.E.  Sally ----> Suzy for a pink pony saddle due out Jan 1

Please pay close attention to your partners wish list and allergies, likes, dislikes etc. Make sure your own allergy information and your country are prominently displayed in your post.

Do not claim someone while waiting for approval. You may claim as soon as you get approval confirmation.

Have your list including both 15 medium crafted items AND 15 supply items ready before making your first claim (the more you have, the better your chance of getting claimed quickly).

Please include your claims status: How many claims you have made in total, how many are in transit and how many have been received by their intended recipients. i.e/ 4 claims/1 in transit/2 received.

Unsent Claim Limit:
Friend of Craftster: Three
First-Time Swapper: One
Everyone Else: Two

You may claim again once you have shipped a claim but you can not have more than twice your Unsent Claim Limit outstanding at any one time.

If you are a friend of craftster you can have 3 unsent claims open at a time and no more than 6 total claims open (open meaning in transit as well as not yet sent) no matter how many have been posted. As an example, You claim 3 times, send all 3 claims out, then claim 3 more times. Even when you send any or even all of those 3 claims, you can not claim again until a claim has been received. So a person can be 6 claims/3 in transit/0 received. Or 6/6/0 or 8/5/2 or 7/5/1.

If you are not a friend of craftster, you can have at most 2 claims unsent and 4 claims total between unsent and in transit. So 4/2/0 is okay or 5/3/1 or 6/4/2

If this is your first swap, You can have at most one claim in transit and one claim unsent. 2/1/0, 2/2/0, 3/1/1

Please keep in mind that DC#'s are required for all US to US cans and receipts are required for all international claims. If you can not provide a receipt and the item does not arrive you will need to resend the claim.

If you have questions, please PM rscowtown. Welcome to the May 2017 Round 137 of the OWS!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017 08:38:26 AM by rscowtown » THIS ROCKS   Logged

God's blessings, Laurel in Wisconsin
http://pinterest.com/rscowtown

PRIVATE SWAPS: prayer flags, mug rugs, other stuff, PM me please!

Hostess of OWS since August 2014 Smiley
rscowtown

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017 08:34:38 AM »

JOIN US!! Come on, you know you want to....sign up for the May OWS Round 137!:

1. anna.wahnsinn  3: 1/0/1x
2. kittykill  3:  2/0/2 x
3. Averia  3:  2/0/2 x
4. rscowtown 3:
5. fishstix43  2: 1/0/1
6. La Chapa  2: 2/0/1 x
7. snowyangel  2: 2/0/2 x

[name;#of claims they can have; #claims in process/ #claims in transit/ #claims received]
(3 claims is a Friend of Craftster or FOC; 2 claims is someone who has been in swapss previously; 1 claim is for newbies)
~~~~~~~~~~

Here are the claims!  Round 137 for May!

1. Averia starts us out by claiming ----> anna.wahnsinn for an ironing pad she got dis PP
2. kittykill yells CLAIM! on ----> Averia for something tea related she got dis PP
3. Averia sneaks in her 2nd claim for ----> kittykill for some etsy patterns she got dis
4. anna.wahnsinn has an "Avie-stash" and is gonna finish one of the UFO's for ----> she got dis PP
5. fishstix43 has indeed claimed ----> anna.wahnsinn for frixion highlighters and stamps!  she got dis PP
6. snowyangel claims ----> Fishstix for hem markers, ink pads and maybe more she got dis PP
7. La Chappa yells CLAIM! on ----> snowyangel for something Pin inspired she got dis
8. BTU snowyangel ----> La Chapa for wood beads, wire and feathers she got dis PP
9. kittykill claims ----> snowyangel for a pin surprise she got dis PP
10. La Chapa is gonna send jewelry from the Pin board of ----> kittykill  she got dis

THIS ROUND IS CLOSED FOR THE CLEANSING!

~~~~~~~~~

sent to person they claimed
Person has received the lovely items crafted especially for them
PP=pictures in gallery for us to drool over
Late with communication; things happen, just drop a PM to your hostess please
MIA Please contact hostess ASAP "We miss you!!"
r=removed as they were unable to claim this round
feedback given=you sent, you received=whooohoooo!!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017 07:45:01 PM by rscowtown » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rscowtown

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017 08:35:14 AM »

The first person up for claiming is anna.wahnsinn as she was the last person who made a claim in the previous round.

Here is her info:

Hi, my name is Anne. I live in Bremen (in Germany!) with my husband Uwe and two little ones: Lea (5) and Hanna (3). I don't like cigarette/cigar smoke, but have no allergies to speak of (some artificial scents mostly, cats and dogs, but that doesn't matter for anything but wearables, and those are washable!). Our house is smoke- and pet-free (except for a few dust bunnies and maybe the odd spider).

My favourite colours are black (esp. for wearables), then dark teal, deep purple and dark brown (love the cool and soft shades), cream & taupe (sand, milk, stone, wool... think nature), and pink for accents. Always, always, always black will be a perfect choice! I like plain fabrics, or (stylized) patterns like leaves and blossoms; polka dot... Repurposed and/or used is always fine. I prefer cotton or other natural fibers over acrylics. Also I'm happy to receive mixed or supply only-claims!

I've set up a board on Pinterest for this swap, links to (almost) all handmade items (or at least pictures) from my list should be here: my Craftster Pinterest wishlist. Big wishes right now are there, but I have lots of things I want on other Pinterest boards, so if you find something there... Especially here Jewelry or here T-shirts I love the shirts I've received so far and am wearing them constantly. But I still want more!

Please keep in mind that I love miniatures! So if there is something you want to make, but shipping costs are too high, maybe it would also work out on a small to tiny scale? Especially if it's supposed to go on the wall.

Embellished / Decorated Shirts
I love the ones I've received so far and am wearing them constantly!
I prefer a round, wide neckline (don't like anything too close to the throat). And I love 3/4 sleeves (or long), but tees are always fine, too. Love both cotton with a bit of stretch as well as cotton only; also thinner fabrics. Women's plus size 26-30 or 3x-5x. As for colour, black or grey is perfect, as are any of my favourite colours.
Stencilled/drawn/painted/appliqued/embroidered etc. (printable iron-ons, because those tend to get destroyed in our washing machine, even in the wool cycle). I've also received some awesome vinyl iron-ons that I put on shirts myself, they work great!
Themes: T-Shirts
Some specific ideas:
O Rickroll shirt... Or can just be Rick Astley, without the rolling... Wink
O XKCD t-shirts (baby, natural parenting, grownups, counter-clockwise)
O Anything Labyrinth for me... Jareth, or a quotation, or... preferably in black and white (or a teeny bit glittery?)
O Calvin & Hobbes
O Disc World! Can be just a quotation, or anything really (Vimes & Sybil, Vetinari, Angua, UU, Granny Weatherwax, Nanny Ogg, Tiffany Aching, Death)

Sewn
O Ironing Tote (folds out into an ironing mat)
O Medium sized Pleated Tote, a very dark deep teal or brown would be a favourite, or black is always good, but with a zipper closure please!
O Or a tote/purse (with a zipper closure if possible) like one of these: Buttercup Bag; One Hour Bag; Carolina Breeze Bag
O If anyone has a nice dark black/teal/brown/purple jersey (solid or patterned) and maybe a serger, I'd love a very simple, plain tunic. It would have to be pretty large, though, XXL or XXXL.
O Fabric Wall Organizer (I have a cream/grey one already which was taken over by my husband.), I'd love my own! Maybe a bit more colourful than grey so I won't grab his correct things...

Knit or crochet
O Yoga socks / boot cuffs / leg warmers to warm my ankles (I want to keep on wearing dresses and skirts in fall and winter) (maybe some cream coloured ones?)
O An (otherwise fast and easy) knit hat or cowl with a leaves overlay like this! knit leaves
O Spiral heel socks
O Any socks really, cable, plain, self-striping, knit or or crochet...
O A big, beautiful purple beanie (dark cool soft shade; I have a warmer/burgundy one already) maybe like this one made by lydiaharper for mermaidcafe I want it for myself, so for a 60cm head! mermaidcafe's hat It doesn't have to be that pattern, or really any pattern at all, it just has to be long and wide enough so it doesn't keep slipping upwards on my hair. A deep teal or black would be lovely, too. My Ravelry Favourites are here.

Jewelry
O Anything Labyrinth (esp. Jareth!) or Calvin & Hobbes for me... painted, sketched, etched, crochet, knit, Fimo, sewn, beaded, woven, whittled, embroidered, whatever!
O Flat dark stone pendant with 4 crystals (or glittery glass) like this (two smaller, two larger) Flat dark stone pendant with crystals 4 glittery things (2 larger, 2 smaller) to represent my family
O Glow-in-the-Dark Tree of Life Pendant pretty much like this. or different!
O Han and Leia rings - one saying "i love you" and the other "i know"
O Mini hooplas or tiny art inchies, rinchies, twinchies in your favourite medium. Those make great pendants! I don't wear brooches, but I have lots of supplies to make a necklace from your piece of art! All t-shirt ideas would work very well for this, too!Maybe somthing from here as inspiration,
O Discworld related jewelry would be very much appreciated!

Other
O Something small printed/stamped/embroidered with dandelions on it: A tea wallet, a notebook, a little zippered coin purse or tampon wallet, wallet wallet, a earbud case, pendant, anything! Dandelions!
O Covered tape measure: sheep, zebra, penguin, kitten, or something completely different! Even a plain one in a cute/ptretty/cool fabric without any critters. Baaaa!
O Han and Leia Mugs - please include "i love you" and "i know" (on the inside bottom would be my favourite!) Han & Leia silhouette mugs
O mini stamps for "filofaxing" - appointments, aqua gym, gymnastic-y, birthdays, dates, movies, etc. - also works well for greeting cards (a candle, a cake or cupcake...)!  (various on my OWS board)
O Leather Planner cover in A6, big enough so I can put a regular notebook/moleskine and a calendar in it (like the smaller Moleskine flex) (2cm/a little less than 1"). I love plain oiled leather in darkish to dark brown.
O Screen printing kit (I would so love to try this!)
O Mini hooplas/wall art for my room in the doll house (because there is no space for a real hoopla wall and I love tiny things!). So inchies or rinchies in your favourite medium. Maybe somthing from here as an inspiration? Inspiration Board
O Tablet stand
O This Pottery Yarn Bowl is my absolute favourite (the colour, the little stars!), but I'd love a different one, or one made from a wooden bowl too. Or even from a large plastic cup, as long as it's fun to look at and doesn't topple over or hop around the room while I'm working. (If it's tall enough, I can always put a stone in as a weight! Right now I'm using a smallish earthenware sugar pot.)
O Binding or bias tape: patterned or solid, scrappy or single colour, from a fat quarter or a long strip from a sheet...
O Anything Labyrinth for me... crochet, knit, Fimo, sewn, embroidered, whatever, useful or just pretty...
O Calvin & Hobbes - again anything "pretty" and/or useful
O Something "Where the Wild Things Are" loved by me and my daughters!
O Moomins!

Supplies (scraps or used is fine, as are supply only claims!)
Amazon Wishlist
O Metal stamping blanks & stamps (stamps: especially tiny plain hearts (filled or outline), small/tiny stars, a dandelion set (flower & fluff))
O Frixion pens: highlighters and especially those tiny stamps!
O Always: fabric! (esp. solid black!, teals; purples, or smaller patterns, esp. polka dots)
O Always: Sewing thread! All the colours.
O Embroidery hoops! All sizes. I don't have any really tiny ones, though... And 4/6/8" are great for Craftster projects.
O Fabric paint (plain, or can also be glittery, metallic or pearlescent) - I love the kind that doesn't have to be ironed to fix the paint. Some just have to dry for a few days, other go into the oven.
O Plain white silk scarves, shawls, foulards, handkerchieves etc. for me to paint
O Binding or bias tape (bought or handmade, plain or patterned)
O gift card/voucher/coupon for Sayila, Beadworks (UK), Beadaholique (UK), or Etsy.com
O To make things with for myself mostly: stuff with the original care bears, forever friends (the teddy bears!), classic pooh (the e.h. shepard drawings), very hungry caterpillar, barbapapa, moomins
O For the 3yo: Very Hungry Caterpillar, Peppa Pig, Anna & Olaf from Frozen, Minions and that fluffy unicorn! Stephanie & Sportacus from Lazy Town
O For the 5yo: Mia&Me (Mia and Onchao, Lyria) and Elsa from Frozen, Stephanie & Sportacus from Lazy Town

If you want to claim me for something that is not on my lists, don't worry and just go ahead (or pop me a message if you are really unsure)! I just know I'll realize how desperately I want & need it anyway as soon as you claim me for it. So: Thank you for claiming me!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017 06:47:42 PM by rscowtown » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017 06:10:06 PM »

I claim Anne for an ironing pad for a tray table (and changing my previous claim to be something on Anne's wishlist)

1 claims, 0 sent, 0 received

About Me: My name is Laura and I live in Maryland with my husband, 3 kids, a dog, a cat, a rabbit, and a box turtle.

For most things, I would prefer items inspired by my pinterest instead of exact duplicates.

I am a huge fan of Loki, Firefly/Serenity, steampunk, and the color blue in all shades, especially when paired with white

We have no allergies here (other than awful ragweed allergies... but can't see that as much of an issue in swap packages)

Please feel to claim me for anything on my Please make this for me boards on pinterest:
http://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/please-make-this-for-me/
http://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/please-make-this-for-me-knitcrochet/  
http://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/please-make-this-for-me-embroidered-bits/
https://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/please-make-this-for-me-sewn-bags-containters-pouc/

Anything inspired by something on my blue and white board is fair game too:
http://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/blue-white/  

or really any board... I love pinterest surprises.

A mugrug, placemat, simple purse, tote bag, wall art, zippered pouch, stenciled t-shirt, decoupaged box, tea caddy, inspired by any of the following: I do love blue, insanely love blue, but don't limit yourself
   - Firefly - Jayne is my favorite, as well as anything with just Serenity
   - University of Maryland (Fear the Turtle!)
   - Stitch, Toothless or Baymax (really love mash-ups)
   - Harry Potterish, favorite things are Dobby, SPEW, Neville, the word "Always"
   - Hobbits, the One Ring or relating to the Tree of Gondor
   - Princess Bride
   - Unseen University
   - Diet Mountain Dew
   - tea - I have a whole board of tea inspiration (https://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/tea/)
   - Uncle Iroh (love the man! Love his philosophy, love his love of tea, love him)
        - Waves crashing/Ocean

Favorite words/quotes - Ideal for stamping/stenciling on Jewelry, keychains, t-shirts, wall art or for embroidering/appliqueing/papercrafting onto sketchbooks/journals, bookmarks,
   - Always
   - Lies do not become us
   - Be the change (love so much it is now tattooed on my body)
   - Trust your story
   - Put one word after another until it is done
   - Inhale, Exhale, Repeat
   - Write drunk, edit sober
   - You can turn a phrase in to a weapon or a drug
   - As you wish
   - Inconceivable
   - Gorram
   - Serenity
   - Shiny

Kitchen stuff - My kitchen is grey, white and indigo. I am not opposed to other colors, but I really love blue. cuteness like dinosaurs, cupcakes, lobsters, would be good or good with more traditional.
   - Trivet
   - Hot Pad - any kind would do, but I would really like one made in a coiled bowl style, but flat
   - Oven mitts  
   - Reusable swiffer covers
   - fabric, crochet or knit bowls, baskets, bins
   - Simple indigo placemats or napkins with subtle accents, like maybe a tiny smidge of embroidery, or a shell painted, stamped, appliqued in a corner, or maybe even a little bleach stenciling on it
   - Microwave bowl holders

Miscellaneous:
~Mismatched Coasters from any of the following literature/gaming/shows: Rick's Cafe, Prancing Pony, Green Dragon Inn, Founding Fathers,The Bronze, Dragonfly Inn, The Brick, McRory's, Leaky Cauldron, Three Broomsticks, The Pig and Whistle, Lion's Pride Inn, Hogs Head Inn,

~Tiny artwork - Embroidery, drawings, paintings - inchie, twinchie, rinchie sort of sizes. I'm sure it doesn't need to be said, but would prefer quality over quantity. One is more than enough if made with love and care

~Any sort of anything made from recycled Diet Mountain Dew cans, jewelry, bookmarks, wreath, box, anything

~Turtle cozies! My Tasha needs a cozy.

~The start of an altered journal

~zippered M&M's pouch

~and just in case MissingWillow returns to this swap, or someone else takes up pottery, Pottery buttons with a blue black glaze or a japanese style tea cup or bowl made just for me

Supplies: (supply packages are very welcome and i'm very happy to get leftovers, scraps, bits and used)
        - Amazon wish list https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/BH87YKT5WINE/ref=nav_wishlist_lists_2
   - Sashiko stencils - I don't have any, so any would be great
   - Any stencils or precuts for EPP - any shapes and sizes. triangles, hexies, diamonds, dresden plate
   - quilting stencils - I don't have any, so any would be great
   - Any embroidery patterns from http://www.laurajperindesigns.net/american-quilt-collection.html
   - sketch pads, any and all sizes welcome
   - watercolor paper pads
   - tools to make paper punches - I have multiple hexagon sizes, butterflies and cupcakes - would like some others
   - scalpels - supposedly these are better for stencil cutting?

Fabrics   - Would love to get fabric jelly rolls - Any colors, not just blue, but then again, blue is awesome!
   - batik fabric - blues/greens/purples or any blends of those colors together
   - Any fabric in blues or blue and white, especially indigo shades.
   - fabric scraps - Would especially love a variety of 2"x12" or larger cuts in any pattern/color for a scrappy quilt.
   - solid Kona quilting fabrics in any colors, tho of course especially fond of blues
   - Large piece of high quality plain white cotton for shiborri dying

Thanks for looking!

« Last Edit: May 09, 2017 06:32:44 PM by Averia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017 09:14:13 AM »

I claim Averia for something tea related.  

1st claim
0 sent
0 received

I'm Pam. I live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband who owns a vintage collectible toy store and my three dogs (Jujube 16, Iggy 3 or 4 and the newest addition, Maisy-1) Pete, our min pin, just passed away last week.  I work for Craftster part-time and also work as an assistant to forensic psychologist. I love everything vintage up to the 1950's. My backyard is my sanctuary. It is a tiki/boho theme. I love every type of music, really bad 1950's B horror movies, Haunted Mansion, dolls (Monster High, Blythe)crows and humming birds.

Crafty items:

Anything goes!

Biggest thing on my list that I want: A "No Soliciting" Sign for our house. PLEASE!

A crafted item(painting, collage) for my newest dog, Maisy
A shrine for Pete (He recently passed away)
Any surprise from my pinterest board (https://www.pinterest.com/kittykill/)
A Chihuahua amigurmi
Anything with crows (painting, print, collage, stuffed animal)
Garden art-I have a pinterest board for inspiration
A faux taxidermy bust like this: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/235242780514323578/
Anything with Snow White
granny square afghan
Outdoor banner for the backyard
Bath bombs, bath salts
Anything with unicorns
chimes like this: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/235242780517696340/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/235242780517696338/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/235242780517696335/
tea box to hold my packaged tea bags

Jewelry
Jewelry from my pinterest board: https://www.pinterest.com/kittykill/jewelry/
Locket
Rings

Clothing
A hoodie like this: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AYTcQLIgy6K_15wUvelEGJR_rS5kpuRKeskyvmeQGt0HWqSXi7-WJJh-7EN_P67JWKmmmUpfhCRqYdyLTj5nuQY/
Skirts: A-line or pencil
Painted flats or sneakers with wonder woman, hearts, or crows
Leggings
Socks
Slippers (size 7.5)
A belt (can be fabric)
 pj bottoms
hip purse: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/391461392580220470/
bloomers

Misc:
Unicorn mug
Vintage tea cups
Black or herbal teas
bath bombs
Enamel pins
glass suncatchers (hearts or stars)
Etsy or Amazon gift cards

Supplies:
Aunt Martha tea towels
Felt to make dolls
pinking shears
Sharp small scissors
Blank pocket watches
The following patterns:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/235242780517241575/
https://www.etsy.com/listing/492665783/dog-park-modern-cross-stitch-pattern-pdf?ref=hp_rf
https://www.etsy.com/listing/256284761/pdf-pattern-toy-shop-christmas-house
https://www.etsy.com/listing/171353736/hansel-and-gretel-pdf-pattern
https://www.etsy.com/listing/474768059/halloween-garland-spooky-pdf-felt?ref=shop_home_active_10
https://www.etsy.com/listing/168180947/pocket-pets-pdf-pattern-you-choose-two?ref=shop_home_active_6
https://www.etsy.com/listing/456471892/halloween-girl-and-boo-friend-pdf-felt?ref=listing-shop-header-2
https://www.etsy.com/listing/510060583/vampire-girl-zombie-dog-pdf-felt-pattern?ref=shop_home_feat_3
https://www.etsy.com/listing/400452961/witch-girl-pdf-felt-pattern?ref=shop_home_active_19

Books:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1600596150/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=27DWHTS4ZB6AL&coliid=I1Q86QUSLQ57QD

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1454708514/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=27DWHTS4ZB6AL&coliid=I1SNWDLCLFOKHA

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0857637266/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=27DWHTS4ZB6AL&coliid=I2D3H66OOSPAD8

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1454702818/ref=wl_mb_recs_3_title

http://store.doverpublications.com/0486808939.html
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017 09:20:11 AM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017 07:34:57 PM »

I claim KittyKill for etsy patterns

2 claims, 0 sent, 0 received

About Me: My name is Laura and I live in Maryland with my husband, 3 kids, a dog, a cat, a rabbit, and a box turtle.

For most things, I would prefer items inspired by my pinterest instead of exact duplicates.

I am a huge fan of Loki, Firefly/Serenity, steampunk, and the color blue in all shades, especially when paired with white

We have no allergies here (other than awful ragweed allergies... but can't see that as much of an issue in swap packages)

Please feel to claim me for anything on my Please make this for me boards on pinterest:
http://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/please-make-this-for-me/
http://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/please-make-this-for-me-knitcrochet/  
http://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/please-make-this-for-me-embroidered-bits/
https://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/please-make-this-for-me-sewn-bags-containters-pouc/

Anything inspired by something on my blue and white board is fair game too:
http://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/blue-white/  

or really any board... I love pinterest surprises.

A mugrug, placemat, simple purse, tote bag, wall art, zippered pouch, stenciled t-shirt, decoupaged box, tea caddy, inspired by any of the following: I do love blue, insanely love blue, but don't limit yourself
   - Firefly - Jayne is my favorite, as well as anything with just Serenity
   - University of Maryland (Fear the Turtle!)
   - Stitch, Toothless or Baymax (really love mash-ups)
   - Harry Potterish, favorite things are Dobby, SPEW, Neville, the word "Always"
   - Hobbits, the One Ring or relating to the Tree of Gondor
   - Princess Bride
   - Unseen University
   - Diet Mountain Dew
   - tea - I have a whole board of tea inspiration (https://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/tea/)
   - Uncle Iroh (love the man! Love his philosophy, love his love of tea, love him)
        - Waves crashing/Ocean

Favorite words/quotes - Ideal for stamping/stenciling on Jewelry, keychains, t-shirts, wall art or for embroidering/appliqueing/papercrafting onto sketchbooks/journals, bookmarks,
   - Always
   - Lies do not become us
   - Be the change (love so much it is now tattooed on my body)
   - Trust your story
   - Put one word after another until it is done
   - Inhale, Exhale, Repeat
   - Write drunk, edit sober
   - You can turn a phrase in to a weapon or a drug
   - As you wish
   - Inconceivable
   - Gorram
   - Serenity
   - Shiny

Kitchen stuff - My kitchen is grey, white and indigo. I am not opposed to other colors, but I really love blue. cuteness like dinosaurs, cupcakes, lobsters, would be good or good with more traditional.
   - Trivet
   - Hot Pad - any kind would do, but I would really like one made in a coiled bowl style, but flat
   - Oven mitts  
   - Reusable swiffer covers
   - fabric, crochet or knit bowls, baskets, bins
   - Simple indigo placemats or napkins with subtle accents, like maybe a tiny smidge of embroidery, or a shell painted, stamped, appliqued in a corner, or maybe even a little bleach stenciling on it
   - Microwave bowl holders

Miscellaneous:
~Mismatched Coasters from any of the following literature/gaming/shows: Rick's Cafe, Prancing Pony, Green Dragon Inn, Founding Fathers,The Bronze, Dragonfly Inn, The Brick, McRory's, Leaky Cauldron, Three Broomsticks, The Pig and Whistle, Lion's Pride Inn, Hogs Head Inn,

~Tiny artwork - Embroidery, drawings, paintings - inchie, twinchie, rinchie sort of sizes. I'm sure it doesn't need to be said, but would prefer quality over quantity. One is more than enough if made with love and care

~Any sort of anything made from recycled Diet Mountain Dew cans, jewelry, bookmarks, wreath, box, anything

~Turtle cozies! My Tasha needs a cozy.

~The start of an altered journal

~zippered M&M's pouch

~and just in case MissingWillow returns to this swap, or someone else takes up pottery, Pottery buttons with a blue black glaze or a japanese style tea cup or bowl made just for me

Supplies: (supply packages are very welcome and i'm very happy to get leftovers, scraps, bits and used)
        - Amazon wish list https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/BH87YKT5WINE/ref=nav_wishlist_lists_2
   - Sashiko stencils - I don't have any, so any would be great
   - Any stencils or precuts for EPP - any shapes and sizes. triangles, hexies, diamonds, dresden plate
   - quilting stencils - I don't have any, so any would be great
   - Any embroidery patterns from http://www.laurajperindesigns.net/american-quilt-collection.html
   - sketch pads, any and all sizes welcome
   - watercolor paper pads
   - tools to make paper punches - I have multiple hexagon sizes, butterflies and cupcakes - would like some others
   - scalpels - supposedly these are better for stencil cutting?

Fabrics   - Would love to get fabric jelly rolls - Any colors, not just blue, but then again, blue is awesome!
   - batik fabric - blues/greens/purples or any blends of those colors together
   - Any fabric in blues or blue and white, especially indigo shades.
   - fabric scraps - Would especially love a variety of 2"x12" or larger cuts in any pattern/color for a scrappy quilt.
   - solid Kona quilting fabrics in any colors, tho of course especially fond of blues
   - Large piece of high quality plain white cotton for shiborri dying

Thanks for looking!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017 01:57:35 AM »

Claiming Averia for at least one finished UFO from my Avie-stash! (due out May 26)

1/0/0
This is my first claim this round.

Hi, my name is Anne. I live in Bremen (in Germany!) with my husband Uwe and two little ones: Lea (5) and Hanna (3). I don't like cigarette/cigar smoke, but have no allergies to speak of (some artificial scents mostly, cats and dogs, but that doesn't matter for anything but wearables, and those are washable!). Our house is smoke- and pet-free (except for a few dust bunnies and maybe the odd spider).

My favourite colours are black (esp. for wearables), then dark teal, deep purple and dark brown (love the cool and soft shades), cream & taupe (sand, milk, stone, wool... think nature), and pink for accents. Always, always, always black will be a perfect choice! I like plain fabrics, or (stylized) patterns like leaves and blossoms; polka dot... Repurposed and/or used is always fine. I prefer cotton or other natural fibers over acrylics. Also I'm happy to receive mixed or supply only-claims!

I've set up a board on Pinterest for this swap, links to (almost) all handmade items (or at least pictures) from my list should be here: my Craftster Pinterest wishlist. Big wishes right now are there, but I have lots of things I want on other Pinterest boards, so if you find something there... Especially here Jewelry or here T-shirts I love the shirts I've received so far and am wearing them constantly. But I still want more!

Please keep in mind that I love miniatures! So if there is something you want to make, but shipping costs are too high, maybe it would also work out on a small to tiny scale? Especially if it's supposed to go on the wall.

Embellished / Decorated Shirts
I love the ones I've received so far and am wearing them constantly!
I prefer a round, wide neckline (don't like anything too close to the throat). And I love 3/4 sleeves (or long), but tees are always fine, too. Love both cotton with a bit of stretch as well as cotton only; also thinner fabrics. Women's plus size 26-30 or 3x-5x. As for colour, black or grey is perfect, as are any of my favourite colours.
Stencilled/drawn/painted/appliqued/embroidered etc. (printable iron-ons, because those tend to get destroyed in our washing machine, even in the wool cycle). I've also received some awesome vinyl iron-ons that I put on shirts myself, they work great!
Themes: T-Shirts
Some specific ideas:
O Rickroll shirt... Or can just be Rick Astley, without the rolling... Wink
O XKCD t-shirts (baby, natural parenting, grownups, counter-clockwise)
O Anything Labyrinth for me... Jareth, or a quotation, or... preferably in black and white (or a teeny bit glittery?)
O Calvin & Hobbes
O Disc World! Can be just a quotation, or anything really (Vimes & Sybil, Vetinari, Angua, UU, Granny Weatherwax, Nanny Ogg, Tiffany Aching, Death)

Sewn
O Medium sized Pleated Tote, a very dark deep teal or brown would be a favourite, or black is always good, but with a zipper closure please!
O Or a tote/purse (with a zipper closure if possible) like one of these: Buttercup Bag; One Hour Bag; Carolina Breeze Bag
O If anyone has a nice dark black/teal/brown/purple jersey (solid or patterned) and maybe a serger, I'd love a very simple, plain tunic. It would have to be pretty large, though, XXL or XXXL.
O Fabric Wall Organizer (I have a cream/grey one already which was taken over by my husband.), I'd love my own! Maybe a bit more colourful than grey so I won't grab his correct things...

Knit or crochet
O Yoga socks / boot cuffs / leg warmers to warm my ankles (I want to keep on wearing dresses and skirts in fall and winter) (maybe some cream coloured ones?)
O An (otherwise fast and easy) knit hat or cowl with a leaves overlay like this! knit leaves
O Spiral heel socks
O Any socks really, cable, plain, self-striping, knit or or crochet...
O A big, beautiful purple beanie (dark cool soft shade; I have a warmer/burgundy one already) maybe like this one made by lydiaharper for mermaidcafe I want it for myself, so for a 60cm head! mermaidcafe's hat It doesn't have to be that pattern, or really any pattern at all, it just has to be long and wide enough so it doesn't keep slipping upwards on my hair. A deep teal or black would be lovely, too. My Ravelry Favourites are here.

Jewelry
O Anything Labyrinth (esp. Jareth!) or Calvin & Hobbes for me... painted, sketched, etched, crochet, knit, Fimo, sewn, beaded, woven, whittled, embroidered, whatever!
O Flat dark stone pendant with 4 crystals (or glittery glass) like this (two smaller, two larger) Flat dark stone pendant with crystals 4 glittery things (2 larger, 2 smaller) to represent my family
O Glow-in-the-Dark Tree of Life Pendant pretty much like this. or different!
O Han and Leia rings - one saying "i love you" and the other "i know"
O Mini hooplas or tiny art inchies, rinchies, twinchies in your favourite medium. Those make great pendants! I don't wear brooches, but I have lots of supplies to make a necklace from your piece of art! All t-shirt ideas would work very well for this, too!Maybe somthing from here as inspiration,
O Discworld related jewelry would be very much appreciated!

Other
O Something small printed/stamped/embroidered with dandelions on it: A tea wallet, a notebook, a little zippered coin purse or tampon wallet, wallet wallet, a earbud case, pendant, anything! Dandelions!
O Covered tape measure: sheep, zebra, penguin, kitten, or something completely different! Even a plain one in a cute/ptretty/cool fabric without any critters. Baaaa!
O Han and Leia Mugs - please include "i love you" and "i know" (on the inside bottom would be my favourite!) Han & Leia silhouette mugs
O mini stamps for "filofaxing" - appointments, aqua gym, gymnastic-y, birthdays, dates, movies, etc. - also works well for greeting cards (a candle, a cake or cupcake...)!  (various on my OWS board)
O Leather Planner cover in A6, big enough so I can put a regular notebook/moleskine and a calendar in it (like the smaller Moleskine flex) (2cm/a little less than 1"). I love plain oiled leather in darkish to dark brown.
O Screen printing kit (I would so love to try this!)
O Mini hooplas/wall art for my room in the doll house (because there is no space for a real hoopla wall and I love tiny things!). So inchies or rinchies in your favourite medium. Maybe somthing from here as an inspiration? Inspiration Board
O Tablet stand
O This Pottery Yarn Bowl is my absolute favourite (the colour, the little stars!), but I'd love a different one, or one made from a wooden bowl too. Or even from a large plastic cup, as long as it's fun to look at and doesn't topple over or hop around the room while I'm working. (If it's tall enough, I can always put a stone in as a weight! Right now I'm using a smallish earthenware sugar pot.)
O Binding or bias tape: patterned or solid, scrappy or single colour, from a fat quarter or a long strip from a sheet...
O Anything Labyrinth for me... crochet, knit, Fimo, sewn, embroidered, whatever, useful or just pretty...
O Calvin & Hobbes - again anything "pretty" and/or useful
O Something "Where the Wild Things Are" loved by me and my daughters!
O Moomins!

Supplies (scraps or used is fine, as are supply only claims!)
Amazon Wishlist
O Metal stamping blanks & stamps (stamps: especially tiny plain hearts (filled or outline), small/tiny stars, a dandelion set (flower & fluff))
O Frixion pens: highlighters and especially those tiny stamps!
O Always: fabric! (esp. solid black!, teals; purples, or smaller patterns, esp. polka dots)
O Always: Sewing thread! All the colours.
O Embroidery hoops! All sizes. I don't have any really tiny ones, though... And 4/6/8" are great for Craftster projects.
O Fabric paint (plain, or can also be glittery, metallic or pearlescent) - I love the kind that doesn't have to be ironed to fix the paint. Some just have to dry for a few days, other go into the oven.
O Plain white silk scarves, shawls, foulards, handkerchieves etc. for me to paint
O Binding or bias tape (bought or handmade, plain or patterned)
O gift card/voucher/coupon for Sayila, Beadworks (UK), Beadaholique (UK), or Etsy.com
O To make things with for myself mostly: stuff with the original care bears, forever friends (the teddy bears!), classic pooh (the e.h. shepard drawings), very hungry caterpillar, barbapapa, moomins
O For the 3yo: Very Hungry Caterpillar, Peppa Pig, Anna & Olaf from Frozen, Minions and that fluffy unicorn! Stephanie & Sportacus from Lazy Town
O For the 5yo: Mia&Me (Mia and Onchao, Lyria) and Elsa from Frozen, Stephanie & Sportacus from Lazy Town

If you want to claim me for something that is not on my lists, don't worry and just go ahead (or pop me a message if you are really unsure)! I just know I'll realize how desperately I want & need it anyway as soon as you claim me for it. So: Thank you for claiming me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017 04:05:16 AM »

I claim anna.wahnsinn for frixion highlighters and stamps!  (due out May 30th)

Hi!  Im Alicia! Im a polymer chemist currently living in Pittsburgh, PA.  I live with my fiance and our two cats.

Likes:  lots of color! (especially blues and greens), argyle, sciencey things (chemistry especially of course), using old, unloved things to make new, useful ones, wolves, video games (I love Luigi and Pokemon), books (fantasy FTW), and tabletop RPGs (World of Darkness specifically)

Dislikes:  Super pink and cutesy or death/goth things.  Also, the color orange (its fine in small amounts, just dont generally like it as the main color).

No allergies here!

Crafts

Anything from my pinterest would be loved. Crafts for DJ is the board for my fiance - he has gotten some great things from Craftster in the past, and theyre always appreciated!

Homemade lotions/body butters- I have eczema, so anything with dry skin love would be great (please no soap though, full up on that at the moment!). 

Tie-dyed anything, especially clothing.  I would wear the crap out of just some basic tie dye t-shirts.

Alice in Wonderland themed kitchen towels or potholders.

Bowser amigurumi

Tree of life pendant

A shadowbox with a mash up of the Hufflepuff and Slytherin house crests that can be used to display our two wands - we got engaged at Universal Studios in front of Hogwarts, so they are special to us.

Resin pendants - no bugs, but just about anything else that Ive seen put in resin would be cool.  Magnets would work too, instead of a pendant.

Flannel PJ pants - plaid would be extra awesome, and Id prefer drawstring over elastic waist. Women's XL

Small duffel bag with room for Zumba gear - basically just tennis shoes and a change of clothes, but it needs to zip.

Hip bag (the kind without the lower leg strap) - examples on pinterest

Craft Supplies
I totally support reusing supplies, so used is always okay. Im also okay with all-supply claims if you dont feel like crafting for me!

I just started to get into art journaling, so I would love any of the affiliated supplies, especially:
Stamps/stencils/ink pads (especially good background patterns)
Embossing powder
Any kind of ink spray
Washi tape
Paint pens - the finer, the better
Tim Holtz Distress Stains

Fabric- plain cuts large enough to make clothing in things like wool, linen, nice cottons.  I have lots of crazy polyester prints, but I want to make some nice classic basics.  I dont really use quilting cottons.

Any garment sewing (not quilting) magazines, especially Threads and BurdaStyle/Burda World of Fashion - dont have to be current

Lighter weights of iron on interfacing (for clothes, not bags) - knit or woven

Serger thread - any colors - groups of 3 or 4 cones is best

Cotton cording to make coiled fabric bowls - these are my go-to for charity sewing, so I use up a lot of this stuff!

Any of the sewing patterns from my pinterest wish list

Thanks in advance to whoever makes my wish come true!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

snowyangel
Mothering 2 boys, rescuing animals, sewing & gardening.

Tryin' to "adult" everyday...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017 10:55:12 AM »

Claiming Fishstix for hem markers, ink pads and maybe more!
Claim 1 of 2 allowed, 0 sent.
Hello I'm Laura from South Dakota!  I own a jungle of rescued pets, a mom to a crazy 3.5yr and 1yr old boys, a husband stuck in the 80's and I love home decorating. I love gray, gray/white combos, teal/aqua, brown/white, black/white for colors(almost any except orange, yellow, pink or neons). Anything involving/inspiring being a mom(my fav occupation!), pet rescue/adoption or something for my boys is awesome too. I will always love adding to my fabric stash too(shh don't tell my hubby). I don't mind used or re-purposed items either.... just have fun!

- ***We're moving into much older home so these items are needed to spruce it up! This color of bronze spray paint: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/33425222209351274/ ,  Annie sloan chaulk pain in a light grey or off white https://www.pinterest.com/pin/435301120219809487/ , finials or accents like these: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AbXDqwjFb6pyNBf6YaIFhM82t526dynAi8ixuRHej7ikuLSlhw3hxZA/ ,  wood stains: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/435301120219822776/ or "1001" house sign(or just the numbers is cool too) like these: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/435301120222584706/ , with letter T instead https://www.pinterest.com/pin/ASz4BODDs_N8jLkX2DBzNcEgXoUMNLzDH1BQKocEpGwYxTvbNcCs2qI/ , https://www.pinterest.com/pin/56787645281998174/

Crafted:
- I always ADORE screen printed shirts for me(ladies small, prefer deep necks). Mom themes, owls, adopting/rescue animals... see my pinterest list for ideas!
- Home made laundry detergent, bath salts, bath bombs(I'm addicted to baths)! Love fruity/citrus scents.
- Funny male, 80's and/or cat related hand made birthday or blank cards.
- Witty sign for my bathroom, kitchen or laundry room. Ideas: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AV6V7_Fh4TH44dH3ht8rAQZL9fn_Z2gqlhgtg3HDxWevkthZdXXHjCg/, https://www.pinterest.com/pin/Ae4kBoJfWmBna8uIWdVdGk3UNGCia0eDmhH-6yKjwz5YUA89UTpQsWg/ , https://www.pinterest.com/pin/435301120218881885/
- Photo pendant(or necklace if you have the chain) or bracelet (6.5-7" )with my two boys on it! Examples: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/435301120217985740/ ,  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/435301120213100812/
-  An engraved or stamped piece with either my boys names(Liam and Rylan) or DOB(09/28/2013 and 04/16/2016) on them. Some examples on my Etsy and pinterest lists.
- Earring holder to hang my large collection of earrings from. Ex: https://www.etsy.com/listing/62777940/shabby-chic-home-decor-earring-holder?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=earring%20holder&ref=sr_gallery_23
- Single Light switch and outlets covers or frames. Silver, light grey or white, natural wood themes. See my pins for examples.
- Wall decals with my kids names on it, like these: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/435301120218663863/
- Items for my 3yr toddler or a fun craft supply pkg(pipe cleaners, googly eyes, etc)! He loves dinosaurs, trains, airplanes, spiders, bees, snakes, bugs. Here's some fun ideas: soap with toy inside! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/435301120214167659/ ,  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/435301120214277911/,  plastic canvas planes https://www.pinterest.com/pin/435301120212979531/ , https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AVyxKq7IDjwg8nvbWYKot_t-O9EP6nvvXSJ1XGxu7EKwB9hD1wuixoY/
- Bird swing, ladder or chew toys for our Conure bird(he's about the size of a cockatiel). Can be more simpler then these ideas: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/435301120212125801/
- Home bake goods to curb my stress! Marshmallow Rice crispie squares, saltine "christmas crack" bars,  lemon bars, choc puffed rice bars, meringues...YUMMM!
- NEW! A Beaded ring size 5.5. See my Etsy favs for ideas.
- New! A surprise "pick me up" package. Stalk my lists, put odds in ends to make me smile of things you think I'd like! Cheesy
- NEW! Large scrabble tiles with our names Laura, Ryan, Rylan, Liam: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/435301120218720248/
- NEW! Cute bird or squirrel feeder. I have some ideas pinned.
- NEW! A neat gift to give my boys Oma & Opa(its hard to find stuff with this written on it).

Supplies :
- NEW! Milk paint in a white or off white or very pale grey.
- 1.5 yards or so of upholstry fabric in a gray/white or brown/white pattern. I like modern patterns like: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/538180224196549813/  ,  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/44262008813299868/ , https://www.pinterest.com/pin/314689092684360592/ . https://www.pinterest.com/pin/34973334581938904/
- **Wall paper remover product and/or scraper tool too.
- 1 yd+ fabric in natural colors(tans, browns, burnt orange, khaki/olive greens, burgandy) flannel in plaid or solids!  I'm also needing items in the same colors for: ribbon, twine, burlap, any size mason jars.
- Four small(3-4" long) Wood or metal corner scroll accents and one larger(8-10"long). Can be unfinished as I will paint them. Ex: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/435301120218120275/, https://www.pinterest.com/pin/435301120218277733/
- Rotary cutter and/or Rotary cutting board
- We collect outdoor gnomes and mushrooms for our garden, any size. New or used, crafted, even ones that need a touchup. Smiley
- Garden flag, the smaller size(I think 12 x 18inches?) if you see any on clearance? Modern patterns, T symbol, camping, canoe themes, gnomes, witty.
- Anything inspired by my Etsy favorites(lots under $10) : https://www.etsy.com/people/snowyangel/favorites/items-i-love?ref=favs_index_1
- Anything inspired by this Pinterest wishlist(over 300 pins and counting!): https://www.pinterest.com/lauraTellberg/craft-swapgift-idea-wishlist-for-moi/
- Gift cards to: Michaels, Etsy, Amazon, or Ebay.

Thanks for choosing moi!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017 09:21:00 AM by snowyangel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

La Chapa
Hardcore Yarnie!

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017 04:44:04 PM »

I claim snowyangel for something inspired by her Pinterest wishlist

1/0/0

Hi! My name is Olivia and I'm married with two boys. We live in a small apartment about 20 minutes from the Pacific Ocean along California's Central Coast.  

My absolute favorite color is green. Forest green, mossy green, and jade.  I'm also partial to the blue-green shades.  The color I wear the most however is black.  Often all black.  I've also been known to wear green (but never primary green!), brown, and other Earthy colors.  But I'm not picky about color! Lol! Not at all! Pffft!

Artificial fragrances will trigger allergies in my home, but we love things that are naturally scented with Essential oils.

I'm a practicing animist and respect all animals and all things Nature. I prefer vegan crafted items and supplies unless you know it is "ethically" produced, foraged, or repurposed. I apologize for this complication but I must walk the talk as much as possible, and lately my conscience has been nagging at me.  

If you'd like, you can browse my Etsy favorites, they should give you a pretty darn good idea of my aesthetic. I have favorited many items relevant to my wishlist.  https://www.etsy.com/people/spiderlingdreams/favorites/items-i-love

Thanks in advance!  

WISH LIST:
1. Gardening Half Apron. Something slightly gathered; I am a size petite large.  No ruffles. Something in black or olive green would be nice.  Favorite themes for fabric include botanicals, gardening, Nature, stripes, polka dots. I love these fabrics! https://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/4797278-little-wildflowers-by-swanbones & https://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/5174969-fernomenal-ferns-by-linda_facci
2. Cloth napkins - nothing fancy but no white please
3. Blueberry themed pot holders
4. Cooking apron (full) - I'd love something cute like sushi, strawberries, blueberries, avocados or black cats - a nice sturdy material would be great for lots of loving and washing (I'm a messy cook!) https://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/2889577-sushi-by-kristinnohe  & https://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/5705555-fruits-veggies-by-nikkilately
5. Seed bead dangle earrings (I need ear wires that close though because my piercings are stretched- bonus is that if you don't already have some, you could always fashion some out of wire and not have to worry about gauge!) Please keep in mind my preferred colors.  An all black pair would rock my world! Here's a couple pairs that I like https://www.etsy.com/listing/496277977/beaded-earrings-seed-bead-earrings &  https://www.etsy.com/listing/235374069/long-fringe-earrings-seed-bead-earrings
6. Wire wrapped jewelry. My absolute favorite gemstone is golden rutile quartz, but it doesn't have to be gemstone, I also like (ethically foraged) shells, fossils, bones and the like. My fave metals are brass and silver, but whatever you have is fine as long as it's a metal color and not some of the rainbow metallics.  
7. Ceramic beads
8. Lotion bars - EO scented only, no artificial fragrance please. Some of my favorite scents are lavender, frankincense, rosemary, rose, sandalwood, and patchouli. Blends are always fun.
9. Soap bars - EO scented only please, no artificial fragrance
10. Bath bombs! My son loves how they fizz, but he has sensitive skin so please avoid dyes and artificial fragrances. EOs are ok!
11. An embroidered (or cross stitch, etc.) piece that says "Familia" (without the quotes) and is decorated with wildflowers, or trees (oaks and/or pines), or maybe a blackberry bramble or ferns or something like that.  I have an 8 x 10 frame for it, but I can also use a 5x7 frame if that is more manageable.
12. An embroidery that says "harm none" (without the quotes) with any woodland plants, animals, and or insects.  Something more prim or stylized and less baby nursery would be nice.  
13. Anything Star Wars themed appropriate for a 7 year old boy (my son)
14. Anything spider themed (for me)
15. Anything Kodama themed, because I love Kodama!
16. Insect brooch - any craft. Nothing cartoony though.  I like moths, beetles, bumble bees, and spiders.
17. Weather resistant wind chime for my back patio - I love rustic styles best
18. Macrame plant hanger

SUPPLIES
1. Wire for wire wrapping! Any metal any gauge! No rainbow colors though, just metal colors. Brass is a fave.
2. Clear gesso
3. Nature themed washi tape
4. Wool yarn (aran, sport, worsted, dk) from an ethical producer like Malabrigo, Manos del Uruguay, Rosy Green Wool, Madelinetosh, and Blue Sky Fibers (just as a side note, since these yarns are pricier, one skein will in most cases equal one medium)
5. Organic cotton yarn - I mostly use this for baby toys, so soft or Earthy colors are best - no brights please
6. Apothecary jars (with cork tops?) for storing small natural curiosities.  I'm thinking spice jar size down to just slightly larger than jewelry size.
7. Vetiver essential oil - none of my local stores carry it!
8. Naturally shed feathers - Do you or a neighbor have chickens?  I would love some naturally shed rooster feathers!  Do you are a family member have a parrot?  I would love some naturally shed parrot feathers!
9. Black stamp pad - I found some cute rubber stamps at the goodwill, and I'd love to use them
10. 2.5-3 inch unfinished wood craft rings, like these https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01L5LD5I6/ref=mp_s_a_1_14_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1494867688&sr=8-14&keywords=wooden+rings+for+crafts
11. 3/4 inch and 1 inch unfinished wood round beads
12. Gouache! I'd love to start working in gouache! So far I have: none.  Brands I'm interested in are DaVinci, Holbein, Winsor & newton, Utrecht, Caran, but as long as it's Artist grade gouache and not Student gouache, brand doesn't matter.  Sorry, apparently I'm a pigment snob as well as a yarn snob. Lol!
13. Sorry, I'm stuck here! Feel free to send me something you think I'd like.  You know, that thing I didn't know I needed but I do?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017 09:55:53 PM by La Chapa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Paint a Music Box!
July 26, 2017 Featured Projects
What's Up Girlfriend?

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...